Boxer-Briefs are retarded

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Until I tried them, I thought they were just overpriced underwear that looked really, really stupid. These things are even more fashionably ludicrous than corsets, since at least corsets make fat chicks look not so fat. Boxer briefs not only look dumb, but they are just as tight as normal briefs and they have the habit, albeit not as strong of a habit, of bunching up when you run the way regular shorts do. Pointless? indeed.

I was trying to think of a past fashion that was more ridiculous, or at least similarly ridiculous, as are boxer-briefs. Lo and behold, I drew blank after blank.

Seriously, men, it pains me to see our kind get worked up over designer underwear. Do your bank account, your johnson, and the gruff sensibilities of the Y chromosome a favor and don't buy into the most retarded fashion trend ever.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 54
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Personally I'm a fan of long underwear thermals.
  • Reply 2 of 54
    i like 'em because i can go out and get the paper in them without putting on a robe.
  • Reply 3 of 54
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i like 'em because i can go out and get the paper in them without putting on a robe.

And look unbelievably retarded at the same time. Whatever happened to the old pair of gym shorts? (Or in my case, the sportkilt)
  • Reply 4 of 54
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

And look unbelievably retarded at the same time. Whatever happened to the old pair of gym shorts? (Or in my case, the sportkilt)

I clicked on that link, that piercing noise....I hate you.

• Reply 5 of 54
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Feh. Sportkilts are for Welsh sheep fsckers.

Utilikilts are where it's at, man.

And just so we're on the same page... the clothes you're frothing over are like longjohns but cut off mid-thigh, right? Thick cotton, brief-ish top, mid-thigh length?

Love 'em. They suck in hot weather, but when the chill hits, there's nothing better.

I guess you just have to be trim *and* have an ass to pull them off.
  • Reply 6 of 54
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Here is the main reason why I wear them, and really for no other, women like the way they look on us.
  • Reply 7 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

Here is the main reason why I wear them, and really for no other, women like the way they look on us.

Not the women I know. Most really don't care. Anyway, if it's attention from women that you want, the kilt works much better, especially if you wear it traditional style.

Quote:

Feh. Sportkilts are for Welsh sheep fsckers.

Utilikilts are where it's at, man.

Dude, this picture alone is reason to avoid the utilikilt
  • Reply 8 of 54
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    i, surprisingly for a straight man, have been wearing them for years...

one...tightey-whiteys are:

a)awful looking

b)way too tight in the package for a "man" my size

c)awful looking and constant wedgie producing

two...boxers (my previous preference and i still have a couple of pair i wear from time to time...mostly my tigger ones when i am feeling "randy"...dang, i wish there was a better way of saying that...feeling "randy" is much too much queer eye material) are:

a)way too baggie for wearing under shorts or tight jeans (not that i wear tight jeans)

b) way too loose in the package for a "man" my size...gotta contain my "trogdor" somehow

c)tend to "bunch" up

boxer briefs are just the right amount of tight and loose and can be worn about the house without too much of the "jesus dad, just how big do you want my therapist bill to be?"

g
  • Reply 9 of 54
    There's this reoccuring concept of "wearing underwear around the house." If you have a son, g, and you're as big as you claim, you should make sure the boy gets the idea, because for the next ten years he will swear that his dad "has the biggest johnson in the world."

• Reply 10 of 54
    Quote:

Not the women I know. Most really don't care. Anyway, if it's attention from women that you want, the kilt works much better, especially if you wear it traditional style.

Especially that.

"So, do you wear anything under it?"

"Are you woman enough to find out?"

And the sportkilt is just a cheap kilt knock-off for those who can't shell out the dough for a real one. :P

I mean come on... this just screams "RenFair Wannabe!"

I'll take my custom tailored, bought in Edinburgh at the tailor, correct genealogical clan, I got married in it with my Prince Charlie jacket as well, solid *wool* kilt.

Poly and thin cotton just hang wrong in my opinion, when applied to a traditional cut.

If you're going to for an everyday kilt, get one that stands on its own merits, instead of trying to be something it can't.

IMNSHO, of course.

