Does hair restoration work?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 53
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

The interesting thing is, as I lost a lot of weight, my hair became thinner and thinner. I wonder if there is a correlation between weight loss (diet) and hair loss?

Try this:

~ take a daily vitamin packet with your most complete meal (the meal needs to have some unsaturated fats in it for absorption of vits. A, D, E, which are fat-soluble - like canola margarine or canola oil)

~ also take a 'Citracal with vit. D' tablet (calcium)

Do this for three months without fail, and see if your hair is thicker and/or quits falling out.

Let us know if it works.

Carol
  • Reply 42 of 53
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Thanks Carol, my mom reccomended the same thing actually, so i got some vitamins from GNC. I started today, I'll let you know how it goes after a couple months.

Lock thread! (in 3 months when I start a thread relating to hair, I better have some!)
  • Reply 43 of 53
    Bullshit. Unless this vitamin cocktail somehow makes your hair follicles less receptive to testosterone your hair will continue to fall out.

Just shave your head.
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Bullshit. Unless this vitamin cocktail somehow makes your hair follicles less receptive to testosterone your hair will continue to fall out.

Just shave your head.

If he wants to keep his hair, the solution seems obvious.

Start taking estrogen.

Messiahtosh, please come back in a few months and tell us how you like your breasts.
  • Reply 45 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Start taking estrogen.

Messiahtosh, please come back in a few months and tell us how you like your breasts.

This is very funny.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I was thinking about that...just shaving it off and forgetting about the hassle altogether. Styling, washing, and maintaning hair is a long and boring, tiresome process...espcially as it is getting harder to do. I would just shave it close, if it were not for my mom, would would flip.

Abesolutely great idea . . . someone with either a bald head or very very very short hair (or what remains of it) are perenially stylish . . . when wearing the proper thoughtful clothing, good shoes and iPod and Mac accessories!!

Besides, women KNOW that baldingness is a sign of virility . . . it only gets to them when men try to hide it and/or also 'let themselves go' as far as weight and style are concerned

Nothing is worse than seeing a man try and fail to hide his baldingness

NOTHING is worse when considering issues of appearance for a man: the comb-over or the bad hair-work . . .ugh!!

. . . . except, maybe, wearing hash-marked jockies on your head in public!!
  • Reply 47 of 53
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Just shave your head.

Since his hair loss coincided with his weight loss, I think it's worth trying the improved-nutrition angle.

What could it hurt? Doesn't cost much, and it *might* actually work. O' ye of little faith.
  • Reply 48 of 53
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Since his hair loss coincided with his weight loss, I think it's worth trying the improved-nutrition angle.

What could it hurt? Doesn't cost much, and it *might* actually work. O' ye of little faith.

it will not hurt him to take vitamins. However the only proved therapy is Minoxidine and Propecia (who have the better results). Propecia neutralise a sub vareity of testosterone, bad for the hairs.
  • Reply 49 of 53
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Start taking estrogen.

It could work for the breasts , but it won't work for the hair, taking oestrogen will not reduce the testosterone level.
  • Reply 50 of 53

Wow !  It's really a amazing topic regarding the Personality, The hair is relates to personality of the person. If the problem of hair fall is arises at a very big level so it's really a big matter for the concern. Today hair treatment is the option for the re-grow of the fallen hair problem, so it seems to be big chance to Re-gain the hair back on our bald head.

Hair transplant in India| Punjab| Ludhiana   ||  FUE Hair Transplant

• Reply 51 of 53
    heiressheiress Posts: 1member

If you are looking for the most natural looking hair transplant, you should see Dr. Cole. http://www.forhair.com/hair-transplant-atlanta/

• Reply 52 of 53

More fat and less resistant

"The man's scalp is oilier than women, especially in times like puberty, when, by increasing sex hormones, the sebaceous glands produce more fat," says Dr. Lopez Bran. Another disadvantage is the "lack of elasticity and strength that has," says Alba Pujolàs, R Center Center Aveda Concept Hair Lounge (Madrid). But then there are the individual quirks: not all male hair is a mess. "What mark the difference of each is genetic and hormonal predisposition of each individual," said Raquel Gonzalez, ReGenesis signature. Do you have something good? "The thickness of the hair of man is one of its main strengths," says Felix Fernandez Barroso, Hair stylist Krone (Madrid).

Hair Transplant in Delhi