Another reason Why Dull is crap

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stjobs

"you are simply repeating yourself. your logic is seriously flawed, you have been proven wrong countless times. you have been proven to lie. you have proven to be a serious apologist.

please, save yourself some time and find something better to do because you're not proving anything here."

I don't know what you expect me to say. Nothing I've said is a lie - you just don't want to believe that in general, Apple products are not as problem-prone as you indicate from your personal experience. Like it or not, you've encountered far more problems with your equipment than 95% of users.

If my logic is so flawed, please point out the problem. If I have been "proven" wrong, show me some proof. Otherwise, shut up.

Quote:

I've used my 15" PowerBook every day for the past 2+ years, and the paint is perfect.

Quote:

eah! my TiBook 667/DVD has developed a similar problem. Some of the paint got chipped off a week or 2 ago, and the damage has been spreading... I think Apple should do a total recall. This kind of thing is unacceptable on a $2400 computer. I called Apple tech support about this and the guy said that I have the full 12 month warranty period to make a claim, and that Apple uses refurb parts to make repairs, so I should wait until the end of the warranty period in case the problem gets worse, then make a claim. He said that there may be minor cosmetic damage on the repair parts as well.

stop being a dick and ignoring everyone else that is telling you you're wrong.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Well my beloved 17-inch has gone off for its 4th repair

1st time: bad display - staining, uneven illumination

2nd time: same thing as first time

3rd time: really bad uneven illumination, staining at top of display

4th time: screen pretty much fixed, but its lid really misaligned, can't open 60% of the time, latch gets caught

I'm so fucking pissed about that situation. I haven't been able to use my new PowerBook 17-incher since June 16th because it's been traveling this great land to get repaired.

While I wait, and wait, I am using my Ti867 which I have had no problems with so far, but it is now possessing some weird behavior likely because the drive is almost full. I've repaired permissions, updating prebindings, but it has most definitely slowed down.

Because I'm in the IT world, working at a school, which is most predominantly Mac and gravitating more so with each passing year, I find myself longing to learn the "dark side" just in case....just in case I decide to leave that job and look for work elsewhere.

I have also come across some software that I would like to use that is only available on the PC. Given the fact that Virtual PC runs like shit on my Ti867, I have been perusing the PC notebooks and am conflicted about the whole thing. Can anyone make a PC notebook recommendation *gasp*?

I have heard nightmare stories about Dell's service and support (it's in India or something) and that the quality of their notebooks has gone down the shitter.