Is Keynote dead?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MPMoriarty

3) Rather than trying to create a brand new product like Entourage that handles e-mail, calendars, and contacts. Just keep on improving the current ones that come bundled with the operating system and create a new product for the office suite that ties them all together.

Something like this...

http://www.crm4mac.com/

Mike

Oh, I hope not. I see the separate apps (addressbook, ical, etc.) as a strength. I don't like relying on one app to do most all of my work for many reasons.

I agree with the posts above that note Apple must compete in the corporate space. Looks like Linux is already affecting MS (from latest MS financial reports) so pressure for them to drop pricing is already mounting. Apple could really see some gains in the next couple of years as they appear to be firing on many cylinders and MS is struggling with security, Shorthorn and moving people to XP and the new Office Suite.

Maybe we will see a new Keyote upgrade. I think however, Apple has more important fish to fry.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    The only problem with KN for 'me' is you don't get a QT Movie 'controller' bar (under a QT movie in a slide)..

rR
  • Reply 23 of 25
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    did no one notice macobserver's story on how apple quietly trademarked a.) everything 'pod (to prevent knock-off ePods and such) and b.) iWorks?

though getting a trademark, and then actually DOING anythign with it are two different things.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    I did like the CRm4mac feature of the address book integration. It is useful that you can click on a person and see all your appointments with them. Otherwise separate Apps is good, with good integration. iTunes should be more integrated with address book when you recommend to a friend.

However, Keynote needs updating. I heard it was really unstable.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    iWorks could be to stop 3rd party developers as well. Apple couldn't call a professional product 'i' it would be PowerWorks or something. The i appeals to home users, if Apple makes a Office rival it would have to appeal to everyone, that includes professionals, i don't see Apple making two versions.

Quote:

Originally posted by rok

did no one notice macobserver's story on how apple quietly trademarked a.) everything 'pod (to prevent knock-off ePods and such) and b.) iWorks?

though getting a trademark, and then actually DOING anythign with it are two different things.