I just turned 21!

Comments

• Reply 41 of 63
    Quote:

BTW I did not understand your song with the tits

I think I just heard that tonight. Something about "how much do your tits weigh," spoken with a thick sco-ish accent. (A scottish friend is moving back to scotland on monday), and he brought to the bar all of his "punting club," that bets religiously on the outcomes of premiership league games.

Nevertheless, I was totally lost during the whole tit weighing process. I've tried to adopt an aussie accent, because it's the closest I can fake (Melbournian is too tough, but I can fake Brisbane passably), since all the girlies (erm, "sheilas") jump at accents like flies to shit.
  • Reply 42 of 63
    . ... Jimzip is cool.. he is.. don't you realise that everyone that talks about themselves in the 3rd person is cool!?

Jimzip does.

Also:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!

Belated, yes, but still it's worth saying it. Hope you had a great time.

Jimzip

• Reply 43 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

If you could secure a trained tapeworm there CC, you *know* you could get at leat 5X out of me.

...although, if you insist on the dead fish gig...maybe only 3X.

Shit, I thought I was the only one who filed away obscure bits of information about members, only to whip it out at a later date leaving them somewhat gobsmacked.

This leads me to speculate that you might in fact be cool, while Hassan is just another garden variety dork.

Quote:

Originally posted by Harsky

Actually, quite to the contrary of Hassan and Chester's forum high fiving... I am the only cool member here

No you're tragi-cool. It's not the same thing as classy cool. Avoiding the slide into tragi-cool is something the truly cool must constantly guard against.

Thanks for reminding us!

Fortunately, you don't upset The Ratio.

Quote:

Originally posted by El Splino

The Guiness sold in America is 3.2%.

What's Splinemodel been drinking? Watered down Guinness = Dork

What's Chester been drinking? Moet and Chandon at $145 a pop that somebody else paid for = cool

I rest my case.

The 10% Incomprehensibility Factor at work:

Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

The problem is that, if my written english is not that bad,

I'm with you up to there

Quote:

double entrendre suppose Ã* good pronunciation and here come the problems ...

No freakin' idea what you're saying. None whatsoever. I've tried to figure it out but, nope, sorry, no can do. You might as well be speaking French.

Quote:

Perhaps also, the aussie pronunciation is special ... (but I doubt it is)

My French pronunciation/accent, when speaking French is totally crap. It would probably make you cry. However, my French accent when speaking English is rather good. I am at a loss to explain this.

Quote:

You think my case is not desperate, and coming from you that's enough compliment for a whole week.

This made me laugh very, very hard and loud and long.

Then, after I stopped laughing, it made me really paranoid because combined with 702's comments I'm thinking that I've left myself way too exposed around here. Hmmm. That's a worry.

Quote:

Originally posted by The Splined

how much do your tits weigh

Well, not mine but according to Powerdoc, some people's weigh more than 4 kg (each). That's enough to suffocate you Spliney.

I gather you're a member of the "punting club? So you've gone out drinking with a Scot who is on his last big night out and the night has degenerated to "how much do your tits weigh" banter. I can imagine the scene in such exquisite detail, it's like watching reality TV.

But it's not my tit song.

Quote:

I've tried to adopt an aussie accent, because it's the closest I can fake (Melbournian is too tough, but I can fake Brisbane passably), since all the girlies (erm, "sheilas") jump at accents like flies to shit.

I'd be impressed if this was true. It's very hard for others to accurately imitate. Even Poms. Americans nearly always end up sounding like Cockneys (although, of course, in their own mind they think they sound ridgey didge), Meryl Streep in "Evil Angels" is a good example.

Best I've ever heard by an American was Robert Downey Junior in "Natural Born Killers". Occasionally he slips up. But on the whole, a brilliant effort.

You seem to be pretty up on the lingo, cobber.
  • Reply 44 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jimzip

. ... Jimzip is cool.. he is.. don't you realise that everyone that talks about themselves in the 3rd person is cool!?

Jimzip does.

