Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Comments

• Reply 201 of 484
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Had a family emergency so i was in the ER for most of the night. it did give me some time to think though! Lets see what happens tonight.

Uhh! Hopefully everything is fine so far.
  • Reply 202 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

...The author of the piece said that the new iMac G5 was fairly "simple looking"...

...which provides plenty of room to speculate. My word is on "Simplicity". I love this word, one of my favorite english words. (oh...becoming OT)

Quote:

Quote:

... The BIGGEST secret was the original Bondi Blue iMac. When introduced at MacWorld it turned out that most employees at Apple werre unaware of the product at all. It was as much a surprise to them as the rest of us.

Indeed. The Introduction of the iMac was a BIG stroke which had a strong impact in any IT field. Did i mentioned colorized printers?

The Bondi was pure Inspiration, effective, so vivid, so compelling.

But nooooow, time is different, - which doesn't mean apple won't release

something ... which i wouldn't buy INSTANTLY.
  • Reply 203 of 484
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I remember watching MW on the internet as Steve introduced the iMac and said, "It looks like it came from outer space (or another world)", don't remember which. I'd love to see that video again.
  • Reply 204 of 484
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by macinJosh

I was just thinkin' it's not about the enclosure, it's about the media experience. Good swivel speakers, left and right, and a tilting display at center. Simple pillar supports beneath and behind.

How to cool it? Dunno. Take it up north.

That looks pretty kewl to me but somehow I think it'll be totally different
  • Reply 205 of 484
    Has anyone posted this mockup, found on SpyMac
  • Reply 206 of 484
    macgregormacgregor Posts: 1,434member
    Quote:

Originally posted by k_munic

I like this one:

http://www.mackompass.de/index.php?o...tpage&Itemid=1

and I'm sure:

all wireless: wireless keyboard/mouse, wireless LAN (Airport express included), maybe a "use TV screen for monitoring" Option (no, Steve, don't worry, it is not television with a Mac, it is just for watching iPhoto and controlling iTunes)

That is the best so far, though the ThinkSecret does have an unrealistic coolness about it. The colors would be great as long as they didn't "make" every reseller have to buy all colors, as before. If that had an AIO option, I would vote it best of show.

It would be really great if all Macs had easy to install slots for Airport Extreme and Express cards....make upgrades plug and play.
  • Reply 207 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

That is the best so far, though the ThinkSecret does have an unrealistic coolness about it. The colors would be great as long as they didn't "make" every reseller have to buy all colors, as before. If that had an AIO option, I would vote it best of show.

It would be really great if all Macs had easy to install slots for Airport Extreme and Express cards....make upgrades plug and play.

I second that. Well enough said, time will tell

Finally, I think there will be an ALU MAC (meeting the miniPods fashion) without monitor, perhaps within cube formfactor. I go for that now.
  • Reply 208 of 484
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    y'all don't want an iMac.

you want apple to bring back the cube and call it iMac.
  • Reply 209 of 484
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    This thread has had some interesting and appealing mockups.

My take though is that the iMac return to what it once was in most ways:

- It used to be very close in terms of processor performance and it only differed in that it had single vs. dual CPUs. I think it will have that again with the new model.

- It used to be rugged and simple. I think that is the direction they are going with the new one. No articulated arms or enclosure that demands a custom motherboard shapes which can not be shared easily.

I also believe that with the announcement of Tiger you will see a decent (not bleeding edge but more than adequate) video chipset in there.

It will also unquestionably be AIO again. iMac == AIO. Any non-AIO is simply not an iMac.

I would like to see an additonal desktop (those colored cubes looked great) but it probably isn't coming soon. Just a few more weeks and we'll all know for certain what the future holds.
  • Reply 210 of 484
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Although the Cubes look nice in colors, Apple's done that and they won't do it again. Also they are much too big in the rendering. As stated, the iMac is AIO. Funny, we're less then 30 days away from the the unveiling and there's still no info - either photos or specs. Not like the old days when info leaking like a sieve. Perhaps it's better so that the surprise will be more dramatic.
  • Reply 211 of 484
    Quote:

... no info - either photos or specs. Not like the old days when info leaking like a sieve...

...and apple even haven't announced an announcment yet with certain specs dropping heck, time is changing, though...
  • Reply 212 of 484
    lucidalucida Posts: 104member
    come on pscates!
  • Reply 213 of 484
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    I really like the 'Mac Kompass' mockup.. They look really cool, though they probably wouldn't be that large.. (On second thoughts, maybe the heat sink is the cause of the largeness..)

I can't wait until next month.. I don't want a leak either, it's so much nicer to be surprised by the product than to know all along what will be unveiled.

Jimzip
  • Reply 214 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

I really like the 'Mac Kompass' mockup. ...

Yeah, very much talent

Quote:

Quote:

I don't want a leak either, it's so much nicer to be surprised by the product than to know all along what will be unveiled.

Jimzip

"Hm, i awfully hate to be drained, said the guy, and visited his vampire friend."

PS: You do enjoy AI for all their ... er ... sources, don't you?
  • Reply 215 of 484
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bancho

It will also unquestionably be AIO again. iMac == AIO. Any non-AIO is simply not an iMac.

Says who? Who died and left you chief of product development?

You may be right...but you never know. In any case, big know-it-all sweeping statements like that often come back to haunt you.

I should know.
  • Reply 216 of 484
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Says who? Who died and left you chief of product development?

You may be right...but you never know. In any case, big know-it-all sweeping statements like that often come back to haunt you.

I should know.

I will be thrilled to be wrong, but just you watch
  • Reply 217 of 484
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Hey, if they did make an alu cube, they could have an aftermarket in different colored shells. It's simple enough to pull the core and swap it, anyone could do it, it takes just seconds. Retailers wouldn't have to stock all the colors in complete units, just shells.

However, I agree with Bancho. The Cube was a shrunken tower, not a desktop laptop like the iMac. Whether the Cube comes back or not (and I think it should), it won't be called the iMac.
  • Reply 218 of 484
    Quote:

Although the Cubes look nice in colors, Apple's done that and they won't do it again. Also they are much too big in the rendering. As stated, the iMac is AIO. Funny, we're less then 30 days away from the the unveiling and there's still no info - either photos or specs. Not like the old days when info leaking like a sieve. Perhaps it's better so that the surprise will be more dramatic.

Isn't it UBELIEVABLE that TWICE now, Apple has not been able to trust otherwise very intrusted magazines with premade interviews and secret info about forthcomming products, without them accidently leaving them ready for publishing online SO FOOLISHLY THINKING WE WON'T BE WATCHING THEM HO HO HO what a laugh! That would be like leaving your Jaguar convertible in bronx with the keys in.....
  • Reply 219 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

Isn't it UBELIEVABLE that TWICE now, Apple has not been able to trust otherwise very intrusted magazines with premade interviews and secret info about forthcomming products, without them accidently leaving them ready for publishing online SO FOOLISHLY THINKING WE WON'T BE WATCHING THEM HO HO HO what a laugh! That would be like leaving your Jaguar convertible in bronx with the keys in.....

Ummm....I don't think the iPod thing was an accident. I mean, they said, "unconventional" medium for announcing, and online magazine articles certainly were unconventional. What's the other time you're thinking of?
  • Reply 220 of 484
    glassblowerscat-the iMAC as we now know it was prematurely released by Time magazine (Canada edition, if I remember correctly). It was only by half a day or so, but it was all over the Apple sites in no time and killed the surprise of Steve's MWSF keynote.