"You must restart your computer"

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Do you have a canon scanner?

EDIT - scratch that, I should read all the page.

goto

http://www.google.com/search?q=+com....utf-8&oe=utf-8

the select the cached version of the first listing....

And yes me and google are good friends

OMG! That's all double dutch to me. This is why we run Apple kit - because we don't want to have to worry about any of this SH!T.

We don't have any Canon scanners, the only scanner we have is a UMAX and it has never been connected to this machine. We do however have a Canon printer, and it is used with this machine on a regular basis.

There was nothing before the backtrace...
  • Reply 22 of 24
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by jwri004

[B]Do you have a canon scanner?

I baught a cannon scanner at the apple store and it gave me nothing but trouble. I scanned one thing and it filled all avaliable and not so avaliable space on my computer.

I talked to the people at the apple store and asked what the .......

I still have it only used once. Anyone interested in buying it? CHEAP!
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Do you have a canon scanner?

Funny you should mention this. I just replaced a Canon scanner with an Epson scanner. For me, the Epson has been more of a problem.

The Canon had started running slowly and making ugly mechanical noises, but hadn't given me any software-related problems before I replaced it.

The new Epson, however, was giving me a lot of grief -- including three or four kernal panics -- until I caught on that it was the new Epson driver software, specifically the daemon which is supposed to run in the background and monitor the copy/scan/e-mail buttons on the scanner's front panel.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    I hate to suggest scanner software that is as expensive as your scanner but VueScan definitely earned its license fee in reduced headaches. Works with just about any scanner.