Who's ordered an iMac, and which one?

Comments

• Reply 101 of 130
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I haven't ordered, but I heard I'll be getting a 17" iMac G5 soon.

For home that is.

So far - work : eMac 1,25 GHz and a G4 tower ..

and home, 12" Powerbook ..
  • Reply 102 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

I haven't ordered, but I heard I'll be getting a 17" iMac G5 soon.

For home that is.

So far - work : eMac 1,25 GHz and a G4 tower ..

and home, 12" Powerbook ..

I finally got mine this morning. I stayed home from work and it was so worth it. What a great little computer. The bluetooth option is well worth it. The flexibility to lay back with the keyboad in your lap is so nice. Using zoom I can type emails from accross the room! It sits totally solid, even when my cat decided to prop himself up on it and take a sniff around. I might just pick up a 20" iMac for a TV/DVD player for my living room (that is if my stocks keep climbing). noise-wise it does emit a gentle hum when under stress, mine is a 1.6 so maybe thats better than the 1.8s. I watched Star Wars DVD this morning on it and was frankly surprised and impressed with the speaker sound. I will not get external speakers and just keep my Airport Express hooked up to my home stereo for serious listening.

Its worth the wait
  • Reply 103 of 130
    5 weeks and counting, should arrive soon i hope\
  • Reply 104 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by s.metcalf

I've got a question about Bluetooth and the new iMacs. BT is not one of the user-upgradeable features, does this mean you have to get it serviced if you want to add bluetooth later? Also, if you get the wireless bundle (BT, Keyboard and mouse) but you want to add a wired mouse to the wireless keyboard, will that still work? What is the battery life on the mice and keyboards typically? It could get annoying if you have to replace the batteries every two or three months?

Just to correct myself on an earlier response to this question, I read on an apple support discussion the internal bluetooth is not soldered to the motherboard but is affixed with screws, the wiring may be sodered though. Mind you this was not posted by an apple tech but by a user.

If someone could explain to me where the bluetooth module should/would be on an iMac I will check as my new beauty has internal BT
  • Reply 105 of 130
    I can't remember where I saw the picture, but it did seem as though the BT module was attached with two screws. It would be really nice to know from someone who has one.
  • Reply 106 of 130
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    There's a thread somewhere here about a guy who received a replacement mid-plane assembly from Apple. This person reported the internal BT module is held in by two screws.
  • Reply 107 of 130
    Update

Quote:

Dear Apple Store Customer,

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store.

We trust you received our email indicating a revised ship date for the

product you ordered. We regret to inform you that we must revise the ship

date once again, as demand for the product remains beyond our expectations.

We now expect to ship your order by October 29th, 2004.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! *falls to knees in the rain*
  • Reply 108 of 130
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Strawberry

Update

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! *falls to knees in the rain*

Good thing you don't have your iMac yet. All that rain just wouldn't be good for it! Haha j/k hope you get a shipment notification tomorrow! You'll certainly enjoy your new machine!
  • Reply 109 of 130
    I can't wait! I sold my PC 3 months ago, and I can't get a look-in on my girlfriends iBook
  • Reply 110 of 130
    My iMac 20" has finally shipped!!! It took two "delay" emails but Apple finally did it. I guess that's why AAPL hit a new high!

Huzzah!!!

BTW: When I try to check the shipping status, I can't get in. I enter my order number etc but it never logs in. I'm pretty sure the problem is that it looks for a postcode. I live in Ireland where we don't have postcodes per se. I've tried various combinations but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Reply 111 of 130
    Try this url http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/. Apple use Kuehne & Nagel apparently. I have the same tracking problem and this seems to work.

Oh and my 20" iMac shipped yesterday from Shanghai !!! 7 days early!
  • Reply 112 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by spylaw4

Try this url http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/. Apple use Kuehne & Nagel apparently. I have the same tracking problem and this seems to work.

Oh and my 20" iMac shipped yesterday from Shanghai !!! 7 days early!

Thanks, it worked like a charm. Now i can drive myself crazy in a different way
  • Reply 113 of 130
    Mine shipped yesterday too! Should see it early next week
  • Reply 114 of 130
    octuber 4 th 20" iMac G5/BT/airport card and well still waiting ,and looks like short time waiting for what i have read ,but it's driving me crazy i'm counting the days to nov 5th ,my calendar on the wall looks all red

\ \
  • Reply 115 of 130
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    I ordered the 17" G5 iMac with 512 MB RAM (1 DIMM), 80 GN HDD, Apple Extreme Card and BT on October 28th. Hope it gets here soon! I Can't wait. At the present time I am using a 700 MHz 15" FP woth 256 MB RAM. The only word I have for it is...S...L...O...W!!!!!
  • Reply 116 of 130
    mehdimehdi Posts: 42member
    I ordered IMAC 20" with 512 Meg on one stick, 250Gig, Airport Extreme card, and BlueTooth KB and mouse on October 4th. Estimated deliver date is November 5th.

The iPod Photo 60GB I ordered on 10/29 has already shipped from Shanghai and is in Alaska. I rather not hook this up to my PC, so it's going to be real hard to wait for the iMac's arrival.

This is going to be my first Mac and I can hardly wait. Every weekend I go to the Apple store in the mall and get a bit more excited about having my own Mac.

-- Mehdi
  • Reply 117 of 130
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mehdi

I ordered IMAC 20" with 512 Meg on one stick, 250Gig, Airport Extreme card, and BlueTooth KB and mouse on October 4th. Estimated deliver date is November 5th.

smile... i'm still waiting for mine... ordered it september 6th
  • Reply 118 of 130
    for the ones that will "receive"the iMac of 20 " /BT/airport card,ordered on october 4th and 5th ,well well well,today is 31th just 5 days

note:PLEASE GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE,we are begging u
  • Reply 119 of 130
    In the end I went for:

17" 1.8 G5, 512Mb, 160Gb, BT, Wired Keyboard & Mouse

I know I could've got the wireless mouse/BT combo but I don't care too much for having to replace/recharge the batteries every couple of months and the cords won't bother me too much. Anyway, I got the BT module added (because I can't add it later) so I've got the option of adding wireless devices later if I want. And if I were to get a wireless mouse, I'd make sure it has a second button and a scroll wheel!

Can't wait to get it, 10 days and counting...This thing should go well with the 512Mb (over the crippled 256). And 160Gb should be plenty for a big music collection. The 20" just seemed like overkill, unless you're really into graphic design or home movies (which I'm not, just want it for surfing, music, email, odd game...). When I was comparing the two, the 17" looked "cute, good size" whereas the 20" was "wow that's big".
  • Reply 120 of 130
    Quote:

Originally posted by mehdi

Well, I got shipment notification today. It was picked up by FedEx at 1:50pm on November 1st in Shanghai! Estimated delivery date is still on the 5th. The wait is almost over...

I chose the slower, free shipment when I ordered. Drop shipping individual units from China is expensive! How could apple be making money on these?

-- Mehdi --