Well for starters, as you're Australian, you wouldn't be a dork, you'd be a dag. But as you are Australian you must, ipso facto, be cool. This seems to leave us with 4 Cool People (me, Jimzip, Hassan and 702) - an excess of 2 Cool above what is required to satisfy The Ratio according to current membership numbers. Seems to me there are three possibilities here:

1. The world is about to end.

2. Two of you are fakes.

3. There are "Reserve Cools" or "Cools-in-Waiting". How one becomes cool is something of a mystery even to the cool. Are the cool chosen or are they born into it, Dalai Lama style? Whatever the case, it could be that the third cool person that will be required when the membership hits 27,000 is being prepared ahead of time (with a back up in case they suffer some unfortunate accident between now and then). Or perhaps "extras" are needed to maintain The Ratio while we're midway between 18,000 and 27,000. Another alternative is that the Reserves give the full-time cool a chance for some R&R. To be world weary occasionally is very cool. Or they step in to fill the breach when the cool slip up as, yes sadly, the cool sometimes do.

So when I spend a ludicrous amount of money on handmade chocolates for my mother for Xmas (think of an amount you think it would be stupid to pay for chocolates and multiply it by ten) and then, today, leave them sitting in the car to melt into an amorphous, unsightly glob, one of the reserves fills in for the cool person who has temporarily become a complete, fucking, daggy, dorky idiot of the first order.

What can I say? Thanks for being there for me guys.

To continue blocking out the suicidal thoughts, I'm now going to go and spew more drivvle elsewhere.
  • Reply 45 of 63
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Seems to me there are three possibilities here:

1. The world is about to end.

2. Two of you are fakes.

3. There are "Reserve Cools" or "Cools-in-Waiting". How one becomes cool is something of a mystery even to the cool. Are the cool chosen or are they born into it, Dalai Lama style? Whatever the case, it could be that the third cool person that will be required when the membership hits 27,000 is being prepared ahead of time (with a back up in case they suffer some unfortunate accident between now and then). Or perhaps "extras" are needed to maintain The Ratio while we're midway between 18,000 and 27,000. Another alternative is that the Reserves give the full-time cool a chance for some R&R. To be world weary occasionally is very cool. Or they step in to fill the breach when the cool slip up as, yes sadly, the cool sometimes do.

So when I spend a ludicrous amount of money on handmade chocolates for my mother for Xmas (think of an amount you think it would be stupid to pay for chocolates and multiply it by ten) and then, today, leave them sitting in the car to melt into an amorphous, unsightly glob, one of the reserves fills in for the cool person who has temporarily become a complete, fucking, daggy, dorky idiot of the first order.

What can I say? Thanks for being there for me guys.

To continue blocking out the suicidal thoughts, I'm now going to go and spew more drivvle elsewhere.

Fakes??! Whatever makes you say that?!

. . .

Well it isn't Jimzip .. Let's get that settled..

There, it's settled.

Now let's party like it 1839!!

Jimzip
  • Reply 46 of 63
    This thread's evolution into a full out nutt-kicking contest and "I'm cool too" thread is why I come here.

Oh and did I already say Happy Birthday?
  • Reply 47 of 63
    You know Chester, tragi-cool is the new black...

How is The Mason doing, btw?
  • Reply 48 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

You know Chester, tragi-cool is the new black...

How is The Mason doing, btw?

Uh. When I begged him to take me out the back and shoot me while despairing about the chocolate disaster, he refused, saying this is precisely the reason he keeps me around. Because when I spend a small fortune on chocolate that starts off looking like a work of art but ends up resembling a dog turd, it means more chocolate for him.

Come to think of it, this is the second chocolate incident we've had recently. He keeps chocolate bars secreted about the bed for midnight snacks. But a few weeks back, he fell asleep during one such snack. Being too close to the source of body heat, the chocolate ended up smeared all through the bed and all over one half of his face - although he was oblivious to this until he got up for a piss, looked in the mirror and thought he'd contracted some horrible disease in his sleep.

But OK, I'm impressed. Some of you are obviously paying far more attention than I've given you credit for.
  • Reply 49 of 63
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member

What's Chester been drinking? Moet and Chandon at $145 a pop that somebody else paid for = cool

Damn, I only pay 20 $ for that, and in fact I never pay for Champagne. I will admit that Dom Perignom is a more expansive stuff, that I did not drink since a long time.

