1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 95
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dahacouk

Tabs For Mail

Cheers Daniel

What, did you forget to bring your 'this is a hoax' soapbox today? How about a small "sorry I was wrong" to AI instead of just rolling on as if you didn't accuse AI of not "verifying their sources".
  • Reply 82 of 95
    How Now Senior Member DaveGee!

To clarify...

I never said this was a hoax. I was only reporting what other people had said on another website.

I always wanted it to be true but asked for reasons why the image had been doctored.

Amorph kindly replied with answers to my 4 point concerns. Very plausible answers they were too. But only number 4 remained viable because...

Kasper then kindly replied with even more plausible answers to my first 3 points - because he knew. The image had been doctored.

Plus, I never accused 'AI of not "verifying their sources" ' but I did ask them if they would "Please verify your sources" (there is a difference! ;-) . What I should have written and, in fact meant, was "Please verify with your sources".

It's not in my interests to accuse people of anything. I only seek clarity.

As for a soapbox I've always found them rather cumbersome to lug around.

Anyway, it's lovely to see you reading my posts! ;-)

What a great UI, eh?

I hope Apple extend it to all their apps.

Cheers Daniel
  • Reply 83 of 95
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Maybe because Flash is a horrid creature that needs to be put to sleep...on Macs at least.

And this proprietary Quicktime solution isn't worse?
  • Reply 84 of 95
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I find Windows' sidebars frustrating for a couple of reasons, and I hope Apple doesn't make the same mistakes.

There is more than one place to change and list those sidebars. There are Explorer bars (Search, History, Folders, etc.) in Explorer plus there are the "Common Tasks" sidebars which are tucke dinto the Folder options. Outlook allows more than one sidebar on the left, but Explorer only allows one at a time. So if you have the tree (folders) explorer bar open, you can't see the common tasks. Also, despite having this "Folders" directory view in a sidebar, Windows does the somehwat unexpected thing of moving navigation and location items in the sidebar. I'm thinking of the specific but common instance of when I want to connect to another office computer through the network. This thing is rather elusive unless I either go to my desktop icon or my Start menu, depending on how they're configured (I don't think you can have both a desktop icon and the icon in the Start menu at the same time, but that's no big deal to me). Frankly, I still don't think Apple has this network navigation thing right either, so I can't get too upset. Anyway, I just feel like I have to go to two or three diferrent places in order to navigate through the filesystem in windows, and that the "common tasks" sidebar is a mixed metaphor of locations, actions, and info. I just want the first bit of info to be kept fairly discrete.

Apple has a source view sidebar now, and, IMO, it looks like the righthand sidebar in the Spotlight window is more of a Windows "Common Tasks" type of sidebar -- a set of filters in that case, which is an interesting spin on the idea. I think that's a good approach, or rather, it would be a good approach if it's true.
  • Reply 85 of 95
    Being a multimedia developer and using both flash and quicktime on a regular basis, they both have their place in the web space. I develop exclusivly in the mac environment, I use a pc to check my work and thats about it.

Flash has made incredible leaps since the days of flash 3 and quicktime keeps evolving at an amazing clip for its primary use being a video player and if your a quictime pro user it is one of the most useful tools any media developer or editor could have.

zen
  • Reply 86 of 95
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

Maybe because Flash is a horrid creature that needs to be put to sleep...on Macs at least.

Well, I hope not. Because a lot of designers (like me) depend on it. If Macromedia would put Flash on Mac asleep, we would be forced to use pc's to do our job. Yuk !

If you mean, 'made better on Mac, so it's on par with the Windows version', then I agree.

The gap is narrowing, however.
  • Reply 87 of 95
    Christ, it's horrible. It's not "subtle", it's plain and boring.

Looks like a Microsoft thing.
  • Reply 88 of 95
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    You know, people throw that "it's like Microsoft" slur around way too much. Even if it does suck, that doesn't necessarily make it anything like what Microsoft would do or has done. It's a catch-all.
  • Reply 89 of 95
    I need those images. If anyone has a copy please email them to me at [email protected]
  • Reply 90 of 95
    I'd love to see this.

Anyone made a backup?

Please send me the screenshot, please.

tom-at-macyoung.nl

Will trade for Gmail invite

[edit]Already have 'em...[/edit]
  • Reply 91 of 95
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

And this proprietary Quicktime solution isn't worse?

Quicktime for interactive multimedia is no more proprietary than Flash.

Especially as you can add Flash 'tracks' to a Quicktime movie, combined with other types of tracks... so you could use Flash for the UI and a Quicktime codec for some video, for example. It'd all play back through the Quicktime player.

Amorya
  • Reply 92 of 95
    Quote:

Originally posted by dahacouk

Tabs For Mail

I have added the following to our Apple Mac OS X Wish List:

Tabs in Safari enables the user to open up a new viewing pane but without having to open up new application window. Tabs are about workflow. Please introduce Tabs for Mail. Eudora has something similar where your last folders are tabbed. Would be great!

Cheers Daniel

Can I make a suggestion to add to the Mail.app list...?

How about allowing the Dock icon for Mail display ALL unread messages, not just ones in the INBOX. I set-up auto filtering at work, but the number of emails NEVER matches the actual unread emails because the icon only displays unread mail in the INBOX... NOT the cumulative number that have been auto-filtered to various subdirectories.

just a thought.
  • Reply 93 of 95
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And I, OTOH, was thrilled to see it be Inbox only... I filter out mailing lists and such that I may not get to for days, since they're low priority. I just want to know if there's anything *for me* waiting.

Uhoh, sounds like an option...
  • Reply 94 of 95
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott Finlayson

Can I make a suggestion to add to the Mail.app list...?

Which Mail.app list?

Cheers Daniel
  • Reply 95 of 95
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

And I, OTOH, was thrilled to see it be Inbox only... I filter out mailing lists and such that I may not get to for days, since they're low priority. I just want to know if there's anything *for me* waiting.

Uhoh, sounds like an option...

I don't want to see my folders counted either. Option would be fine though.