Post All your iMac 3 Mockups here

Comments

• Reply 381 of 484
    Wow... that is messed up... I made a post recently saying how all the new Mac designs was based on "BENT" aluminum... and this is EXACTLY the shape I envisioned... but I envisioned this side ways.

I believe this is correct.

I think the base would look better if it was designed similarly to the old apple cube... where clear plastic extends down following th eshape of the Imac.

But I don't know how you would adjust the backward forward tilt adjustment.... or if you would have to.
  • Reply 382 of 484
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    I like the simplicity. It looks like it could be fairly easy to manufacture.

How do you think the ports would work? Do you think they might use some mega combo cable like on the new screens so the real connections could be made farther from the base?

Wireless keyboard and mouse?

How would you open the case for adding Ram, airport card? Maybe a slot from the opposite side for the optical drive?

If it is a clear case, do you think they would use the mood ring lights?

Doesn't look like the screen would be adjustable.
  • Reply 383 of 484
    Quote:

How would you open the case for adding Ram, airport card? Maybe a slot from the opposite side for the optical drive?

Imagine it like the Ipod mini design... where you could slide out the internals of the iMac... also like the old Cube.

But with this.. maybe the monitor and the body of the Imac would be like the flash hotshoe of a prefessional camera -- you slide the entire aluminum piece away from the monitor -- which is molded into the external plastic piece.

So think of the entire plastic case as being the monitor... and the entire aluminum piece as the computer... so the cumputer actually slides into the monitor.
  • Reply 384 of 484
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    This is only a guess on the general look. Obviously the details will be there for whatever you need to do. Take it for what it is a design excercise and not as the final product.....
  • Reply 385 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

This is only a guess on the general look. Obviously the details will be there for whatever you need to do. Take it for what it is a design excercise and not as the final product.....

No doubt.
  • Reply 386 of 484
    I did find the article amusing about the person seeing the iMac at the Olympics. With the press people being fairly acquainted with the Mac, this would have been noticed and reported very quickly in some fashion.

It does make for a good story on the creation of this artist's idea however.
  • Reply 387 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

I did find the article amusing about the person seeing the iMac at the Olympics. With the press people being fairly acquainted with the Mac, this would have been noticed and reported very quickly in some fashion.

It does make for a good story on the creation of this artist's idea however.

Stranger things have happened.

Remember the story of that Osmond brother saying that Jack Osborne had a 40 gig Ipod long long before they ever came out?

It actually seems kind of logical when you look at it that way... Jack Osbourne having a 40 GB Ipod first... and this Chinese buisiness man having a new G5 iMac...

Doesn't that kind of make sense?

• Reply 388 of 484
    Don't know about that but this is the best one I've seen yet.

I'm wondering with a design like this, if the next version of the eMac could be the headless wonder.

This simple design wouldn't appear to cost as much to make as the current/extinct iMac but it would probably still be above the price range of what the education market would be looking for. It would appear to be sturdier than the last version however so maybe some would go for it. Some did buy the current model after all.
  • Reply 389 of 484
    oops.
  • Reply 390 of 484
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    I'm surprised Yao Ming doesn't have one at the Olympic village. I like the basic design a lot. Hopefully, Apple will ask the image to be removed and then we'll know it's close!
  • Reply 391 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by lucida

Emac G5

Looks nice and pretty much the same as the eMac G4 which is perfect. I'm a big fan of the eMac.
  • Reply 392 of 484
    Does anyone else think that it would be more logical to have the slot drive on the bottom in the front .. right underneath the screen?

That way they wouldn't have to put the drive on its side.. and the shape of the iMac would make it easy to put it there.
  • Reply 393 of 484
    One thing I'm not totally sold on are slot-loading CD/DVD drives. They work fine in the car and such places but I prefer tray loading drives. Slot loading drives can't take 3-inch cds or cd-cards and I've had bad experiences with them. Once, my iPod software CD got stuck inside the PowerBook and I had to take the machine to a repair centre. I like the tray on the eMac. I wish the iMac went back to tray based cd drives but I don't think it'll happen.
  • Reply 394 of 484
    I think well see the screen and cpu as seperate pieces, yet fused together in some way for ease of manufacture. This way they can accommodate 17 and 20 inch screens without completely seperate housings for the entire machine.
  • Reply 395 of 484
    Quote:

Originally posted by ArticulatedArm

Does anyone else think that it would be more logical to have the slot drive on the bottom in the front .. right underneath the screen?

That way they would have to put the drive on its side.. and the shape of the iMac would make it easy to put it there.

I think it's better on the side because of the shape of the machine. If this computer is indeed like the Vaio W series, then you'll want the screen to take up the mayority of the front side of the unit.

I salivate at those Vaios W (if only they didn't have Windows on them).
  • Reply 396 of 484
    Here is another design by the same guy... I see it being like a combination of this and the one posted most recently --

• Reply 397 of 484
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Can you put a G5 directly behind, or attached directly to the back of an LCD though? I think there is something wrong with these designs. That is just going to heat up eventually isn't it? I know so many users that never turn their Mac's off. There is something just not right.

I don't know. I'm starting to wonder about the credibility of the TS source you guy's are relying on. What ever happened to the old saying: never believe a rumor until SJ walks it out on stage?
  • Reply 398 of 484
    from what i read in the articale

it sounds kinda like this but with much closer lines

(flat front perfectly round back )

• Reply 399 of 484
    if you ask me it looks like an emac update maybe??
  • Reply 400 of 484
    yyzyyz Posts: 6member
    I still can't believe Apple would take such a quantum leap backwards in terms of screen manuverability. Going from the G4 imac with its floating screen to a next generation imac that you adjust by dragging back and forth across your desk...?