Ideas for a Date-Let me hear ya.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was thinking of going to a movie, then getting dinner, then going to this place we have called Skytop Mountain to just watch the stars for a while. Of course we would never smoke or anything while doing that.

Give me some ideas, please!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 43
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Dinner, then movie or stars...

Movie first is bizzarre...
  • Reply 2 of 43
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Girls like cucumbers.
  • Reply 3 of 43
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    make sure it's a funny movie. i tried dinner and Return of the King--oops.
  • Reply 4 of 43
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Return of the King? The date that never ends

What city are you in Messiahtosh? How much do you typically spend on dates?
  • Reply 5 of 43
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    can alcohol be involved? you can have a threesome you know you, her and jack.
  • Reply 6 of 43
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Show her you *cough* movie collection.
  • Reply 7 of 43
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

I was thinking of going to a movie, then getting dinner, then going to this place we have called Skytop Mountain to just watch the stars for a while. Of course we would never smoke or anything while doing that.

Give me some ideas, please!

Impress her by demonstrating your immense honor through performing japanese ritual suicide.
  • Reply 8 of 43
    Humm... dinner and a movie... no.

Is this a first date?

If so, do something that helps you get to know her.

Like take her to a Cafe and then out dancing. Oh, let me guess, you can't dance. That's cool but one day you will need to learn. Then sub dancing with a comedy club. After take her on a long walk...
  • Reply 9 of 43
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    stars are good...

being able to point out all five visible "naked eye" (wink wink, nudge nudge) Planets, priceless.

a gentleman would be sure to take a thermos of hot chocolate

and blankets (to sit on and as chill develops)
  • Reply 10 of 43
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Dinner is fine for a first date...

Long walks are good...

sleeping together isnt....

hmm...
  • Reply 11 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Impress her by demonstrating your immense honor through performing japanese ritual suicide.

Tell her you're training hard for a darwin award in her honour.
  • Reply 12 of 43
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

stars are good...

being able to point out all five visible "naked eye" (wink wink, nudge nudge) Planets, priceless.

*cool picture*

a gentleman would be sure to take a thermos of hot chocolate

and blankets (to sit on and as chill develops)

You can really see that stuff?
  • Reply 13 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by HOM

You can really see that stuff?

clear skies and limited light pollution permitting, sure

mercury is toughest to pick out of the sunset, since its orbit is close/low,

but the last time all five were in line a few years back I could clearly peg each one unaided

planets are easy to distinguish from stars. planets don't flicker. stars do.

planets are reflecting (and absorbing) light. stars emit multiple wavelengths of radiation.

check out http://heavens-above.com and you'll find data to spot ISS, Iridium flares and more.

big city dwellers or those whose skies are polluted by light may have a tougher time, but there's tons of stuff you can pick out with decent conditions and eyesight if its dark and the seeing is good (no haze).

my 15x70 binoculars show the four Galilean Moons of Jupiter as orbiting dots

and Saturn has an observable bulge due to its disc through the Oberwerks,

but to clearly see the Red Spot or details of moons or rings a quality telescope with 6" aperture and good glass is required.

there are also a couple of newly discovered comets inbound, but not bright enough yet without help
  • Reply 14 of 43
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Only go to a place you can enjoy the evening's 'activity' while still being able to make small talk. So, a movie is OK in a movie house with alcohol & tables. Maybe a dinner/theater place. Or, just a restaurant with 'entertainment' not far away, like Mexican and a mariachi player.
  • Reply 15 of 43
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I agree: NO MOVIE. There's no better way to make things awkward on a first date than to sit next to this semi-stranger in silence for 2 hours.

After dinner, go out to a coffee house and talk more, or do something fun like mini golfing, bowling, or any number of other things that are available. Keep the lines of communication open so you can both get to know each other and your personalities.

Good luck!
  • Reply 16 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I agree: NO MOVIE. There's no better way to make things awkward on a first date than to sit next to this semi-stranger in silence for 2 hours.

After dinner, go out to a coffee house and talk more, or do something fun like mini golfing, bowling, or any number of other things that are available. Keep the lines of communication open so you can both get to know each other and your personalities.

Good luck!

I second that!... just like I said, do something that lets you learn more about her. A cafe is a great place to pick each other's brains.
  • Reply 17 of 43
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    Any clue as to what kind of food she likes? Dude one thing that works I think is rollerskating, seriously try that, because then you have to skate around with her, and you can actually talk. Its even better if she doesn't skate real well, and if she does... act like you don't so you can fall all over her. Then you can aptly say, "I've fallen head over heels for you." or somethen else corny.
  • Reply 18 of 43
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    I know she hates red meat.
  • Reply 19 of 43
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Order pork chops.
  • Reply 20 of 43
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    does she like salty things?

oh wait.... first date....