New Macs Going To Be Realesed On...........

Comments

• Reply 41 of 105
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PLAN-B

[B]I Have The Run Down Of The New Macs And When There Going To Be Released

Firstly The New PowerBooks

The 12 Inch Will Keep The G4 but Be Released At A Huge 1.5

That's in 1.5 INCHES, right?

If you believe this Post, I have a discreet pharmacy, just waiting to offer you V;cod;n and v;ag_ra delivered right to your door.
  • Reply 42 of 105
    Quote:

Originally posted by PLAN-B

oooops i forgot to mention when

my appologies

wwdc 2004

i cannot wait

So in other words Apple will have no new computers for yet another 3 months? Another whole quarter of stagnant sales?

And they do this because......?
  • Reply 43 of 105
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tak1108

That's in 1.5 INCHES, right?

If you believe this Post, I have a discreet pharmacy, just waiting to offer you V;cod;n and v;ag_ra delivered right to your door.

Ahh, so you are Marcelene who emailed me about P-ump_ V1c0din c-^al-as the other day.
  • Reply 44 of 105
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Plan-B you sound like Dr. Holistic. Saying that I know that there coming out but, I can't tell you how I know or I will get in trouble. Plus once they update their computer line they will do it all together. No crap about 12 inch pbook stays the same with a small bump. And the 15 and 17 inch pbooks have the G5. So, prepare to eat G5 processors. The only thing I agree with you is that the imac is totally redesgined.
  • Reply 45 of 105
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    In before lock! (ok, that was tactless).

The problem with all of the proposed model changes is that we learn nothing new (telling us that Mr. Plan B is proably just rehashing other rumors). Worse still, I can't see Apple splitting two lineups (iMac, PB) with different processors. How idiotic is that? I think we can all agree that when the PB lineup goes G5, that it will all go G5 (and the iBook will remain G4). Likewise, when the iMac goes G5, all iMac models will go G5 and the eMac will stay a G4. Splitting the lineup is just a pain to market and to sell and to explain to customers.
  • Reply 46 of 105
    slackulaslackula Posts: 262member
    A wise man once said: "Do not trust rumor from source with mis-spelling in thread title."

• Reply 47 of 105
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Im begining to wonder if Plan-B is Dr. Holistic. They both put out the same crap about updates. And how both know that when those computers come out. But they can't tell us how they know. Both put up bets. Dr holistic $5 and Plan-B is going to eat 2 G5 processors with tomato sauce. You are not allowed to have 2 accounts so can we have an administer come out and inspect this person. thanks
  • Reply 48 of 105
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    Quote:

A wise man once said: "Do not trust rumor from source with mis-spelling in thread title."

Dyslexics of the World Untie!
  • Reply 49 of 105
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Um.... "Free G5" - Apple employees don't get free G5s, buster... They get 25% or so off retail, from what I have heard...

• Reply 50 of 105
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Did you see the Junkyard Dawg pics? Disgusting, but I admire his flexibility.

• Reply 51 of 105
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Yevgeny

... I think we can all agree that when the PB lineup goes G5, that it will all go G5 (and the iBook will remain G4). Likewise, when the iMac goes G5, all iMac models will go G5 and the eMac will stay a G4. Splitting the lineup is just a pain to market and to sell and to explain to customers.

Very true. But I wonder about that $999 "sweet spot". The only way to get there with an LCD iMac may be to lower the price of the current-model 15" combo-drive iMac. The 1.6GHz G5 17" and 2.0GHz G5 20" can be up-sells from there. The eMac can go quietly into that long night.

As for the 1.5GHz 7457A, we might see it in notebooks. And as for the 23" (or 24") iMac?
  • Reply 52 of 105
    I'll say it again, it's threads like this that make AI a laughingstock.

This shit would get locked so fast anywhere else...
  • Reply 53 of 105
    eupfhoriaeupfhoria Posts: 257member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Um.... "Free G5" - Apple employees don't get free G5s, buster... They get 25% or so off retail, from what I have heard...

Apple Employess get one 50% discount, two 25%, and three 15% discounts per year along with the general qpromos (basically discounts on configurations that aren't selling well, like the 12" superdrives).
  • Reply 54 of 105
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

I'll say it again, it's threads like this that make AI a laughingstock.

This shit would get locked so fast anywhere else...

Generally, I prefer to let threads die on their own. It sends a much more powerful message when it works.

But if the membership likes a thread, and keeps it on the first page with constant contributions, who am I to lock it?
  • Reply 55 of 105
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eupfhoria

Apple Employess get one 50% discount, two 25%, and three 15% discounts per year along with the general qpromos (basically discounts on configurations that aren't selling well, like the 12" superdrives).

if they actually gave a 50% off discount, i'd actually think about getting a job with them, but ummmmm... no! there is no 50% off man!
  • Reply 56 of 105
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    I have a few friends who work there and I could get the same deal on the net as they could get for me using their discounts. So 50%, 40%, 30%, 20%...nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Woe there, geting way off topic!!
  • Reply 57 of 105
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Quote:

24" iMac? And ex-employees shouldn't worry about retribution. What? Is Steve going to send a guy out with a razor blade to scrape the Apple sticker off your bumper?

Actually it sounds like Steve had the guy with the razor blade perform a quick-n-easy lobotomy.
  • Reply 58 of 105
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Actually it sounds like Steve had the guy with the razor blade perform a quick-n-easy lobotomy.

Well Steve tried, but the razor guy accidentally cut his thumb off during a laughing fit brought on by reading the first post and realizing how half arsed the thought behind it was. It does suspiciously sound like Nr9 though, rickag had that right.
  • Reply 59 of 105
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Riddle me this.

For about $1,299 (wholesale) one can buy a 12" PowerBook G4 with 256MB RAM.

This little ditty takes up 1.2" X 10.9" X 8.6", or just about 112.5 cubic inches. Or, a cube that is approximately 5" on a side (5" X 5" X 4.5", actually).

This little lovely can be operated when closed. Simply attach mouse, keyboard (or usb hub with mouse and keyboard) and a monitor to the mini-DVI, and the littlest powerbook behaves EXACTLY like a desktop. It can be booted from an Apple ADC monitor, even, so that it NEVER has to be opened unless you just want to.

Easily a quarter of the PowerBook's price is the LCD. The Battery probably costs Apple about $40. Those hinges are expensive.

So, for about $940, Apple can produce a 5" G4 cube's worth of material packaged in a flat and wide case, using high-dollar components (small HDs, SO-DIMMs, other miniaturizations).

Why not create a 5-6" cube with a G5 in it? Yes, you'd need fans, but hey, that's OK. With the air tunnel design they used on the last cube, the fan would not have to be a blower. Larger components will lower costs. Perhaps this headless wonder would sell for about $1,199 with DVD-R, $999 with CD-R.

The cube returns as a headless consumer G5. WHich I'm sure others have said already, but this is my epiphany, darnit.

Sorry so long.
  • Reply 60 of 105
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

"ex" employee because they couldn't understand his spelling and grammar in the Apple mail room.

Cut it out already. This is a rumor site - if you don't like speculation and rumors, don't read it.

Picking on someone to undermine his cred like you do is really low.