Current iBooks and eMacs do not support Core Image

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    I have been running Tiger Server for the last 4 days on my eMac 700... I believe that is a geforce 2mx...

I have to say it is EXTREMELY faster than panther. Geforce 2mx is not a supported graphics card for core image or core video...

There are a few graphical bugs but I've seen this on every machine... oh btw... don't do a secure empty trash either.

You MUST remember this is just a "preview"... not a beta like panther was this time last year. There is so much more work that is going to be put into this OS... understand that it will only get more optimized. Quit being so nervous. Also remember that this OS will be out a lot longer than previous OS's... since Apple is going to slow down development of OS X.

Just try it out before you start bitching... I don't understand the mentality on this board with some people.

The dual 2.5 g5 was bashed all to hell when it was announced... look at it!! A single g5 2.5 is equiv to a 3.5 Xeon... benchmarks from WWDC.
  • Reply 82 of 84
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Re emig647's report, one of the things Lemon Bon Bon and I were hoping to see was improved performance all around through the use of IBM compiler technology. Sounds like it might've come about...

emig647, do you have Xcode 2? Do you know if it's still using gcc, or if it's using something else? Doesn't prove anything, of course, since the OS could be compiled with one compiler and the development tools built around something else; but I'd sure like to see Apple include the new compilers with the development tools so third-party developers could benefit from them without huge license fees.
  • Reply 83 of 84
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    XCode 2.0 works with gcc 3.5. Don't forget XCode 2.0/gcc 3.5 does autovectorization of code so this could speed up many apps with a recompile.
  • Reply 84 of 84
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Don't forget that XCode 2 isn't still very beta right now.

We found a lot of bugs in it at WWDC within a few days... heh. Core Data is awesome btw.