Next product from iPod Division ( 3D MockUp)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This is a old topic reborn.

Here is what I think.

Enjoy :-)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 31
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    ummm ok.... so i'm supposed to put to completely random hunks of plastic on my wall??? Consider some industrial design.
  • Reply 2 of 31
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    how about iSpeak?

I know about ispq, but to hell w/ 'em.

apple is the "i" company so don't you dare whine that Apple's ripping of your rip off name.....
  • Reply 3 of 31
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nsousansousa

[B]

Here is what I think.

So, if the power outlets in your wall don't have the exact height required, you are out of luck? If you like to have them placed somewhere else, you have to mount a power plug there, because you cannot sensibly use them with an extension cord for they'd trip over in a second...
  • Reply 4 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

ummm ok.... so i'm supposed to put to completely random hunks of plastic on my wall??? Consider some industrial design.

My metal renderer was on vacation...;-)
  • Reply 5 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

So, if the power outlets in your wall don't have the exact height required, you are out of luck? If you like to have them placed somewhere else, you have to mount a power plug there, because you cannot sensibly use them with an extension cord for they'd trip over in a second...

As you can see the plug is detachable...so you can plug another one with an extension cord,
  • Reply 6 of 31
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    Bad idea, the speaker buisness is filled with respectable name's. It would be better for Apple to continue their collaboration with industry leaders in this area to take advantage of the "selling" value that those names bring to Apple's products than for Apple to try to compete against them.
  • Reply 7 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

Bad idea, the speaker buisness is filled with respectable name's. It would be better for Apple to continue their collaboration with industry leaders in this area to take advantage of the "selling" value that those names bring to Apple's products than for Apple to try to compete against them.

The speaker itself can be made by a "respectable" source.

Read the specs. It's iTunes and Airport streaming that make the innovation.

• Reply 8 of 31
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    I don't know how they would work, but I think I get it and it is a good idea to give iTunes the ability to "sound design" your house or office. I bet it could send different playlists to different speaker sets.

It might be abit beyond the average consumer, but it isn't any more radical than those little Bose speakers....it would just have to be as good as the Bose and at the same price, which may be the biggest challenge.

They wouldn't be too practical in homes with kids as is.
  • Reply 9 of 31
    g-dogg-dog Posts: 171member
    Apple's done deals with Bose before, why not again?

Maybe these would be Bose's creations?
  • Reply 10 of 31
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

I don't know how they would work, but I think I get it and it is a good idea to give iTunes the ability to "sound design" your house or office. I bet it could send different playlists to different speaker sets.

It might be abit beyond the average consumer, but it isn't any more radical than those little Bose speakers....it would just have to be as good as the Bose and at the same price, which may be the biggest challenge.

They wouldn't be too practical in homes with kids as is.

That is what I was thinking.

Having iTunes stream different playlists to different (powered) speakers.

The whole idea would be to COMPLETELY circumvent current audio systems which although good to audiophiles, are a complete mess for the average consumer.I mean unless you are really knowledgeable you have to buy a speaker set , a amp, a CD player...to much mess.

Apple simplicity.

1- Buy the track

2- Mix it with others.

3- Listen in your bedroom speakers, study or whatever room you plug the Apple speakers.( and sync it to your iPod ;-))

I was going to suggest HomePLUG® AV compatability but Apple has yet to make their minds about the Homeplug® standard.( I use it at home and it's great)
  • Reply 11 of 31
    The Powerbook is fiction ;-)
  • Reply 12 of 31
    Quote:

Those are bigger than I imagined.
  • Reply 13 of 31
    Quote:

Those are bigger than I imagined.

Well...I see what you mean, but The idea was to have a real good speaker, not a mini gadget like the SoundSticks. Thus the idea of different plates for them.
  • Reply 14 of 31
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I like them but I don't see Apple doing them...Detachable faceplates are so Compaq.
  • Reply 15 of 31
    Quote:

This is a old topic reborn.

Here is what I think.

Pine scented or pot pourri?
  • Reply 16 of 31
    Quote:

Hey nsousansous, you can't fool us, that whole room and house is fake too!! The mountains look real though.

Actually it looks like some basic problems of weight and electric plug strength will doom your design, but good idea regarding wireless audio and iTunes integration! It looks like the perfect 3rd party product though.
  • Reply 17 of 31
    Quote:

Hey nsousansous, you can't fool us, that whole room and house is fake too!! The mountains look real though.

Actually it looks like some basic problems of weight and electric plug strength will doom your design, but good idea regarding wireless audio and iTunes integration! It looks like the perfect 3rd party product though.

Busted ! ;-)

In fact, "me thinks" that mechanical issues you mentioned would be the major problem. Maybe if the plug part would be detachable like the current PowerBooks power supply. Then you could plug one with an extension cord and the speaker would stand on its own ... ??

• Reply 18 of 31
    thunderpoitthunderpoit Posts: 709member
    the other problem i see is that im not sure i know anyone who would have power outlets that are convinently right where they would want a speaker, i know that none of my outlets are placed that way.
  • Reply 19 of 31
    These would be cool if they also purified the air, too.

• Reply 20 of 31
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    A few issues. Most of my outlets are under/covered by desks. Sound would be muffled. Additionally, your height would cause issues as they would not fit anyway, due to the height of said desks. Also, as one with issues with Apple powerbook adapter not staying in it's outlet, the shear weight of those speakers would cause it to fall forward and out of the outlet. There's not counter balance at the bottom to keep it in the outlet. Receptacles do not provide and gripping action that would support such weight.

Along with those issues, you have the continued problem that most rooms 11x12 or so which an average home room would only contain 1 outlet per wall, not the 2 within 4 feet opposite a desk such as in your illustration.

Sorry, just too many negatives. Even if they were wireless and could wall mount, wireless does not offer the best sound quality.