Kerry a liar?

Comments

• Reply 61 of 162
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

**sticks head in door**

Don't get into a pissing match with one another. Disagree on points, but don't make it personal.

**pulls out**

????????

This is one of the most benign theads I've seen in AO in months!

Aries 1B
  • Reply 62 of 162
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Twentieth century medicine made its most significant advances after it was realized that the poor, those who couldn't afford medical care, were the most likely to need the care. It was further realized that the afflictions of the poor became the afflictions of all and that by preventing the illnesses in the poor population, you could stave off massive epidemics that would otherwise affect all classes.

Our nation is only as strong as its weakest link.
  • Reply 63 of 162
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    And our weakest link is stronger than most country's strongest.
  • Reply 64 of 162
    It took a lot of good programs to get to that point. You wouldn't want to live like our weakest link though... And there is very much room for improvement...

BTW, a class system doesn't create incentive....
  • Reply 65 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

It took a lot of good programs to get to that point. You wouldn't want to live like our weakest link though... And there is very much room for improvement...

No, it took the realization of some of the small number of people on the bottom to come to grips with what they had to do on their own. Programs can only take you so far.

BTW, a class system certainly does support incentive. For some education (teaching others) is stimulating, and money (to have the highest possible quality of life which is afforded to people through our progression in technology, education, and business relations and be able to contribute to things like churches) for others, all sorts of good things can rouse people to action.
  • Reply 66 of 162
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Once again: WHAT IS YOUR SOUTION?

You cannot have free health care in this nation. It will destroy the finest system in the world. We should focus on major tort reform and insurance regulation to lower premiums. Free healthcare will be a disaster.
  • Reply 67 of 162
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Yes it does. The desire for wealth motivates. This is why financial-need based welfare is a failure. It removes the incentive to work by providing a saftey net. It should be based on mental and physical ability, not financial need.
  • Reply 68 of 162
    I think our health care system sucks right now. I have a lot of friends who get shitty treatment because their insurance company refuses to pay, or in many cases won't pay until its too late for something to be done.

A lot of the diseases in the country are preventable. Free health education is a start in the right direction...

Why can't we set up a system that pays for a physical every year?
  • Reply 69 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Yes it does. The desire for wealth motivates. This is why financial-need based welfare is a failure. It removes the incentive to work by providing a saftey net. It should be based on mental and physical ability, not financial need.

Do you really expect the government to set up the beurocracy needed to asses everyones mental/physical ability?

Aside from that. I work long hours not because I am financially motivated but because I want my current project to get somewhere. Motives exist outside of money. Many motives, most motives, exist outside of money...
  • Reply 70 of 162
    Quote:

I think our health care system sucks right now. I have a lot of friends who get shitty treatment because their insurance company refuses to pay, or in many cases won't pay until its too late for something to be done.

A lot of the diseases in the country are preventable. Free health education is a start in the right direction...

Why can't we set up a system that pays for a physical every year?

Yes, our health care system has its faults. There needs to be some improvements and refinements to how it all happens.

Why are we on this issue again, yes, because we trounced your logic on the others. I'm not saying this to be mean, just to reiterate.

Our health system is considered the best in the world. It needs some help, but it is the best. Just because we are the wealthiest nation does that also mean that every american should be given a free car because transit is a necessity?
  • Reply 71 of 162
    Quote:

Do you really expect the government to set up the beurocracy needed to asses everyones mental/physical ability?

Aside from that. I work long hours not because I am financially motivated but because I want my current project to get somewhere. Motives exist outside of money. Many motives, most motives, exist outside of money...

Motives may not exist for money but they cannot exist in the first place without money. True, a male can go through life never having to reproduce, but what if everyone did that? Again, a very cynical outlook.
  • Reply 72 of 162
    there exist public transit no?

anyway. my logic wasn't trounced on anything. i like discussing health care reform. i steered the conversation that way.
  • Reply 73 of 162
    Quote:

there exist public transit no?

anyway. my logic wasn't trounced on anything. i like discussing health care reform. i steered the conversation that way.

You certainly did steer it, or veer it.
  • Reply 74 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

True. but they cannot exist in the first place without money. Again, a very cynical outlook.

Again, a very republican outlook.

The funny thing is I can live for two years on what I have in the bank, but I don't give a rats ass. My research's success drives me, learning about new things drives me. I don't go into lab figuring out how much I earn an hour (at this point it is less than minimum wage)... i go into lab figuring out what I am going to do next to get my molecule made...
  • Reply 75 of 162
    You do not see my point. Motivation certainly does spring up from sources besides money. Without money though, the motivation would never exist in the first place. In order to live, be educated, and pursue a motivation, we must have money.
  • Reply 76 of 162
    no. no we don't.

bartering. my father sometimes will barter his medical care.

Edit: further in a bartering system, there is no need for a class architecture. perhaps batering is less efficient than money, but the idea is there. money is not an absolute...
  • Reply 77 of 162
    Quote:

no. no we don't.

bartering. my father sometimes will barter his medical care.

Edit: further in a bartering system, there is no need for a class architecture. perhaps batering is less efficient than money, but the idea is there. money is not an absolute...

Beck, Lost Cause

Your sorry eyes, they cut through bone.

They make it hard to leave you alone.

Leave you here wearing your wounds

Waving your guns at somebody new.

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost cause.

There's too many people you used to know

They see you coming they see you go.

They know your secrets and you know theirs

This town is crazy, but nobody cares.

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost cause.

I'm tired of fighting

I'm tired of fighting

Fighting for a lost cause

There's a place where you are going

You ain't never been before

No one laughing at your back now

No one's standing at your door

That('s) what you thought love was for?

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost

Baby you're a lost cause

I'm tired of fighting

I'm tired of fighting

Fighting for a lost cause.
  • Reply 78 of 162
    123123 Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

True, a male can go through life never having to reproduce, but what if everyone did that?

Yes, what?
  • Reply 79 of 162
    Quote:

Originally posted by 123

Yes, what?

Cute.
  • Reply 80 of 162
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

**pulls out**