Anybody using 10.3 in a production environment?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    podmatepodmate Posts: 183member
    I've been using 10.3 since it came out and 10.2 (since it came out) on a Quicksilver DP 1ghz at work and on a TiBook 500.

I have used 10.1-10.3 on a B&W in a production envrionment.

Never had a problem
  • Reply 22 of 27
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Anybody using 10.3 in a production environment?

Is there any other kind?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Who are you? Colonel Jessup?
  • Reply 24 of 27
    nanonano Posts: 179member
    when i first upgade installed panther from 10.1.5 i got 3 to 5 kernal panics a day. Then in desperatio i ran cocktail http://www.macosxcocktail.com/ and since then everything is awesome. i dunno if it will help anyone but it did for me.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    The clean install of Jaguar is going well. I haven't had a single KP, or an app unexpectedly quit on me. I'm using the same apps and fonts as before, with the exception of the 10.3 only stuff, like FontBook and the Address book.

The clean install of Jaguar also seems to have fixed the PDF problem, but to be fair, I thought that Panther was producing PDFs fine (when it wasn't). I guess time will tell in that respect.

I can even print some InDesing files on the laser printer! Which is actually quite a big deal!

For some reason, this is one G5 that just doesn't like Panther?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I am using 10.3.3 with the CS apps and it seems to work fine for the most part. The only problems I have is with backwards compatibility with previous versions of Illustrator. Ill. CS does seem to be more crash prone than Ill. 10 though.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    naderbynaderby Posts: 131member
    DualG5 1.8, 1GB, 10.3, InDesign 2, SuitcaseX1. Print production environment.

Everything running cool here but we had major problems with a old PPD file for our older Imagesetter. Now we have got hold of a better PPD things are looking up on the print front.

Don't like printing to laser printers with OSX yet, it isn't on par with OS9.