I just turned 21!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

immature jackasses

It just occured to me that some people don't understand the concept of "friends taking me out for a couple of drinks" because they don't have many, and based on your posts we can see why. Quit ruining the guys birthday post just because you're misserable. and how's this for immature

• Reply 22 of 63
    rara Posts: 623member
    It's official: he must be dead!
  • Reply 23 of 63
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Do you have friends?

Quote:

It just occured to me that some people don't understand the concept of "friends taking me out for a couple of drinks" because they don't have many, and based on your posts we can see why. Quit ruining the guys birthday post just because you're misserable. and how's this for immature

in the game of how many friends I have vs you I'm pretty sure I'd win easily. But it really doesn't matter. You consider people here your friends.

As for being miserable..... well, I'd beg to differ. I'm the most arrogant self indulgent and happy with where I am son of a bitch you'll ever meet and I think I'm doing fairly well for myself.

What can you say for yourself? Not much if you have to go get shit faced and then post about it to your imaginary online friends I'd imagine
  • Reply 24 of 63
    We like to jab you because you have a tendency to make fun of us dorks on online forums without realizing that you keep on coming back to the same forum that we do. If you finally do live up to your claims of Olympian coolness, I reckon you should be in bed with four or five hot chicks from the UCLA volleyball team, who are in town for the game. I would like some pictures, because I'm a dork, and would be thrilled to live vicariously through you.

You may think I'm being heavily sarcastic. That's not entirely true: if you are actually in bed with five chicks, I do want photos. But instead you're on a message board full of dorks.

Anyway, mix something easy, like a white russian or a rum and coke, turn on whatever late night movie is playing on the superstation, and relax. I don't think a few drinks will hurt your boat rowing ability.
  • Reply 25 of 63
    Quote:

We like to jab you because you have a tendency to make fun of us dorks on online forums without realizing that you keep on coming back to the same forum that we do. If you finally do live up to your claims of Olympian coolness, I reckon you should be in bed with four or five hot chicks from the UCLA volleyball team, who are in town for the game. I would like some pictures, because I'm a dork, and would be thrilled to live vicariously through you.

You may think I'm being heavily sarcastic. That's not entirely true: if you are actually in bed with five chicks, I do want photos. But instead you're on a message board full of dorks.

Anyway, mix something easy, like a white russian or a rum and coke, turn on whatever late night movie is playing on the superstation, and relax. I don't think a few drinks will hurt your boat rowing ability.

my interest is what is your life.

that's the sad part.

princeton, smart guy, graduated. engineering. where are you now in life? complaining about your roommate wanting a cat on an internet message board about a computer company.

way to go.
  • Reply 26 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Dude, there's one particular person on these boards who sounds more and more like a dick every single day. I can't remember the last time that person posted something that wasn't making fun of someone (in a negative way), complaining about something (in a negative way), or boasting about something (in an annoying conceited way).

No, and I'm not the one I'm talking about.

I'd love to see what skeletons are locked in that closet. And he has the cajones to tell others to get a life?

• Reply 27 of 63
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Happy Birthday ya old fart

Fellows

Thanks
  • Reply 28 of 63
    applenut, you have some issues son, get some help...

Oh, and happy belated birthday ShawnJ
  • Reply 29 of 63
    oops. Happy Birthday. rock on.
  • Reply 30 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

my interest is what is your life.

princeton, smart guy, graduated. engineering. where are you now in life?

I'm 23 years old. I graduated 5 months ago. It's not like this is an "in 20 years" situation. I'm in Florida working for a company I co-founded during college, and managed to get a bunch of private equity funding in a down market. If the company sells out a few years down the road, then you can use that as a metric for yourself to eclipse.

As you'll find, the crazy thing about real-life is that it quickly becomes what you collegiate swingers would call no-life. I spend a lot of time at the office, since the cause is very dear to me. It's nice to interact from time to time with people who aren't my co-workers, and aren't a bunch of skanky chicks at the nightclub/bar down the block. I also play a lot of soccer, since the weather rocks all year round down here.