The Utilikilt is *useful* as everyday clothing, not just "I'll wear this because I don't want to spill a latte on my good kilt". \

Wow, how did we get into this side rant?
  • Reply 11 of 54
    tmptmp Posts: 601member
    Quote:

I was trying to think of a past fashion that was more ridiculous, or at least similarly ridiculous, as are boxer-briefs. Lo and behold, I drew blank after blank.

At least thay aren't Manties

• Reply 12 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

What the FSCK???

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!
  • Reply 13 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Especially that.

"So, do you wear anything under it?"

"Are you woman enough to find out?"

And the sportkilt is just a cheap kilt knock-off for those who can't shell out the dough for a real one. :P

[

That's absolutely correct. But it's more of a rugby drinking thing for me, so buying a good kilt would be foolish. Furthermore, I'm Ukrainian-Armenian. Granted my Armenian line has deep scottish ties, Ukrainians invented pants. I'm not exactly Mr. Tartan here.

About the manties:

Dude, that was over the line
  • Reply 14 of 54
    Quote:

That's absolutely correct. But it's more of a rugby drinking thing for me, so buying a good kilt would be foolish. Furthermore, I'm Ukrainian-Armenian. Granted my Armenian line has deep scottish ties, Ukrainians invented pants. I'm not exactly Mr. Tartan here.

*laugh* Fair enough.

Wait... rugby drinking thing... okay, that's a time when going traditional may not be in your best interests... where's the thread about the three finger salute?
  • Reply 15 of 54
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    they're a good compromise.

you don't flop all over the place (boxers) and you don't end up hanging out the leg hole (breifs).
  • Reply 16 of 54
    Quote:

There's this reoccuring concept of "wearing underwear around the house." If you have a son, g, and you're as big as you claim, you should make sure the boy gets the idea, because for the next ten years he will swear that his dad "has the biggest johnson in the world."

funny, true story related to this...background...hippy parents, lots of nudity, body beautiful and all that..yada yada yada...seen my mother naked in her 20's, 30's and 40's...and only through extreme effort and diligence have i been able to not see her naked in her 50's and 60's (thank christ)

me...no sons, two daughters...now teenagers and, though seeing dad in boxer briefs is probably not their favorite thing, it could be much worse...(see below)

ok, so we (my wife and i) weren't always running around the house naked like the adults were when i was a kid growing up in cali in the 60's, but we wanted our kids to feel comfortable with us and nudity and all that in keeping with good self image and the belief that nudity isn't bad but violence is etc etc...so when the kids were young (one to two) they might sometimes bathe with me or, as they got a little older (two to three) if they tried to get into the shower when i was taking a shower, i wouldn't care...then one day i was playing with the kids in the backyard and one of the kid's friend came over...and my eldest (three at the time and very into using correct terms for all things...when our cat was fixed she was infatuated with this and would tell people...she was only two and a half at the time, "my cat can not have kittens because her uterus was removed"...people would look at her, perhaps correctly, like she was some freak) tells the other child, "my daddy has a penis...and it is huge" with heavy, child-like emphasis and awe on huge, with added bugging out of her eyes to help drive the point home ...i mentally said a very loud "shit", quickly changed the subject by saying "i think i just saw barney hiding behind the oak tree" and stopped letting the kids get in the shower with me...for three reasons:

one: i realized that what i thought was harmless could get me into trouble

two: i realized that the height of a three year old probably put them at a possibly "incorrect" viewing height where certain objects (like in car mirrors) might appear closer than intended

three: i didn't like my kid telling lies (i am a skinny irish boy and "huge" could easily be false advertising)

g
  • Reply 17 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

[B]At least thay aren't Manties

[ IMG] edited out...wish i could edit it from my brain [/ IMG] [/B ]

tmp...banned for life

g

edited to remove offending image...worse than linking images from somethingawful.com
  • Reply 18 of 54
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I clicked on that link, that piercing noise....I hate you.

me too
  • Reply 19 of 54
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tmp

• Reply 20 of 54
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    I'd pay big money for a picture of any of you in a pair of Manties. Safe in the knowledge I'd then be in a position to blackmail you for the rest of my life. If you wack 'em on under one of those leather Utilikilts, I'll double the offer!