St. Patrick's Day!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So what's everyone doing? What about you Boston kids? Anyone going to BE in Boston for St Patty's? You guys should join me at the Black Rose

So what is everyone else doing? Just curious...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Dyeing my hair green, mocking the Irish, and getting hammered.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    Same thing I always do, Pinky.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

t the Black Rose

do they card?
  • Reply 4 of 36
    They're near Fanueil Hall, so I'm guessing yes. Have you found a place in Boston that doesn't card?
  • Reply 5 of 36
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'll put on a green sweatshirt, grab a beer or two and watch a hockey game.

Yahoo.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    If works not too crazy I might bail and march in the parade here in New York. Of course I'll prolly go out for a drink and some shepherd's pie or something too.
  • Reply 7 of 36
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I'm saving my green shirt for work.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Well, if anyone is IN BOSTON for St Patrick's Day, drop me a PM. We're heading out to the Black Rose initially, may pop off to some other pubs. It'll be fun. Unfortunately, I won't be wearing my family kilt this year.... 8)
  • Reply 9 of 36
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    that's kind of funny, I goto school in Boston, I just happen to be on spring break now, and am in california. I am loving california so much right now I don't ever want to leave. what's St. Patrick's day like in Boston?
  • Reply 10 of 36
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

They're near Fanueil Hall, so I'm guessing yes. Have you found a place in Boston that doesn't card?

Pour house in back bay didn't card my friend, they didn't want any booze, just some grub, asked the guy at the door "is this 21+" the guy said "just show me any ID and I'll let you in.

But that's probably an exception to the general rule.

eitherway, you'd think being such a college town there'd be more places for college kids to go, but it's really pretty void, at least down in the berklee area.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Pour house in back bay didn't card my friend, they didn't want any booze, just some grub, asked the guy at the door "is this 21+" the guy said "just show me any ID and I'll let you in.

But that's probably an exception to the general rule.

i dont know boston, but i went to a place in queens (thats ny) a while ago and got a deal like that. i was all prepared to get lickered up and rowdy, then the dood at the door is like wanting id. so i say, "here's a twenty." he returns my twenty, but unfortunately noticed my well visible underage id in the damned window in my wallet. so he's like, "so are you 21?" and i was all, "don't worry about it man. i dont even want a drink." so i walk to the back of the bar and smoke some doobage. there are a bunch of places around the city that will let you in underrage, with some kind of id, under the presumption, and perhaps after telling you explicitly, that you can't drink. i find the best way to avoid the whole ordeal is to grow facial hair [if your a dood, that is]. i very rarely get carded now. but on st. pattys theres probably a little more security than usual, trying to sieve out the youngings [and th' english] and such.

i'm not quite sure what i'm doing this st. patty's. theres a 105% certainty that it'll involve a toxic amount of guinness and perhaps some whiskey, hopefully going down my esophagus. and i'll try to grab a green shirt out of the laundry.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Yeah, I go to the Pour House a lot, or I did when I lived in the Fenway. Now I live near Davis Square so I frequent the Burren there. Pour House is usually a pretty good time though.

Even when I had facial hair though, I got carded. Usually the people at the door are more concerned with over crowding, because if the Fire marshall decides to drop by, it is a hefty fine and a court date, and the guys at the door have to pay that usually.

Only time I don't get carded anymore is when I know the guy at the door, or I'm with someone that knows the guy at the door. The Black Rose is going to be pretty packed tomorrow though. I'm planning on getting there somewhat early. Dunno when exactly, still trying to hear back from everyone else that is coming.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    feel free to provide photoshopped silliness to accompany this caption:

Aiieeeeeee!!!!

They're after me Lucky Charms....and this time they mean business!
  • Reply 14 of 36
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    did u know st. patrick was scottish? so the irish worship a scotsman!!! he was born in scotland and died in scotland. just a bit of trivia for ya!
  • Reply 15 of 36
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
  • Reply 16 of 36
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I started over two weeks ago! I'll be boiling it in a bottle of Guiness, and a cup of malt vinegar. Yum.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cam'ron

did u know st. patrick was scottish? so the irish worship a scotsman!!! he was born in scotland and died in scotland. just a bit of trivia for ya!

Better a Scotsman than a Briton, and we celebrate him because he brought Christianity to Ireland And drove off all of the snakes, which was pretty easy seeing as Ireland never had any...
  • Reply 18 of 36
    i'll get out my accordion and sing a few songs about killin' some british.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    What is it with you lot? Why is it OK to be bigotted against the British and especially the English? There are a lot of you on this board who can't miss an opportunity to make some crack against them, however tenuous. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    it was a joke, i really wouldn't know it's saint patrick's day except that i live in chicago and it's a big deal here.

it's just that i know a bunch of irish songs and they either involve gettin' killed by the british, or killin' british. i didn't invent the folklore, but i'm sorry if my joke offended you.