Appleworks 7 may be coming. Good news

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    boemaneboemane Posts: 311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

Another nail in the Appleworks coffin is that it is not even listed on the Apple feedback page...

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Well, neither is the iBook, the iMac, eMac, Final Cut Express, Safari, none of the Pro apps (Except Final Cut Express), File Maker, Mail, etc. I think this page only lists the most "popular" feedback items.

Since noone has used AW in years (yeah, I know, I know), I doubt that there are a lot of feedback for the application...

.:BoeManE:.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    mccrabmccrab Posts: 201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by scam-fo-dog

There is really no need, as some people have said, It would be a waste of development money since MSOffice is already the industry standard and is great on OSX.

Office (or at least its proprietary file formats) are undoubtedly (and unfortunately, given that they are not open) the industry standard. And Office is fairly good. However, performance between Office on the PC and Office on OS X is considerably different. Try running a large spreadsheet in Excel between the two - X loses out. Try scrolling through large documents in Word - X loses out. Try moving a PowerPoint slideshow between XP and OS X - the file conversion is abject (printing falls to pieces, font spacing, line spacing etc do not convert).

An open file format, plus a few Apple R&D dollars could materially improve an Office suite. Look at what Apple have achieved with KeyNote, not to mention Safari.