So I have no gripes about spending a Friday night drinking sprite, watching TV, and having an occasional AI post. But I would suggest to you that you go out and build your own memories, rather than hearing about ours, (and subsequently making fun of us) because college is a wild time, and it's not worth wasting a perfectly good Friday night on us old-timers. I bet Shawn is having a great time right now. College was fun.
  • Reply 31 of 63
    Happy birthday SPJ.
  • Reply 32 of 63
    Quote:

But as for Applenut, I think Mr. Morrissey has the right idea...

Oh you take him too seriously. I think he's a hoot. He's so arrogant, so obnoxious, his attacks are always so over-the-top and uncalled for, he's like a caricature. Anyway, he makes me laugh.

Quote:

Originally posted by Spliney

But instead you're on a message board full of dorks.

Excuse me? I think you've made a bit of a mistake here, haven't you? You are all dorks......with the possible exception of Hassan. But that could be just the swathy, mysterious sheik on an Arab stallion role that I've cast him as in my imagination. He probably is a dork in real life.

I, on the other hand, am all class. An island of cool in a sea of dweebs.

Quote:

Originally posted by The Rampant Phallus

Well, if he's lucky, somebody did.

Shawn has an extremely gorgeous gf who looks to me like she's far too good for him. (Shawn if there are pictures of her lying about the internets, you might want to go remove them now - tonton is the last person you want oggling the gf).

I have always assumed their knowledge of each other has traversed the carnal realm. No thank you Shawn, I do not want to know if this is in fact the case. What you do in your most intimate moments is of no interest to me and elaborating on it will only convince me you are common and uncouth (shudder). See that is why I am the epitome of all that is chic and in good taste and why, for instance, Splinemodel is not.

tonton are you paying attention?

Getting back to the matter at hand, is the US ever going to get over this whole no drinking until you're 21 thing? You can vote, have sex, get married, pretty much everything by the time you're 18, what's the hang up with booze?

It is a source of despair to me that the only people in this thread who will understand and correctly interpret my words are Hassan and a Frenchman. Perhaps that is further evidence that Hassan may be genuinely cool. Unfortunately, while he is perceptive, the Frog is most definitely an old dork.

Smilies are for dorks. That's why there are none in this post.

Now excuse me. I have an important engagement to attend with other members of the hoy polloy.
  • Reply 33 of 63
    I am cool, Crazychester, and my dorkitude extends no further than posting nonsense on this forum, I assure you. And I knew you were all class from the first.

But I've met Tonton, and he even knows What I Do For a Living (and I declare Tonton a rather splendid chap without reservation). But here I spill the beans.

I am a six-foot Jewish pre-op trannie and I run a body art parlour for household pets. I pierce Pekingese.

edit: on horseback.
  • Reply 34 of 63
    Quote:

A few beers do not a hangover make, especially if you're drinking Guiness, which is only 3.2% alcohol.

Where do you buy this watered-down Guinness? In Ireland, it's 4.9% all the way baby.
  • Reply 35 of 63
    Thanks Tonton. (For the exceptions ... I know )

Crazychester : yes I am an old dork (un vieux pauvre type) and let's say a loser, because (and Hassan will remember without any hesitation this quote) any people with more than 700 post are losers. I think that you missed this episode, but I don't think it was a great loss.

And yes the 21 old thing is pure non sense.

BTW I did not understand your song with the tits : my english is not so good, and some play on words are beyond me.

Hassan, you are becoming mysterious : are you willing to replace The Installer ? .
  • Reply 36 of 63
    Quote:

I've been scolded.

So... you want to know more about Hassan...?

No you haven't.

No I don't. I knew you wouldn't understand. And after I told you to pay attention too.

I hope you're not posting while having sex again tonton.

Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan

I am cool, Crazychester

Right it's settled then Chester and Hassan are the only cool members (I'm not entirely convinced about you Hassan but I'm prepared to keep up the pretense). Everybody else are dorks. Don't worry, you still have an important role to play. In order for the universe to continue unfolding as it should, the dork to cool person ratio must be maintained at roughly 9,000:1.

Quote:

I pierce Pekingese.

Lucky Pekingese.

Quote:

on horseback.

Or horse, perhaps.

Quote:

I am a six-foot Jewish pre-op trannie and I run a body art parlour for household pets.

Now looky here, the thing with imaginary friends is it's the one doing the imagining, and not the imagined, that gets to decide who and what they're like. This is, of course, their great advantage over real friends, who have a nasty habit of doing their own thang.

However, I've decided I may be able to work this into the scenario. I'm thinking I could have you leading a double life or sporting an alter-ego. Possibly even a doppleganger. I'll have to flesh it out a bit more.

Quote:

any people with more than 700 post are losers.

Yes this is how the Universal Dork to Cool Cat Ratio is maintained. It ensures a steady supply of new dorks. The inverse is that "The Cool" - in this case Hassan and I - just keep getting cooler the more our post count rises.

Neat huh?

Quote:

BTW I did not understand your song with the tits

No I know you didn't and that you said it was wonderful just to be polite. I gave as many clues as I could without becoming uncool as it is well known only dorks and Americans explain jokes. And yes often they're one and the same thing.

I thought you could have done better though. It was a play on words not at all dissimilar to a double entendre. But given about 10 % of the time I haven't got the foggiest what you're on about, and that I often look at stuff I've written and think I should simplify it and get rid of expressions likely to confuse a non-native English speaker but then usually decide to let it go in order to intentionally baffle you, I guess we're more or less even in our comprehension skills.

Quote:

Hassan, you are becoming mysterious

Mysterious maybe but as one who some years ago received (cross my heart and hope to die) a letter from a cross dressing man asking (very politely) if I would teach him ballet so he could prance about in tutus, and given I seriously considered agreeing to do so 'cause I figured I could charge well above my normal fee due to the kinkyness factor, Hassan needs to turn the outlandishness dial up to 11. Possibly even 13. And that's before I even factor in the weirdness resulting from 13 years of Catholic schooling.

But the Pekingese is a start.
  • Reply 37 of 63
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    If you could secure a trained tapeworm there CC, you *know* you could get at leat 5X out of me.

...although, if you insist on the dead fish gig...maybe only 3X.
  • Reply 38 of 63
    Actually, quite to the contrary of Hassan and Chester's forum high fiving... I am the only cool member here, what with my oakley's, tommy hilfiger shirts and oversized levis jeans, I am the essence of cool, say six years ago...

In a related topic, happy 21st SPJ, and you can rent cars before you are 25, it is just that they are really expensive....
  • Reply 39 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Robin Hood

Where do you buy this watered-down Guinness? In Ireland, it's 4.9% all the way baby.

The Guiness sold in America is 3.2%. I used to go to beer distributor gatherings with some regularity (partly realted to the job), and I remember being surprised myself.
  • Reply 40 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Neat huh?

No I know you didn't and that you said it was wonderful just to be polite. I gave as many clues as I could without becoming uncool as it is well known only dorks and Americans explain jokes. And yes often they're one and the same thing.

I thought you could have done better though. It was a play on words not at all dissimilar to a double entendre. But given about 10 % of the time I haven't got the foggiest what you're on about, and that I often look at stuff I've written and think I should simplify it and get rid of expressions likely to confuse a non-native English speaker but then usually decide to let it go in order to intentionally baffle you, I guess we're more or less even in our comprehension skills.

The problem is that, if my written english is not that bad, double entrendre suppose Ã* good pronunciation and here come the problems ...

Perhaps also, the aussie pronunciation is special ... (but I doubt it is)

Anyway thanks for stimulating an old dork like me, in order to make him improve his english. You think my case is not desperate, and coming from you that's enough compliment for a whole week.