Apple needs to update iPod to stay on top?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

What would have been stupid is if Apple added every whim people desired and wound up evolving the iPod out of the matket it is so popular in. Instead they wisely chose to evolve the iPod and its software.

Well put.
  • Reply 82 of 87
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by emig647

Rapid recharge still is 1 hour (80% charge in 1 hour).

The 4 Hour additional battery life would be a biggy for me. (you forgot to mention that).

[quote]

Quote:

About 4 hours (2-hour fast charge to 80% capacity)

source: www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html
  • Reply 83 of 87
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    They need to do something to improve the voice recording abilities of the iPod. From what I've seen about the prvious mic attachments, they suck. The new iTalk may have resolved that. I hope so.

iPod or iPod Mini as a tool for lectures and interviews is a great idea. However, the functionality has to be a bit better than what has been. If for example, iPod would automatically time stamp, date and file your recordings, and let you give them short titles on the pod itself, or give longer info through iTunes, ah, that would be golden. I see so many media guys fiddling with Minidisc based recorders, and/or ic recorders these days, how passe...
  • Reply 84 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

source: www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

See that's funny... because this is a quote off of their ADC store for the iPod

Quote:

Up to 12-hour battery life.

In-flight entertainment to get you almost anywhere. Over FireWire, the iPod battery can be fast-charged up to 80 percent capacity in 1 hour. A full charge over USB 2.0 or FireWire takes just 4 hours.

Go to the ADC store and look up the iPod... it shows a picture of the rapid recharge symbol and that quote next to it. So now what?
  • Reply 85 of 87
    Matsu,

I have to agree with you, if the one feature I can really think of that was missing was voice recording... *shrugs* Maybe 5g? \
  • Reply 86 of 87
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    One positive change that hasn't got much attention is the fact the new iPod now comes with both Firewire and USB cables. It isn't major but it really means a further $20 price reduction for a lot of cases.

Edit: On a down side it looks like the tech specs page has been updated and the remote is now no longer standard.
  • Reply 87 of 87
    Yeah, but in reality they aren't any cheaper and neither model comes with the carrying case. And the low end model still doesn't have a dock. In fact, they just eliminated the high end model (which should have been the 60 GB iPod) and are bundling less accessories.