Nick and Jessica: Newlyweds Show

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The Michelle Branch was a good example indeed, but the Jessica Simpson pic you posted doesn't really look bad. She's not my cup of tea, but if that's a photo of her looking her worst (which i doubt it is), she's got little to worry about.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    My wife makes me watch a ton of the reality shows. Sadly I end up actually kind of liking them. It's odd. If I were alone I'd still never flip over them, but I actually don't mind watching some of them.

Nick and Jessica being one of them. I hate their music, am jealous of their wealth and think Jessica has got to be one of the most clueless (not necessarily dumb) people on earth. But they'd probably be ok to hang out with some weekend. Mostly its just kind of funny watch Nicks reaction to her. The guy has far more patience than I would. Also gotta say (like someone else said) I'm somewhat impressed at how down to earth he tends to be. Choosing to do things himself that he could easily pay someone else to do. Something to be said for that.

I guess maybe the draw is that its just interesting to see how "normal" they are despite their fame and wealth.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

No doubt she's very physically attractive, but smarts goes a long way, and her obvious stupidity probably would put her at a 5 for me too. But it's kind of an innocent stupidity, which is also a bit charming. So I'll go 6 for the overall rating.

My girlfriend may not be as physically gifted or visually stunning, but she is good looking. And she's pulling down a 4.0 while majoring in Information Systems at Carnegie Mellon University, all the while being a marine option in the Navy ROTC program. So I'd take her over Ms. Simpson any day.

Come on a 6? I'll agree that looks aren't everything and that her naiveness takes away from her, but it's kinda cute, and while annoying at times, no less then a 8 or 9 can be expected. I am just saying that she is hot, and while being dumb takes away from her attractiveness, it in no way makes her less hot. What is more likely is that a person's mental ability and charming characteristics makes you more likely to think they are better looking.

Quote:

Originally posted by giant

It's all makeup and image management. Even with all of that, get her in the wrong light and she's a monster:

http://www.stickontheradio.com/jessica%20simpson.jpg

It's all about managing the image. The same thing that keeps Jessica Simpson from being a whale (similar to Anna Nicole situation) is the same thing that has her mentioning her former virginity every other sentence.

I actually make people less ugly for a living...well a summer job, but it's my only source of income . Now look at that picture of her, and tell me that her smile doesn't look forced. Nobody looks good with a forced smile for one. And really...she is still human. I mean you guys hold them to a different standard. Who doesn't have a bad day or week? Besides that smile...which I feel looks forced, unnatural...I think she looks fine in that picture.