Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 130
    Mine says on or before 10-12-04 lets hope it changes to sooner!!!!!!
  • Reply 42 of 130
    Quote:

we shall see what she who must be obeyed says......

Get a divorce and buy yourself the 1.8 G5 with 2 gigs of ram...

You'll be much happier, trust me...

Lemon BOn BOn
  • Reply 43 of 130
    sluslu Posts: 23member
    My ship date was 9/29...but it shipped today (9/14), so expect those initial orders to start arriving in a couple days or so. It only took my iPod two days to ship from Shanghi so....
  • Reply 44 of 130
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Mine is now in Anchorage. Expecting to see it Thursday.

Thanks Apple.
  • Reply 45 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by bpmendoza

My ship date still shows 9-29-04 - i'm hoping it doesn't change!

that day is coming soon mendoza...

well, i took the plunge and ordered the base 1.6 combo with bluetooth. i am excited about the upgradeability of this beasty! mine just says 3-4 weeks though (ordered through one-click). will keep y'all posted.
  • Reply 46 of 130
    I didn't order since I can get some discount for 5 percent something like that for a cash price. I'm located in Hong Kong, which is really close to the manufactour, which is Taiwan as I heard.

But the shop I'm going to buy from tham said the iMac will arrive at least mid-October....

I have the 2 pieces of 512MB RAM ready for my new iMac...

The local Apple office(no official apple store here)got some demo units but not yet have them distribute to the vendors.

Hope it can arrive soon.
  • Reply 47 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wizard_Drongo

I'm thinking of getting a 1.6 17", if I can. On a student budget and missus wil take some persuading. Was just gonna get an eMac, but for £350 extra i could have a G5 that's twice as fast with a better vid card.....we shall see what she who must be obeyed says......

you should be able to get a good deal on a student budget. My GF enquired about buying one as a student and a 20", 1 gb, bluetooth, airport extreme card, wireless kb and mouse and 3 year apple care came at 400 pounds less than the price for us working people. You cna either call their education hotline or access online for the discount (but you have to do it through your academic insitution).Who says students have it hard
  • Reply 48 of 130
    I ordered a IMG5 20/1.8/256MB/250GB/SD/BT/WL KBD/MSL on 8/31. Estimated ship date has been 9/29.

Today it has shipped!

The Fed Ex site has an Estimated delivery date of Oct 11, 2004. Ouch!

I have 2GB of ram and stack of Production Suite DVDs staring me down...
  • Reply 49 of 130
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I ordered mine a minute after the store opened... and promptly went back to bed.

20"

512MB RAM

250GB HD

AirPort Extreme

Bluetooth

I already have the BT keyboard and mouse. I also ordered a 512MB RAM chip from Crucial that will be here today.

Ship date was 9/30, but I got an email that it has shipped out this morning. I opted for the faster delivery, but it's coming from Shanghai... hope it's here next week.

I'll be getting the home office ready for her this weekend. I'm even contemplating a move back to the good ol' silver desk.
  • Reply 50 of 130
    I just ordered a 20" iMac with 512MB RAM, 250GB HD and built-in BT module, mouse and keyboard. I might get an Airport card and airport express later so I'm totally cable free. Well not quite, I wonder how long before we get Firewireless iPod docks

Geez I'm hanging. I used to be a Mac user back in the days (anyone remember System 7?). Now I'm one of the iPod first, iMac next switchbackers... way to go appple 8)

-- Bozonator
  • Reply 51 of 130
    I ordered a 20" with Airport Extreme, BT keyboard and mouse. I plan on upgrading the memory myself.

I also bought an AE base station so I plan on going nearly wireless (damn that power cord...)
  • Reply 52 of 130
    Alas, my case to the missus as to why I needed to spend well into next years student loan, as opposed to up to december wasn't made well enough. She who says yay or nay, she say nay.

So I got an eMac instead, and it shipped today. Should be here Monday/Tuesday. Still a good machine for a student to use, even though I am doing 3d computer animation.

Maybe I'll sell it next uyear, recoup most of the cash, and buy the new eMac then. Maybe even the new iMac when it hits revision B.
  • Reply 53 of 130
    I ordered a 20" with 2GB of RAM, 250GB harddisk and bluetooth! I already got bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and Airport Extreme waiting for it

So yes, you can call it a Maxed out iMac G5
  • Reply 54 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brodersen

I ordered a 20" with 2GB of RAM, 250GB harddisk and bluetooth! I already got bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and Airport Extreme waiting for it

So yes, you can call it a Maxed out iMac G5

that's kick ass dude, i want it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reply 55 of 130
    i ordered the 1.6 with bluetooth keyboard/mouse. i have my airport extreme card i pulled from my emac sitting here and waiting, i have a 512MB strip ready to jump into action. wow, power cord only. cant wait to lose all that clutter i have now you know my emac power cord, and ummm, the keyboard.. and umm oh yeah the mouse. Now my pc on the other hand...

apple canada store says "on or before Oct 14th". feels like a year away
  • Reply 56 of 130
    Here are pics of my new iMac 20" to tide you folks over until yours arrives!

http://dtibs.home.comcast.net/iMacG5
  • Reply 57 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Here are pics of my new iMac 20" to tide you folks over until yours arrives!

http://dtibs.home.comcast.net/iMacG5

Thanks for the pics, but DUDE! The background color! Seriously. Auugghh!
  • Reply 58 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Thanks for the pics, but DUDE! The background color! Seriously. Auugghh!

You know what? It wasn't white, which is all I cared about. I just clicked on a random color on the palette. What can I say, I'm a fashion accident.
  • Reply 59 of 130
    What a great post, PBG4 Dude !

Great pics and narrative ! !

Thanks
  • Reply 60 of 130
    anybody know how long it takes to get from Shanghai to west coast usa? My new iMac has been in China for 2 whole days Hope it doesn't take the 19 days fedex says for estimated delivery. I haven't been this excited in years. Much better than just going down to the store and picking it up.