Does hair restoration work?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 53
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    The interesting thing is, as I lost a lot of weight, my hair became thinner and thinner. I wonder if there is a correlation between weight loss (diet) and hair loss?
  • Reply 22 of 53
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Whoops. Maybe I spoke too soon.

You see, that guy from the AMW site is very good looking. Downright sexy if I may say so.

You just need to keep things as they are. A die job wouldn't fit with your 'look'. Maybe think about shaving the whole damn thing...

• Reply 23 of 53
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    If I were messiahtosh I'd just take a little off the top starting at around say neckline.
  • Reply 24 of 53
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Happily. I'll have a shave tomorrow and post you a picture of my skull.

(Note to self: stop posting in forums on the internet.)

we'll miss you hassan...
  • Reply 25 of 53
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Chrome is cool, short is cool...anything but a Kucinich comb-over/rug/whatever-that-thing-is or a Gallagher atrocity.

See? Not so bad.

Just kidding about the shine
  • Reply 26 of 53
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    That photochop might cause old people to become virile again... in addition to making Steve Guttenberg jump off a boat.
  • Reply 27 of 53
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    LMFAO!!!!!!! Billy Corgan meets Dan Akroid!
  • Reply 29 of 53
    rick1138rick1138 Posts: 938member
    As Hassan said, embrace your baldness, bald is beautiful. I have twice as many chicks as a bald man as I did when I had hair. It is a fact that bald men have on average higher levels of testosterone.
  • Reply 30 of 53
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    I don't know about chicks digging baldies more than guys with hair, but you should learn to be happy with what you have in general.
  • Reply 31 of 53
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    um...

drinking's bad, mmmm kay?
  • Reply 32 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

that stuff worked like a charm for me.

Ah yes one of life's great mysteries. Where was god's Jon Ive the day that bit was designed?
  • Reply 33 of 53
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Propecia is a good stuff. It prevent the hair loss in 80-90% of the case. Air growth only occur in 20-30 % of the case, and rarely 6 months before the begining of the cure. Propecia is worthless when people are bald, it's a good cure for people who begin to loss their hairs.

Hair transplants, are based on the principle that the hair of the crown are naturally resistant to male baldness : these hair have less male steroid receptors than others aeara. Even transplanted they will resist. Hair transplants in practice only work for relatively small aeras. a natural transplants results recquires several operatives procedures practiced under local anesthesia.

there is also others surgical procedure, including skin expansion, or flaps.
  • Reply 34 of 53
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I was thinking about that...just shaving it off and forgetting about the hassle altogether. Styling, washing, and maintaning hair is a long and boring, tiresome process...espcially as it is getting harder to do. I would just shave it close, if it were not for my mom, would would flip.

Get buff and shave the head. . . hey, It worked for Vin Diesel, and he's a big dork just like us!

Edit: a bigger dork. Unlike Vin, I have the saving grace that I do NOT play dungeons and dragons.

Quote:

Originally posted by BR

If I were messiahtosh I'd just take a little off the top starting at around say neckline.

- taking a breath -

• Reply 35 of 53
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Quote:

that stuff worked like a charm for me.

What IS IT with you mods?

Barto
  • Reply 36 of 53
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    Moby don't need no stinkin gym.
  • Reply 37 of 53
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    sorry, murbot and i were drinking. we both thought it would be funny. in the light of day, maybe not so much.
  • Reply 38 of 53
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

sorry, murbot and i were drinking. we both thought it would be funny. in the light of day, maybe not so much.

Upskirt =

Upkilt =

Well that's my vote anyway
  • Reply 39 of 53
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Moby don't need no stinkin gym.

Moby just looks like a complete idiot.
  • Reply 40 of 53
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Moby just looks like a complete idiot.

I don't understand what has to do moby with Alcimedes link : is it moby dick ?