Motion

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Anyone remember Charlie White, Mr. DigitalVideoEditing.com? The guy who regularly trashed Macs as video editing machines?

Well, here are his impressions of Apple's NAB exhibit in general, and of Motion in particular.

There isn't a trace of skepticism in that article.

I thought it was odd too. I was like "did Apple suddenly become a site advertiser or something"

Charles White generally is pretty snide about Apple.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Well, I just got back from NAB friday, let me say *wow* in regards to Motion.

We had a demonstration of a Media 100 machine doing real time effects adn were blown away at the demonstration.

We stumbled upon Motion by a guy named Chris who suggested we check it out, the demo was amazing! things the $60K Media 100 machine was doing was being done on a $3K G5 with a $300 program, although you had to render it, in the Media 100 you have to "process" it as they so kindly called it.

This program was doing things a $160K Discrete system was doing, all while you edited it in RT. And you don't have to be a genius to figure it out either, simple commands and intuitive interface made it a sweet sweet program.

Anyone who uses FCP should check this out..

only downside was that It only worked in 8bit color.

well then again so does our Avid system ;-D LOL
  • Reply 63 of 64
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Final Cut Pro>Final Cut Express

Logic> Logic Express

Shake> Motion

Neato. Now we just need a DVD Studio Express.

Actually, they need to make DVD studio Pro and just move the current version to Express.

The NEW pro should contain all 32 parameters of the DVD spec instead of just the 16 it currently has.

and it needs Real Time Preview to NTSC or PAL monitor.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    Agreed on the Realtime preview but as for the other 16 parametes I don't hear many people calling for them so I assume they must be based on functions rarely used. DVDSP is one of the few apps where I don't see a lot of speculation on because it does primarily what most of the Authors want. Many simply request more speed and of course the preview that you mention.