www.apple.com changed from Filemaker to Power Macs...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
While this may not seem so significant, I cant help but think it has something to do with pscates's grumblings on these forums about the Filemaker look. Realistically, I think Apple is just trying to set us back to those first months when the G5 was released and had everybody in a frenzy, to show us that this will happen again. More power to the people is about to happen, I do believe.

www.apple.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    You know what this could mean?

they are basically hyping up the g5 again because they are about to blow it out of the water with a big update.

nah, probably not, probably just slow sales.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    'scates will have a heart attack when he sees this. (I hope not though )
  • Reply 3 of 36
    piotpiot Posts: 1,346member
    FIVE seconds for each quote!

Anyone else think that's a bit fast?

www.apple.com
  • Reply 4 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by piot

FIVE seconds for each quote!

Anyone else think that's a bit fast?

www.apple.com

well, the g5 *is* a fast computer
  • Reply 5 of 36
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

You know what this could mean?

they are basically hyping up the g5 again because they are about to blow it out of the water with a big update.

nah, probably not, probably just slow sales.

Hey, this is a rumor site, remember? Wild speculation and frenzied anticipation is what we're here for. Got it?
  • Reply 6 of 36
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    I think it means no upgrades for some time....

usually you don't promote something you're just going to replace in few weeks.

(please no car analogies)

• Reply 7 of 36
    Is anyone else getting a blank page for www.apple.com now?

edit: it's back...that was weird.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Hey, this is a rumor site, remember? Wild speculation and frenzied anticipation is what we're here for. Got it?

see my other thread, I recently realized how long I've been here....and in that respect, bah on wildly speculating.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by piwozniak

I think it means no upgrades for some time....

usually you don't promote something you're just going to replace in few weeks.

(please no car analogies)

this is true, but steve jobs *loves* hyping things like this. he'll come on stage and spend 30 minutes talking about the iPod and how amazing it is, then release the 40GB "and now it's even more amazing"

ya know? that's his style, so in that respect, by piquing people's interest in the g5 again, reminding them how badass it really is, getting them stoked for it again, it's a good set-up for "and now it's just been totally blown away"
  • Reply 10 of 36
    It does not necessarily mean anything, as most will suggest. I doubt it means that there will be no updates for a long time, I lean more towards the side: *If* it means anything, judging from Apple's historical main page antics, it means they are hinting at what is to come by showing what is/was. It revitalizes the idea of the G5 being super fast and spotlights it on the front page. I think there is more to it than it just being a change from Filemaker. They shoud call this mature specification.
  • Reply 11 of 36
    either that or apple is just testing a new format for the front page(cycling reviews) \
  • Reply 12 of 36
    They should just say, in big black letters on the front page: "You think this shit was good? Just a couple more days people, then its HAMMER TIME. We'll be re-introducing the world's fastest personal computer as, the Balmer Mac"
  • Reply 13 of 36
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The "cycling preview" is just an animated .gif.
  • Reply 14 of 36
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    I wonder if there's some sort of a problem though, we all have expected powermacs to be updated by now, yet nothing happened, Xserves being delayed, and all that...
  • Reply 15 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

The "cycling preview" is just an animated .gif.

yeah but they haven't done that before...that I can remember, so it's a new format for their front page.
  • Reply 16 of 36
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Hyping old product prior to intro of new (without any discount or close out ?) I dont' know.
  • Reply 17 of 36
    If AppleInsider could be powered by conspiracy theories, we would simply lock Messiahtosh in the closet with a computer hooked up to the internet.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

If AppleInsider could be powered by conspiracy theories, we would simply lock Messiahtosh in the closet with a computer hooked up to the internet.

hehehe
  • Reply 19 of 36
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Would the ads go away in that case?
  • Reply 20 of 36
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Hello, my name is Tina.