peanut m+m's

and down another glass

of milk

depression hits me hard
  • Reply 22 of 70
    tikimantikiman Posts: 68member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NEMESIS

There is much buzz surrounding product line updates in the reatil channel on or around 4/6/04. Any predcitions. Just watch you will see.

I Don't know if this is of interest or not, but I thought this might help paint a picture in terms of updates. I checked Ingram Micro this evening and their inventory of Apple products looked like this:

M9020LL/A__ POWERMAC G5-1.6GHZ 256MB RAM 80GB HD SUPERDRIVE 56K:

360 in stock. 119 on order. All estimated to arrive by 4/10.

M9393LL/A__ POWERMAC G5 1.8GHZ 512MB 160GB DUAL PROCESSOR:

335 in stock. 610 on order, they missed two estimated dates of (3/31 and 4/1). One warehouse has an estimate of 4/10.

M9032LL/A__ POWERMAC G5 DP 2GHZ 512MB RAM 160GB HD SUPERDRIVE 56K:

177 in stock. 530 on order. All estimated to arrive by 4/1 (missed)

My personal interpetation is that the PowerMac missed ETAs and new dates focusing on delivery by 4/10 suggest something is coming very soon. My only concern is that Apple seems to announce and then fill the channel. If that's true, they should have already announced something, shouldn't they?
  • Reply 23 of 70
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Apple's second quarter is now over so that excuse for a delay is gone. I wanna see new displays.
  • Reply 24 of 70
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    At least he didn't bet everyone $5 like a certain Dr. Holistic I know!

Where is that jerk with our money?

• Reply 25 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by tikiman

I Don't know if this is of interest or not, but I thought this might help paint a picture in terms of updates. I checked Ingram Micro this evening and their inventory of Apple products looked like this:

What about their inventory of iMacs and PowerBooks?
  • Reply 26 of 70
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Better not ask...
  • Reply 27 of 70
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I'm thinking that new G5s will not be announced until they announce that dual-G5 xServe's are shipping. Maybe the news today is that those dual-G5 xServes are shipping.
  • Reply 28 of 70
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    New Power Macs Tuesday! Which Tuesday,I don't know.

CV
  • Reply 29 of 70
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Don't know about you guys, but my 6th of April is almost up!

Where I live it means nothing anyway. Who outside the US has an iPod mini?
  • Reply 30 of 70
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Damn it... I was really hoping to see a little yellow sticky note this morning. It's been so long since I've seen one, but I think that they're usually up by now. I remember the 20" display coming out in the afternoon but the rest that I remember had the great harbinger of glory known as the sticky note by 7:30.
  • Reply 31 of 70
    bzbz Posts: 40member
    More wood on the fire...

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...ee.fr&lp=fr_en

One must provide us in the nearest night power more information on the reasons of the delay of Powermac G5. To make you have patience, we give you some details:

M9042LL/A

Dual 2.2 Ghz

512MB PC 3200 GDR

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

160GB Serial ATA

3 64Bit NCV slots, 1 133Mhz, 2@ 100Mhz

M9490LL/A

Dual 2.4 Ghz

1GB PC 3200 GDR

Superdrive Pioneer DVR-A07

ATI Radeon 9800XT

250GB Serial ATA

3 compatible 267Mhz PCI-X slots backward with PCI-X 1.0

M9496LL/A

Dual 2.6 Ghz

1GB PC 3200 GDR

Superdrive Pioneer DVR-A07

ATI RAdeon 9800XT

250 GB Serial ATA

3 compatible 267MHz PCI-X slots backward with PCI-X 1.0

BZ
  • Reply 32 of 70
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Where I live it means nothing anyway. Who outside the US has an iPod mini?

I have an iPod Mini (silver)

complete reviews below:

http://www.macitynet.it/immagini/test/ipodminic

Bye

Nico
  • Reply 33 of 70
    kwikfxkwikfx Posts: 15member
    well i gotta say - in today's newspaper our Apple supplier has specials - one is "buy a Powerbook & get a 20gig iPod for $99" iPod retail is $630!! [these are cute lil New Zealand $$]. deal two is save $350 on a digicam when u buy iMac, iBook, or eMac. looking at these offers i know there's updates "round th corner" cos a) ANY discount offer has ALWAYS been followed by new product b) iPod is best deal offered EVER.

Powerbook starts @ $NZ 3500; iBook/eMac $NZ 2500 so th monetary value is approx 15% of 'puter, shrinking as 'puter price climbs to about 10% - i have to emphasize that this is a good deal here downunder where we pay a) an Apple premium of $NZ 500-1000 per 'puter b)a GST tax of 15% on top of price c) scarcity of product means "no deals". so, starting at eg iBook $US 1100 = $NZ 1600 plus $NZ 500 "premium"=$NZ 2100 plus 15% = $NZ 2400 iBook. That's our price! 50% more.

so...we get burned here, we really pay to be an Apple fan, & thus 'specials' do SIGNIFY...updates, 'bout 2 weeks at most & interestingly (to me) Powerbooks especially.

now you know.
  • Reply 34 of 70
    tfworldtfworld Posts: 181member
    I just remembered it was Tuesday when I read this!
  • Reply 35 of 70
    tikimantikiman Posts: 68member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

I pulled a few more products this morning so we can draw some additional comparisons:

M9160LL/A__ IPOD MINI SILVER 4GB 3.6 OUNCES 8HR RECHARGEABLE BATTERY:

-2566 in stock. 2466 on order. Delivery ETAs are 4/19, 4/20, and 6/14, depending on the warehouse.

