AppleInsider NCAA Tournament Pick 'Em

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Group ID# \t18492

Group Name \tAppleInsider

Group Password \tdorsal

Get a SN on Yahoo if you dont already have one, and then sign up at the link above. Just click to join a private group and put in the ID# and PW.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 78
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    TW99: you gonna pick cinci again and be wrong again? I love cincy - great for upset points....

Go Heels!
  • Reply 2 of 78
    Hey man, I still won last time Nah...I had the final 4 right last yr though....I think I only had Cincy winnin 1st round vs Gonzaga.

But if it helps, yes I will be pickin Cincy

this year could have a crazy amount of upsets...literally anyone could win it all...I'm gonna have some major bracketology in store for this one
  • Reply 3 of 78
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 78
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I'm in.
  • Reply 5 of 78
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Just signed up.
  • Reply 6 of 78
    I'm waiting to start my pickin' til the brackets come out. Look for the Heels to make some noise in the tourney. Don't pick against 'em because you'll be wrong.
  • Reply 7 of 78
    ^I got UNC in the Final 4, dependin on the draw they get of course. UNC, Cincy, Gonzaga, UConn is an early prediction
  • Reply 8 of 78
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Go Maryland!

And (Because I'm not clueless)

Go Duke!
  • Reply 9 of 78
    ****. Dook's bracket. And a tough 6th seed.

Go heels!
  • Reply 10 of 78
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    I'm in. (Love the dorsal password) haha
  • Reply 11 of 78
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    I'm in. Hopefully I won't get my ass kicked as much as I did last year.
  • Reply 12 of 78
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    okay, i know it's been a while since i followed the NCAA tourney, but when (and why) did it go from 64 to 65 teams?
  • Reply 13 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

okay, i know it's been a while since i followed the NCAA tourney, but when (and why) did it go from 64 to 65 teams?

I don't know exactly when it made the switch but it was done to allow for one more at-large bid. The top number 1 seed plays the winner of a play-in game. I think there was a lot of screaming about the deserving teams that didn't get in because less deserving teams won their conference tourneys. I don't buy that excuse, but whatever....
  • Reply 14 of 78
    The seedings are HORRIBLE this yr......the selection committee is on crack.
  • Reply 15 of 78
    I'm in. UNC wins!
  • Reply 16 of 78
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Whoever it is, I don't see any way in hell it can be a Texas team. As usual. Thus spake the Slor of Voldrani. We can play American football sometimes, but yeeouch- we suck a basketball for the most part.
  • Reply 17 of 78
    Utah State shoulda made it in.
  • Reply 18 of 78
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I don't know exactly when it made the switch but it was done to allow for one more at-large bid. The top number 1 seed plays the winner of a play-in game. I think there was a lot of screaming about the deserving teams that didn't get in because less deserving teams won their conference tourneys. I don't buy that excuse, but whatever....

Nope.

It happened to allow for an extra automatic qualifier when the WAC and Mountain West split apart. They wanted to keep the number of at-larges the same, so they added an extra spot for the new conference champ.
  • Reply 19 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

Nope.

It happened to allow for an extra automatic qualifier when the WAC and Mountain West split apart. They wanted to keep the number of at-larges the same, so they added an extra spot for the new conference champ.

You learn something new every day. Thanks.
  • Reply 20 of 78
    bump

1 more day to register before the Madness begins

GO BEARCATS!!!!!!!!!!