New Apple Monitors.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch

Well... I'd say RAM doesnt follow that rule closely!

Since ram (more than just about any other part of a computer) is a true commodity item the manufactures can AND DO play with the price to some degree by holding back on production (they also play other games - just google to for ram price increase and every year or so you find some excuse for a POP in prices then slowly the price drops)... Sure if you zoom in too close (6 month window for example) on a "cost per MB" chart it could look like its going up "BIG TIME" but zoom out just a tad to a 1 year or 2 year window and the chart will tell a different story.

Zooming out even further on that "price per MB" graph... At a time not TOO long ago (hey I remember it) $99 for a 4MB sim for a Mac IIci was one hell of a deal. Yea okay I zoomed out pretty far but you get the idea.

Dave
  • Reply 22 of 25
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KCOM2006

I was looking to buy some type of large display.

I was considering these two:

Apple 23" Cinema HD Display

Dell 23" LCD TV

Would you all help me understand the quality difference in the display. Which screen is better?

The Dell is 1280 x 768 pixels. The Apple is 1920 x 1200. So, the Dell is suitable for watching TV, from a distance and the Apple is suitable for computer use, typing, reading, etc., from close up. Trying to use that Dell for reading would be very difficult because the pixels are too large.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Well, then the DELL monitor would be terrible for a computer monitor & TV combo.

Do you have any other suggestions for good LCD displays comprable to or better than the Apple Cinema HD Display?

THANKS
  • Reply 24 of 25
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    Quote:

Well, then the DELL monitor would be terrible for a computer monitor & TV combo.

Do you have any other suggestions for good LCD displays comprable to or better than the Apple Cinema HD Display?

THANKS

I've been looking at wide screen 23" models for HP and Sony. The HP is less, the Sony is more money. Don't know much about them.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

You may want to check out Formac.