Comments

• Reply 1 of 77
    moazammoazam Posts: 136member
    youch.

You guys are persistent.

-M
  • Reply 2 of 77
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    So it looks like it has the mini's scroll wheel now. No color screen, but it does look smaller.
  • Reply 4 of 77
    Hmph. I'm not impressed. I hope it does something new. I wonder how long will they keep rearranging the button layout. We need some new features. I hope the battery life is better, tho I doubt it.
  • Reply 5 of 77
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    You don't f**k with success. It does look smaller somewhat. The color screen isn't there but so what.
  • Reply 6 of 77
    Story doesn't seem to be posted yet. MacRumors put this on their site but the cover is not on the Newsweek website as of yet.
  • Reply 7 of 77
    To me it looks about the same size. You'd have to know the real size of Steve's head to tell it is smaller.
  • Reply 8 of 77
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Why on earth would Apple try, and waste your money? Color screen - are you kidding? Here is the thinking behind that. Lets up the cost, and add ZERO functionality so they can look at black and white in color? All your doing is scrolling through songs. You idiots can biache about the most ridiculous traits you would like added, but they do nothing. The chances of any of you geniuses ever working for Apples design team are looking pretty slim.
  • Reply 9 of 77
    Quote:

To me it looks about the same size. You'd have to know the real size of Steve's head to tell it is smaller.

That is a loaded question. Some say his head is the same size as the Goodyear blimp!
  • Reply 10 of 77
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Of course it's smaller the new iPod doesn't have the row of buttons.

• Reply 11 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

That is a loaded question. Some say his head is the same size as the Goodyear blimp!

Yeah I was begging for that wasn't I?
  • Reply 12 of 77
    The new scroll wheel isn't as close to the bottom as the previous one. Drop it a quarter of an inch and there "almost" room for the previous 4 buttons. The wheel does seem to be tinted slightly towards grey doesn't it? Hope we get specifics by the end of tomorrow.
  • Reply 13 of 77
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Why on earth would Apple try, and waste your money? Color screen - are you kidding? Here is the thinking behind that. Lets up the cost, and add ZERO functionality so they can look at black and white in color? All your doing is scrolling through songs. You idiots can biache about the most ridiculous traits you would like added, but they do nothing. The chances of any of you geniuses ever working for Apples design team are looking pretty slim.

You're the kind of guy that has zero vision. You don't ask for a color screen on an iPod so the menus look pretty! You want a color screen on the iPod because then the calendars will be color coded like on iCal, the games will look better, you can add lil screen savers or visualizations like on iTunes and if they make the screen larger someday, you could watch slideshows of your iPhoto pics. But all you could think about was the menu. The chances of you working for Apple's design team are looking pretty slim. Luckily, that's not what I'm interested in.
  • Reply 14 of 77
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

Story doesn't seem to be posted yet. MacRumors put this on their site but the cover is not on the Newsweek website as of yet.

It's on the Newsweek servers.

"http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Sections/Newsweek/ (line break)

Components/Photos/mag/040726_Issue/040717_COVER.320w.jpg"
  • Reply 15 of 77
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:

You don't f**k with success. It does look smaller somewhat. The color screen isn't there but so what.

What do you think is on the other side? A color widescreen.

This is why Jobs doesn't care if the pic gets released.

• Reply 16 of 77
    The white iPods are an icon now. People recognize the look and equate it with the best or most popular player on the planet.

I think Apple was smart to keep things very similar. No need to drastically change things until supply catches up with demand.

The iPod is about music. Anything else is auxillary.
  • Reply 17 of 77
    Come on now. Apple... Steve Jobs, has consistently said the iPod was not a video device. It is selling because it does audio well and is inter-grated into iTunes/iTMS. Color, in my opinion, is superfluous on this device, and would bring the price up and reduce battery life.

Sometimes less is more. In this case the success of the iPod proves that. There's a kind of "Supersize" mentality at times. More features, more things to go wrong, more things that people don't need.

Until the iPod stops selling - and there are signs that it is doing just the oppositee and now reaching full speed, Apple needs to do only one thing. Make it more affordable and available. We'll know about that by Monday I suspect.
  • Reply 18 of 77
    Quote:

here's a kind of "Supersize" mentality at times. More features, more things to go wrong, more things that people don't need.

And people wonder why software bloat exists.

I'm not asking for the world. Just play may damn music right.
  • Reply 19 of 77
    Speaking about Supersize, here's a higher rez pic:

• Reply 20 of 77
    The screen may not be color, but it still could have the ability to display pictures onto a TV.