Tired of the 6800 crap? Email NVIDIA!

13

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by auslander

    Mine too!! Just got the email. Woohoo!!!



    Mine was supposed to ship on or before the 25th as well, but I didn't get an e-mail. <sniff> <sniff> Instead, my date to changed to "On or before Nov. 15th" today. Which is funny cause all I did was change the configuration to add OS X Server, which the said "won't change the date..." Argh! I don't know how much more I can take!
  • Reply 42 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by mikefl420

    Mine was supposed to ship on or before the 25th as well, but I didn't get an e-mail. <sniff> <sniff> Instead, my date to changed to "On or before Nov. 15th" today. Which is funny cause all I did was change the configuration to add OS X Server, which the said "won't change the date..." Argh! I don't know how much more I can take!



    Mine was supposed to ship on or before October 8th for the last month. Yesterday I got an email telling me it would be on or before Oct 15th, and I literally got the shipping email 30 mins ago. Tracked it, and it's on the way.



    So..the 6800s DO exist! Can't wait to check it out...
  • Reply 43 of 71
    Someone please post a review of the 6800 when you get it.
  • Reply 44 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iHarry

    My dual 2.5 WITH the 6800 has shipped!!!! My 30" display will ship on or before 10/25



    Harry! See Doug Smile! There are posts all over with the same news! I bet the 30" displays are rolling too! Watch your email!
  • Reply 45 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iHarry

    My dual 2.5 WITH the 6800 has shipped!!!! My 30" display will ship on or before 10/25



    WHAT WAS YOUR ORDER DATE????



    Don't tell me after June 28th! I'll kill someone!



  • Reply 46 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by UnixMac

    WHAT WAS YOUR ORDER DATE????



    Don't tell me after June 28th! I'll kill someone!







    Mine was July 13th.



    /runs



    \
  • Reply 47 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iHarry

    My dual 2.5 WITH the 6800 has shipped!!!! My 30" display will ship on or before 10/25



    My vendor got a shipping notice many weeks ago that my 30" display was shipping from China. He believes Apple didn't ship it to me because of the 6800's. They have them in a warehouse somewhere.



    PLUS, my vendor advised that if Apple sets a ship date during the week (mind you the 6800's are a story all on their own) it is "usually" a good date. If they set it for a Friday it gets shakey. 10/25, Monday, that is a good thing but I still expect you'll see it sooner than that.
  • Reply 48 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by auslander

    Mine was July 13th.



    /runs



    \






    Nothing against the Brits! I order mine here in the US 2 weeks before you did in the UK (where things are always slower to arrive), and I'm still waiting on my 6800! That dog don't hunt! I'm gonna chew someone at Apple for this!



  • Reply 49 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by UnixMac

    Nothing against the Brits! I order mine here in the US 2 weeks before you did in the UK (where things are always slower to arrive), and I'm still waiting on my 6800! That dog don't hunt! I'm gonna chew someone at Apple for this!







    Haha. Actually I'm *from* London, but I live in Chicago (25 yrs now). I'm also a developer, but I don't know if that makes any difference...
  • Reply 50 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by auslander

    Haha. Actually I'm *from* London, but I live in Chicago (25 yrs now). I'm also a developer, but I don't know if that makes any difference...



    ah.. thus the deutch.. auslander name!



    Anyway, I figure it's prolly due to the 30" that you're getting which can ONLY run with the 6800.. I have the 23" so I guess I can wait (apple thinks!).



    Well, at least make good use of it and develop us some good mac graphics apps!
  • Reply 51 of 71
    pbpb Posts: 4,237member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by auslander



    So..the 6800s DO exist! Can't wait to check it out...




    Of course. Hardmac says some Mac users in the US have already received their 6800. Apparently, none of them is reading these boards.
  • Reply 52 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by UnixMac

    ah.. thus the deutch.. auslander name!



    Anyway, I figure it's prolly due to the 30" that you're getting which can ONLY run with the 6800.. I have the 23" so I guess I can wait (apple thinks!).



    Well, at least make good use of it and develop us some good mac graphics apps!




    Yeah - auslander = foreigner etc.



    I'm not getting a 30". I currently use a 23" and a 20", but I wanted the 6800 so that one day I *could* use one or two 30" monitors (finances permitting).



    I work in audio..so you'll be waiting a while for any graphics apps from me..haha.
  • Reply 53 of 71
    iharryiharry Posts: 42member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by auslander

    Mine was July 13th.



    /runs



    \




    August 16th. The 30" display has not arrived yet.
  • Reply 54 of 71
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I ordered mine on the 18th of August, and as I did it thru a third party, I am unable to look up a shipping date. So I have always been gonig to the Apple website and mocking up an order.... just to see what ship date it would give.



    On both the Australian and US Apple sites, they have always said late october for the 6800... until today.



    The US still says late october, but now the Australian site is saying 6-8 days. Hopefully this means I'll be getting mine soon... but it is more than likely a glitch on the Apple site... we are always last for stuff down here, I would hate for then to change anything now.
  • Reply 55 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iDunno

    I ordered mine on the 18th of August, and as I did it thru a third party, I am unable to look up a shipping date. So I have always been gonig to the Apple website and mocking up an order.... just to see what ship date it would give.



    On both the Australian and US Apple sites, they have always said late october for the 6800... until today.



    The US still says late october, but now the Australian site is saying 6-8 days. Hopefully this means I'll be getting mine soon... but it is more than likely a glitch on the Apple site... we are always last for stuff down here, I would hate for then to change anything now.




    The 6 to 8 days just might be true. I know with the 6800's for PC's they were being built / assembled in various places around the world. The possibility that Apple's doing the same I would guess is very real. You may have them being built near you and without the U.S. back log. They do seem to be shipping ahead of the scheduled dates with only an email saying they have shipped.



    Mine is "scheduled" for 10/29 and my hope is a surprise shipping notice any time now.
  • Reply 56 of 71
    lenlen Posts: 11member
    Has anyone who took the ATI 9600 deal as a temporary substitute gotten their 6800 yet?



    -Len
  • Reply 57 of 71
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!



    Fellas, my supplier just rang and informed me that my dual 2 G5 with 6800 has arriver and is waiting for me to pick it up... there goes my weekend hanging out with my girlfriend!



    Not bad considering I ordered on Aug 18th, and planty of Yanks who ordered a lot earlier than I are still waiting. I guess living down in Australia has finally had an advantage.



    iDunno
  • Reply 58 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by iDunno

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

    I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!I GOT IT! I GOT IT!



    Fellas, my supplier just rang and informed me that my dual 2 G5 with 6800 has arriver and is waiting for me to pick it up... there goes my weekend hanging out with my girlfriend!



    Not bad considering I ordered on Aug 18th, and planty of Yanks who ordered a lot earlier than I are still waiting. I guess living down in Australia has finally had an advantage.



    iDunno






    "The 6 to 8 days just might be true."



    This is one time it pleases me to say I told you so!



    You will post your "first impressions" right?
  • Reply 59 of 71
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    lol, got it home this morning...

    First Impression:



    WHERE'S MY MONITOR!!!! I have had an iMac for the last four years, and I wasn't expecting the G5 so soon, so I am yet to get out and actually buy a monitor for it. So my new G5 with 6800 is on my floor, nothing but a paperweight.
  • Reply 60 of 71
    Quote:

    Originally posted by len

    Has anyone who took the ATI 9600 deal as a temporary substitute gotten their 6800 yet?



    -Len




    Mine has shipped.
Sign In or Register to comment.