No suprises there, I guess.

M9168LL/A__ IMAC 17IN 1.25G G4 256MB RAM 80GB HD 56K GEFORCEFX5200:

321 in stock. 0 on order.

M9290LL/A__ IMAC 20IN 1.25G G4 256MB 80GB GEFORCE FX5200:

664 in stock. 0 on order.

M8537ZM/A__ 23IN LCD 350:1 1920 X 1200 CINEMA DISPLAY ICE ADC MAC G4 W/ADC:

612 in stock. 0 on order. 30 on order. Delivery ETA is 4/7

M9110LL/A__ POWERBOOK G4 17IN 1.33GHZ 512MB RAM 80GB HD SUPERDRIVE BLU AIRPORT:

207 in stock. 0 on order.

M8981LL/A__ POWERBOOK G4 15IN 1.25GHZ 512MB RAM 80GB HD SUPERDRIVE BLU AIRPORT:

347 in stock. 1 on order. ETA 4/12

Everything here is moving slow. Lots of stock. Not much on order.

Given that this is the first time doing this kind of digging, it will be interesting to see what the characteristics of an Apple product "about to be updated" are.

Does an impending update look like a bunch of dwindling orders with chuncks of back-orders that have not yet been filled (or their original delivery dates have been missed)?

Or does an impending update look like a bunch of sluggish inventory with no orders pending (because IM knows something)... and suddenly some new part numbers pop up into the system (and if this happens, when do they appear in the system...?)

I suppose you could spin those tea leaves any way you want. Time will tell.
  • Reply 36 of 70
    leonardleonard Posts: 528member
    There was a really, really big annoucement today...

Microsoft announced Office 2004 will ship in May!
  • Reply 37 of 70
    tmantman Posts: 66member
    Quote:

There is much buzz surrounding product line updates in the reatil channel on or around 4/6/04. Any predcitions. Just watch you will see.

From AI: "After confirming the most recent wave of delays, sources provided AppleInsider with an updated time-frame for Power Mac revisions. Due to the sensitivity of the subject, AppleInsider will refrain from publishing these details until they can be confirmed. However, it should be noted that a number of larger Apple resellers have received a significant shipment of the current Power Mac G5 offerings over the past week."

Unless the strategy is to announce the new g5's and discount the hell out of the current lineup, I don't think we're going to see the rev B's any time soon.

But then again, it is Tuesday.

My prediction: We will have the new g5's before we get Osama.
  • Reply 38 of 70
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I'm REALLY glad I didn't make any sort of foolish "if that G5 graphic is there in three weeks, I'll cut off my left nut" wagers...

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that thing is still there! I thought SURELY last Tuesday it would be replaced. Then another whole week, thinking "okay, Tuesday the 6th...".

Nope.

What the hell? At least ROTATE some things. I just think it's supremely idiotic to give exclusive, static front page status to 10-month-old hardware that probably nobody is buying.

I don't get it...

Hell, stick some sort of NAB-related graphic up there. Put the iPod minis back. Put the G5 Xserve and rotate all the three, even! But the G5? By itself? For three weeks? Ugh...what gives? Someone explain that to me. May as well put the 15" iMac up there or the iSight. Or the Panther box. They're all about equally as relevant or timely.

\
  • Reply 39 of 70
    Quote:

Would that be 4th of June, or 6th of April? Some of us doesnt live in the US u know...
  • Reply 40 of 70
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I'm REALLY glad I didn't make any sort of foolish "if that G5 graphic is there in three weeks, I'll cut off my left nut" wagers...

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that thing is still there! I thought SURELY last Tuesday it would be replaced. Then another whole week, thinking "okay, Tuesday the 6th...".

Nope.

What the hell? At least ROTATE some things. I just think it's supremely idiotic to give exclusive, static front page status to 10-month-old hardware that probably nobody is buying.

I don't get it...

Hell, stick some sort of NAB-related graphic up there. Put the iPod minis back. Put the G5 Xserve and rotate all the three, even! But the G5? By itself? For three weeks? Ugh...what gives? Someone explain that to me. May as well put the 15" iMac up there or the iSight. Or the Panther box. They're all about equally as relevant or timely.

\

I'm surprised too.

The graphic was only up for about 4 days in the UK, and has been replaced with an advert for Filemaker Pro 7...

I really think we may have a long wait in store. Always happens when I'm buying too. :/