Do You Street Race?

neoneo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
My Mom does. What about you guys?

My Mom drives an SUV, a V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee and i can post a picture of it.

-Neø

Comments

• Reply 1 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

-Neø

So you don't hate all things related to 'drag'?
  • Reply 2 of 67
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    post a picture.
  • Reply 3 of 67
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Two polls without a comedy option. Hmmm.. \

Anyways, no racing for me. Unless I'm on the one Stoo powered Specialized Rockhopper. It's fairly old, so there's no suspension mularkey.
  • Reply 4 of 67
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I would suggest you read this thread

Why SUV's suck

• Reply 5 of 67
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    okay, here is the picture...

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/neo-imac/Dsc00819.jpg

i took this picture a few months ago

the best thing about this car is the V8 under the hood

-Neø

edit: replaced picture with a link
  • Reply 6 of 67
    WTF?

Nobody races?

-Neø ------>
  • Reply 7 of 67
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I would suggest removal of the picture in favour of a link.

Either that or make it smaller!!
  • Reply 8 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

I would suggest removal of the picture in favour of a link.

Either that or make it smaller!!

Done

-Neø
  • Reply 9 of 67
    No car = no drag.

And as for the pic... please chop it down to size.

EDIT: thx for adjusting the pic

I don't think an SUV is the safest thing to race.
  • Reply 10 of 67
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

-Neø

And now for the obligatory...

Your MOM!!!!!111
  • Reply 11 of 67
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    nazi
  • Reply 12 of 67
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Street racers should be kicked in the nuts (or ovaries).
  • Reply 12 of 67
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I hate to tell you this, but your Mom's not street racing. She's just flooring it for a prolonged time to get it up to speed.
  • Reply 14 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

I hate to tell you this, but your Mom's not street racing. She's just flooring it for a prolonged time to get it up to speed.

Not really, because she usually races from light to light, and in that race the top speed doesn't matter, but what matters is the torque output. V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a high torque output in the 1st and 2nd gear, which means that the car gains speed faster if it driven at under 50 mph than at freeway speed. We (me and my Mom) prefer come out late in the evening, when all the fart-can Hondas come out to race. They have a high top speed, but it takes some time for them to accelerate, in contrast with my Mom's Jeep, which is rather slow on the freeway (but we still go about 90mph ).

-Neø
  • Reply 15 of 67
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

nazi

• Reply 16 of 67
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Your link is busted. Seems somebody violated angelfire's TOS...

Street racing? In a $900 1994 Dodge Caravan? HAHAHAHAHA. Not a chance. That thing will haul on the highway, but I don't have the money to pay for gas and tires and all that crap that street racing requires.

Oh yeah, and it's wicked stupid too.

Take it from someone who has seen a lot of trauma...I work in a hospital, and I'm training to be a paramedic. I've seen tramua caused by a car accident at 45 MPH, you nail something goin 90...good luck, you're gonna need it.
  • Reply 17 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neø

Not really, because she usually races from light to light, and in that race the top speed doesn't matter, but what matters is the torque output. V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee has a high torque output in the 1st and 2nd gear, which means that the car gains speed faster if it driven at under 50 mph than at freeway speed. We (me and my Mom) prefer come out late in the evening, when all the fart-can Hondas come out to race. They have a high top speed, but it takes some time for them to accelerate, in contrast with my Mom's Jeep, which is rather slow on the freeway (but we still go about 90mph ).

-Neø

Off-topic:

It's becoming more evident that you're not a 13 year-old girl. Give it up.

I declare shenanigans, again.

Didn't you say that you'd start a new thread to tell your story? The story of your Nazi upbringing, your street-racing parents, and the neighbourhood cross-dressers who scared you with their high-heels and beards.

Please do, it should be amusing.
  • Reply 18 of 67
    My Mom's favorite trick is that if the road is level enough, she lets the brakes go and when the light turns green, she accelerates. The tach shows only about 3000rpm, which is lowered to about 2000rpm afer a few seconds, but no matter what the other guy does, he is a few yards behind for a some time, which is usually enough for him to realize that he lost the race. When my Mom does this trick, the front end of the car feels like it doesn't have much of a grip of the pavement and this trick only works when the car is in the rear-wheel-drive.

-Neø
  • Reply 19 of 67
    How about this,

Post a pic with you, your Mom, holding a sign that says "I street race with my daghter and she knows a shit load about cars." infront of you Jeep. This will aid your defence when stating that you are a 13 year old girl. It seems like most people here don't think you are who you say you are. For all we know you could be a cop posing as a 13 year old girl that is misguided so he can root out sex offenders. Well that's my guess atleat.
  • Reply 20 of 67
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

How about this,

Post a pic with you, your Mom, holding a sign that says "I street race with my daghter and she knows a shit load about cars." infront of you Jeep. This will aid your defence when stating that you are a 13 year old girl. It seems like most people here don't think you are who you say you are. For all we know you could be a cop posing as a 13 year old girl that is misguided so he can root out sex offenders. Well that's my guess atleat.

i can do that

i can also post a few pics of myself at school with some friends, and a pic of my iMac, my PC's, and some other things.8)

-Neø ----->