Apple unveils faster iBook with built-in wireless networking

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 68
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kiwimac

I managed to get the last rev of the iBook 12" (1Ghz, no airport)for cheep and yes the graphics card isnt the best but you can still play some games ok, nothing to write to the press about but it is better then doing work in class

Also as a iBook user I don't really care if i can't use core image/video in Tiger just as long as i can run Tiger

My sister got the same machine as you last week. She's very happy with it! It's a nice upgrade for her over her old 300 Mhz PB.
  • Reply 62 of 68
    I just configured a new 12" iBook for my aunt and I have to admit, it's a pretty decent machine. I was concerned about the screen size at first, but after having some experience with an older one and this new one, I can definitely say that the screen's not hard on the eyes. It's even keeping up with my late-model Tibook with regards to general computing tasks. I think she'll be pleased with the cost/performance ratio she's getting out of this notebook.
  • Reply 63 of 68
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

It's a name for a collection of components. To call your computer a Centrino without pissing off Intel legal dept., you have to use an Intel Pentium M, Intel's chipset and Intel's WLAN. There are plenty laptops out there, for instance, that have a WLAN from another manufacturer and therefore are not Centrinos.

Mostly right, but not quite: Centrino = Pentium M, Celeron M or Pentium 4 M + Intel Northbridge chipset, and Intel Chipset with intergrated Wi/fi + The Worst OS on the planet aka Microsoft Windows XP Home/Proffesional/Multi-media/Tablet PC Edition

Just my $00.02AUD
  • Reply 64 of 68
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pyriX

Mostly right, but not quite: Centrino = Pentium M, Celeron M or Pentium 4 M + Intel Northbridge chipset, and Intel Chipset with intergrated Wi/fi + The Worst OS on the planet aka Microsoft Windows XP Home/Proffesional/Multi-media/Tablet PC Edition

Just my $00.02AUD

Pentium 4-M is not included in the classification for processor that can be included in a "Centrino" notebook.
  • Reply 65 of 68
    pyrixpyrix Posts: 264member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Pentium 4-M is not included in the classification for processor that can be included in a "Centrino" notebook.

Really? I always thought it was. Some of the white box vendors I've seen are in trouble then.