A vote for Kerry is a vote for Bush

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
George W. Bush : initiated unilateral force in Iraq.

John Kerry : supported unilateral action in Iraq without UN support.

George W. Bush : believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

John Kerry : believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"Americans deserve a principled diplomacy...backed by undoubted military might...based on enlightened self-interest, not the zero-sum logic of power politics...a diplomacy that commits America to lead the world toward liberty and prosperity. A bold progressive internationalism that focuses not just on the immediate and imminent, but insidious dangers that can mount over the next years and decade, dangers that span the spectrum from the denial of democracy, to destructive weapons, endemic poverty and epidemic disease. These are not just issues of international order, but vital issues of our own national security." John Kerry

George W. Bush : his administration created and implemented the Patriot Act.

John Kerry : supported and voted for the Patriot Act.

George W. Bush : supports worldwide U.S. intervention in third world governments in order to keep up U.S. interests.

John Kerry : Now in his fourth term in the U.S. Senate, Kerry has been spectacularly unimpressive legislator, having organized the passage of just 7 bills, out of of 317 introduced durning 20 years. One of the bills he helped pass was Plan Colombia (1999) which among other things involves sending of military "advisors" to the brutal right-wing goverment(9 out of 10 trade unionists killed around the world are from Colombia) and the bill authorizes the chemical defoliation of rain forest.Under this legisation, 325,00 acres of it has been destoyed(another country that never attacked the U.S.) being sprayed with toxins in a phoney "War on Drugs" while cocaine production in that country has increased by 11 percent.

George W. Bush : connected to Kenneth Lay, the CEO of Enron.

John Kerry : Senator Kerry is connected to Enron, and to Enron's bank Citigroup through his multi-millionariess wife, whose HEINZ Environmental Defense Fund has Ken Lay on it's board of directors.Citigroup has been a major contributor to Kerry's various campaigns.In 1995 Kerry cast the deciding vote to overide Clinton's veto of the very bill used by Enron and Citigroup to conduct their well-known consumer rip-offs.

George W. Bush : attended Yale University, the blight of western civilization. Is member of secretive Yale society bent on world domination, Skull And Bones.

John Kerry : attended Yale University and is member of Skull And Bones.

In conclusion, there's no point in me voting considering they're the same and it will not matter which one gets elected.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 116
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    The big difference for me, is not that it's kerry or bush it's that Bush out also means all his goons will be out. No more Ashcroft, rumsfeld, powell, and no more fucking cheney.
  • Reply 2 of 116
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    vote Sharpton and quit whining
  • Reply 3 of 116
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Congratulation america with your "two party" "Democracy".
  • Reply 4 of 116
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Kerry: has the brains and balls to change his mind on a subject when it's incorrect.

Bush: blindly affirms actions taken were appropriate, lies to try and justify them.

...well maybe Kerry lies to justify some things to, but nothing on scale with a war!
  • Reply 5 of 116
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Kerry: has the brains and balls to change his mind on a subject when it's incorrect.

Never understood why this was bad either. But for him to vote for the patriot act was a huge error of judgement and must somehow reflect what I regard as a wrong basic view on the relationship between the state and the individual.
  • Reply 6 of 116
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

George W. Bush : his administration created and implemented the Patriot Act.

John Kerry : supported and voted for the Patriot Act based on lies told to him by Powell, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft and the Bush Administration.

Thats not an excuse. I think a lot of parallels can be drawn between the current situation and the one that met Germany in the 70s. Rote Armee Fraktion fought the German state and tried to reveal the "real" face of the capitalistic state by showing that the only reason we had liberty, democracy and freedom and all that jazz was because noone used that freedom to try to get another system. Or said differently, You had freedom even under Hitler as long as you didn´t challenge the system and the west wasn´t differently.

Germany didn´t alter the rights of the citizents, didn´t start to stop people randomly, didn´t start survelliance randomly or limit the freedom of its citizents when it was pressed. Do US stand the same test?

The rights of the citizents is what we protect, not something that can be sacrifised in the fight.
  • Reply 7 of 116
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Bush: blindly affirms actions taken were appropriate, lies to try and justify them.

...well maybe Kerry lies to justify some things to, but nothing on scale with a war!

