Wonderfalls on Fox

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    FYI: Jewel Staite (Kaylee) will be in a bunch of Wonderfalls episodes. Probably different name though. Still, I will be looking for other references now. It just seems like something Tim would sneak in. 8)
  • Reply 42 of 65
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

FYI: Jewel Staite (Kaylee) will be in a bunch of Wonderfalls episodes. Probably different name though. Still, I will be looking for other references now. It just seems like something Tim would sneak in. 8)

Hot bloody darn. My wife will be thrilled.
  • Reply 43 of 65
    Aha! I found it. Remember the episode with the Nun? There was another line in that episode: "not all hookers have a heart of gold." Yea, it can also be a common saying, but wasn't there also a Firefly episode "Heart of Gold"?

Coincidence? Someone can dream, can't they.
  • Reply 44 of 65
    *laugh* Yeah, I'd call that a real stretch.
  • Reply 45 of 65
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

How many TV shows do you know that use the term shindig?

Well, there's um....Shindig!
  • Reply 46 of 65
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

That's just going to hurt my heart that Firefly is gone. Kaylee was one of the most appealing characters I've ever craved like a junkie craves his smack.
  • Reply 47 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

That's just going to hurt my heart that Firefly is gone. Kaylee was one of the most appealing characters I've ever craved like a junkie craves his smack.

I don't think you are alone on that one.

Quote:

Well, there's um....Shindig!

Um, that shut me up.8)
  • Reply 48 of 65
    Quote:

Right there with ya, man.
  • Reply 49 of 65
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Oooops Sorry Fans.
  • Reply 50 of 65
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Oooops Sorry Fans.

yeah i saw this. fox pisses me off. bastards

it's bs here in america that they cancel show after only a couple weeks. theres hould be alow against it
  • Reply 51 of 65
    randycat99randycat99 Posts: 1,919member
    Damn, that was a ridiculously fast canning! Those barbaric bastards! I want da hot chick and talking CG objects show back, damnit! What is it- how many network execs does a female lead have to bang to keep a show on these days???! I mean come-on!
  • Reply 52 of 65
    Oh, I get it. A late april fools joke right? RIGHT!

Ahh SON-OF-A-^&%#$%^!!! Darn you FOX! You suck!

I even tried to get my mom hooked on it last week JUST LIKE I DID WITH FIREFLY! Goodness, come on and give a show a chance.

counts to 10

I'm having a drink... To the memory of Wonderfalls.
  • Reply 53 of 65
    STORM THE HALLS OF THE FCC!!! (Yeah, so what, do it anyway to make a point ) Flip over the parked cars!!! THIS TIME SUSAN SARANDON HAS GONE TOO FAR!!! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE...
  • Reply 54 of 65
    well, there's at least one new episode on. May as well air the ones you've got, right? It's the one that featured a lot in the original promo ad spots, with the talking cow creamer: "have a pancake, dear." I'll watch it this week for sure since it'll apparently be the last time I get to. (No sense in syndicating a show that only has 4 episodes, right?)
  • Reply 55 of 65
    Sorry SledgeHammer, you missed out. The cancellation is immediate. There will be no more episodes. Not even the cow creamer one.

Direct from the horses mouth.

Sounds like they have a full 13 episodes but they are unsure if they should put it on DVD. I would buy it.

SledgeHammer, if you want I could encode last weeks episode to a MPEG4 and post it. It would take a few weeks because my classes just started and they are tough this quarter. Let me know.
  • Reply 56 of 65
    That blows. I checked TVGuide.com (well, I used Watson, but same thing) before I posted...it's still on the schedule for Thursday, so I figured... Oh well. I should be doing school work anyway.
  • Reply 57 of 65
    I bet it was that Tru Calling bitch next door that "pulled strings". Yeah, that's gotta be it! Those neurotic kitty kats- so territorial. I mean, back in the day, you could have the Incredible Hulk and the Dukes of Hazzard share a primetime Fri night w/o a kat-fight. Anybody remember that? Those were the days...

Fox should call that time slot "Axe Fridays" from now on! It's just certain death if your show ever ends up there.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    Seems like Tim Minear (The producer of Wonderfalls) is starting to avoid FOX. Goody! Maybe his next show have a chance to get started.

Quote:

From Tim on that other board.

In terms of "saving" the show? Not really anything you can do. The network is a non-starter here. The stuido, 20th, is possibly a different matter. If they get the sense that people would buy a complete series DVD set, it might happen that the series becomes available in future. But please don't waste your time or money on trying to revive "Wonderfalls" for a pick-up with Fox. Ain't gonna happen.

When we first began this series, I was asked by many why I would put my trust in the network that mishandled "Firefly" so terribly. Well, because it felt different to me. Initially, there was real excitement and belief in "Wonderfalls" at the network. My feeling with "Firefly" was always that since they didn't much like or understand it from the brilliant pilot, that we were kind of doomed. I felt that if a network didn't believe in a show, no matter its potential, that it couldn't launch it or sell it with any measure of success.

And again, "Wonderfalls" felt totally different to me. At first. Then, at some point in the process, I could sense an erosion in enthusiasm. Even as we were finding our footing and delivering to them some really exceptional episodes (ones you never got to see!), things got chilly. Then they couldn't seem to find any place on the schedule for us. Then they did... and it was Friday night. I tell you now, the moment that was announced, I knew it was over. They were dumping us into Friday nights and that was that. When the smashing reviews started coming in... and coming and coming and coming... I think they didn't know what to think or do. You have but one chance to make a good first impression. But they'd given up on the show before it ever aired, and even when the lion's share of critics were hailing the show, it was too late for them to backtrack and launch the series with any kind of conviction. My "Firefly" experience was repeating itself. I think it was USA Today that said this may be "the wrong show, in the wrong season, on the wrong night, on the wrong network." Just so. I do think market forces were at work here, too. Not just incompetence.

I don't know if any network could have brought an audience to this show. Certainly no network that dumped it on Friday night, promoted it in such as way as to try and trick people into thinking it was "Dawson's Creek," or that didn't, apparantly, agree with the things the critics were saying about it. I do think any network wants whatever they pay for to be a success. I don't think they MEAN to strangle something in the crib. I know that the next time I shop something to a network, I'm going to hope to find a network that understands and believes in the thing they ordered. And if they thought it looked good on the menu, I'd hope they'd still have a taste for it once it got to the table.

There's a whole 'nother half of this post... but I deleted it.

Twice burned, me.

• Reply 59 of 65
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    If a show doesn't pull an audience, what good is it to the network? The fact is the show started out with low ratings, and the trend was downward. FOX filled its hit TV show quota this season anyway.

Wonderfalls got pulled as fast as girls club (David E. Kelley) ...heh.
  • Reply 60 of 65
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Seems like Tim Minear (The producer of Wonderfalls) is starting to avoid FOX. Goody! Maybe his next show have a chance to get started.

It's not like he has some hugely impressive resumé to shop around. His only successful show (Angel) is one where inherited the role executive producer. If FOX doesn't like his stuff, what makes you think NBC, CBS or ABC would? Second tier networks like WB and UPN might. Perhaps he'll 'avoid' FOX by shopping his ideas to FX...