How is AI perceived by the rest of the mac community?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Crazy is our middle name.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Like forum to forum, what do the denizens of macnn.com or spymac.com generally think of us? . . .

Denizen was Word of the Day on July 4, 2000.

(Source: Dictionary.com Word of the Day)
  • Reply 43 of 46
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well I know for a fact that most of us AI users are arrogant as hell. I've been a lurker since 98, and a poster since 99 to AI so I view the AI Forums as "The Granddaddy of 'em all." Of course we did have a (to carry the analogy forward) stroke back in the days of the "Great AI Blackout."

This brings up an odd question: What Mac Rumor site is the oldest? I know that AI was a "leech" site on MacNN (What was it called before AI?), and that MOSR is the oldest that I can remember but other than that...
  • Reply 44 of 46
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by snoopy

Denizen was Word of the Day on July 4, 2000.

(Source: Dictionary.com Word of the Day)

I'll keep that in mind, I didn't start using word of the days till 2001 though, and even then I favored www.m-w.com

have you noticed how they are placing more and more words in the "subscribers only, unabridged" version? it seems like nearly every time I look up a word I'm getting "the word you are looking for is available to subscribers only"

that's pretty heinous, both M-W and dictionary.com are doing this.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

This brings up an odd question: What Mac Rumor site is the oldest? I know that AI was a "leech" site on MacNN (What was it called before AI?), and that MOSR is the oldest that I can remember but other than that...

AI was originally called "Reality". The oldest Mac Rumor monger was Mac The Knife. His rumors were published in MacWeek. Cmon, someone else must have been a subscriber? When rumors hit the web I was reading Apple Sauce every day. I am old enough to remember when MOSR was accurate.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    <Smacks forehead>

I can't believe I forgot about Mac The Knife!

I was about to say how "young" ATAT was, but then I realized in 5 months Jack will have been broadcasting for seven years!!! Holy crap I feel old.