What makes you think that Kerry changed his mind because he was wrong? It's called saying whatever will get you elected.

Nick
  • Reply 8 of 116
    Quote:

I support Kerry's initiative to raise the minimum wage, for one. Let's start rebalancing the devastating effects of Reaganomics.

Ahahahahahahahaha....

Last I checked, Hong Kong didn't even have a minimum wage. I suppose Hong Kong must be suffering from Reaganomics as well.

Nick
  • Reply 9 of 116
    In some coutries minimum wages are more needed than in others. Here we don´t have it and still noone wound EVER work for less than 12 dollars.
  • Reply 10 of 116
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

In some coutries minimum wages are more needed than in others. Here we don´t have it and still noone wound EVER work for less than 12 dollars.

This is pretty much true in America as well. In fact we are constantly told by the left that we should support illegal immigration since they are taking all the jobs, especially the ones that pay in the range of minimum wage, that no one would do for anywhere near that range.

Sort of a damned if you do or don't approach.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 116
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,027member
    Please see my signature.
  • Reply 12 of 116
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    SDW, does Bush's family own an SUV too?
  • Reply 13 of 116
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Vote Nader and Green. Screw these slimeball "Democratic" hypocrits. You know the Democrats are trying to stop Nader from getting on the ballot in several states? They are against democracy in the most fundamental sense. They are just as evil as the Republicans disfranchising thousands of voters in 2000.

Screw 'em. Vote Nader for president and Green for your local elections.

By the way, Kerry's call for a raise in the minimum wage to $7 is a joke. A living wage in this country is a minimum of $10, and that's if one has health insurance. We need universal healthcare and a living wage. Only Ralph Nader has called for these.
  • Reply 14 of 116
    jimdreamworxjimdreamworx Posts: 1,096member
    Imagine if everyone who doesn't vote (due to apathy or thinking it doesn't matter) were to consider going for Nader and the Greens. Spread the word from the rooftops, vote for an alternative!
  • Reply 15 of 116
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Like someone else said, it's questionable whether its "brains and balls", or simply and election year, guess it depends on which side you're on. But that aside, changing ones mind frequently on large issues is hardly a quality people should desire in a leader. Depending on which angle you come at it, it could imply that he is easily deceived, doesn't assess situations properly, or that his opinion can be swayed. It can also project (true or not) that he has a lack of conviction and that you can't count on him to follow through with what he says. Leaders are not *supposed* to make incorrect decisions. Not exactly something deserving of praise.
  • Reply 16 of 116
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Also with Bush it's always someone elses fault when things go wrong......
  • Reply 17 of 116
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Thats not an excuse. I think a lot of parallels can be drawn between the current situation and the one that met Germany in the 70s. Rote Armee Fraktion fought the German state and tried to reveal the "real" face of the capitalistic state by showing that the only reason we had liberty, democracy and freedom and all that jazz was because noone used that freedom to try to get another system. Or said differently, You had freedom even under Hitler as long as you didn´t challenge the system and the west wasn´t differently.

Germany didn´t alter the rights of the citizents, didn´t start to stop people randomly, didn´t start survelliance randomly or limit the freedom of its citizents when it was pressed. Do US stand the same test?

The rights of the citizents is what we protect, not something that can be sacrifised in the fight.

Anders,

I agree that we need a new system as we're coming up too often with different sides of the coin. However in this particular case an independent candidate can't win against GWB.

In my opinion he is the worst thing to happen to america ( and the world in general as they have to deal with us ) in my lifetime. Without a need to win another term the next 4 years could be much worse than the last.

We need to get Bush out of office then we can look at changing things with a less dangerous choice at hand.

I even like Nader but the sad fact is he simply can't win against Bush.
  • Reply 18 of 116
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

vote Sharpton and quit whining

I DID!
  • Reply 19 of 116
    Quote:

Absolutely. In fact you can read all about my personal opinion about the twisted system in Hong Kong in next week's Next Magazine (weekly circulation about 145,000 copies). I'm nothing if not consistent.

You link when it comes out and I will gladly read your opinion Tonton.

Nick
  • Reply 20 of 116
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

I support Kerry's initiative to raise the minimum wage, for one. Let's start rebalancing the devastating effects of Reaganomics.

You mean the effect of impressive economic growth? Yea let's kill that!