(Rumored) XBox2 specs hint at the 976?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Programmer

That is correct. It doesn't matter what number IBM sticks on it (or doesn't -- they didn't give the Gekko in the GameCube a public number), Apple will never use this chip. It belongs to Microsoft.

BTW: I read the posts here & at Ars with amusement, but what is not funny is that some developer is breaking NDA and leaking information that Microsoft is not yet prepared to go public with. Sorry if you find this frustrating.

Frustrating? hmmmm......... WRT $Microsloth not really. However, I'm under NDA too - Nobody Discloses Anything to me that is \

I find your posts interesting and insigthful though, seing as you seem to know what the hell you are talking about, unlike some (many (most)) here (including me).

Now this M$ cube2 thing is IMHO only marginally interesting and perifically relevant to FH. Wasn't it discussed here a few monts ago too? Move along - nothing to see here.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    kurtkurt Posts: 225member
    Quote:

That is correct. It doesn't matter what number IBM sticks on it (or doesn't -- they didn't give the Gekko in the GameCube a public number), Apple will never use this chip. It belongs to Microsoft.

BTW: I read the posts here & at Ars with amusement, but what is not funny is that some developer is breaking NDA and leaking information that Microsoft is not yet prepared to go public with. Sorry if you find this frustrating.

Can you at least tell us who your NDA is with or is that part of the agreement? Do you write games for Xbox?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    [deleted]
  • Reply 24 of 27
    kurtkurt Posts: 225member
    Quote:

[deleted]

You big tease?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
  • Reply 26 of 27
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

I think the statement you make in your last post, imposes that this one too should be deleted. Don't leave traces behind you.

EDIT: edited quote accordingly
  • Reply 27 of 27
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    The only developer breaking any NDA, must be the same imaginary developer from the same imaginary source as this so called "rumor"

Every generation of console since I was a kid playing Sega Genesis games has been rumored as the first coming of something between the holodeck and Existenz, and all for $299USD.

Gimme a break. M$ has had much better than expected success in closing the Xbox down against emulation. Expect a rather simple CPU architecture. The magic will be on the GPU, not the CPU.