The 10% Incomprehensibility Factor at work:

Well I clearly understand what a tit is or are ... I can see what is the gun of the hunter, but I have no clue of what fare tits means, or more simply fare. If the play on words is based upon common phonetic, then you must have a good pronounication in order to have the good phonetic : I mean two words written differently, but with the same pronounciation (read phonetic). Problems if you don't have the correct phonetic, you will not see the link between those two words.

I'm with you up to there

No freakin' idea what you're saying. None whatsoever. I've tried to figure it out but, nope, sorry, no can do. You might as well be speaking French.

My French pronunciation/accent, when speaking French is totally crap. It would probably make you cry. However, my French accent when speaking English is rather good. I am at a loss to explain this.

My french imitation of a french speaking english is wonderful ...

This made me laugh very, very hard and loud and long.

Happy to made you laugh

Then, after I stopped laughing, it made me really paranoid because combined with 702's comments I'm thinking that I've left myself way too exposed around here. Hmmm. That's a worry.

Don't worry, you can't be exposed so far away Dorky park.

But it's not my tit song.

We are not noun either

B][/QUOTE]
  • Reply 50 of 63
    Where the hell do you get this from white man?

Quote:

fare tits

The song:

Fal de ra

Fal de re

Poor big tit in a tree

Lonely big tit

Meets another tit

So there can be three!

But down came the farmer

With his great big gun

Says he, "These little tits

Give me the shittlebits"

And the gun went bang

And the tits went clang

And he shot the tree in the tits

<WHAT!?>

Shot the tits in the tree

Fal de re

Fal de.......tit

No fare tits. Right? Ignore the fal de ra business. It's like in The Happy Wanderer (There's a link for you to not follow. BTW how's your German?)

I'm only going to try this one more time. The play on words concerns the word "tit". It has nothing to do with pronunciation but rather that "tit" in English has at least two different meanings. To wit:

1. tit - either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman

2. tit - small insectivorous birds. For example, the blue tit or mésange bleue.

So "shot the tree in the tits"/"shot the tits in the tree".

Get it?

No I didn't think so.

(Sigh)

Quote:

Happy to made you laugh

So am I. The way things are going it's likely to be my last laugh for a while.

Quote:

We are not noun either

Great. I'm so glad we're not noun. Whatever the hell that means.

Sorry I made you 7 less than you are 709 by calling you 702. Don't know how that happened. Well, I do actually but I'm not going to tell you.
  • Reply 51 of 63
    Thanks Crazychester, granted your perseverance I finally understand. I was focused on fal de ra, fal de tits, and at the light of the german song, I understand that it means nothing more than the french la la la lere.

Shame on me

PS : I expect that you are just annoyed by AI, and nothing more serious.
  • Reply 52 of 63
    Quote:

Thanks Crazychester, granted your perseverance I finally understand. I was focused on fal de ra, fal de tits, and at the light of the german song, I understand that it means nothing more than the french la la la lere.

Shame on me

PS : I expect that you are just annoyed by AI, and nothing more serious.

I like to think of it more as a cross between being consumed by rage and abject misery but I guess "annoyed" is close enough. Anyway, it has nothing to do with AI.

I hope you're not bullshitting Powerdoc. About getting it. I'll catch you out sooner or later if you are.

Hell, I don't even have the energy to look at the "common descent ancestor" shenanigans. Beddy byes time for chester.........
  • Reply 53 of 63
    Quote:

I like to think of it more as a cross between being consumed by rage and abject misery but I guess "annoyed" is close enough. Anyway, it has nothing to do with AI.

I hope you're not bullshitting Powerdoc. About getting it. I'll catch you out sooner or later if you are.

Hell, I don't even have the energy to look at the "common descent ancestor" shenanigans. Beddy byes time for chester.........

1) for what it worth, I am a little bit depressed today. My patients told me terrible stories ( her son killed her daughter ...) , and I discovered terrible illness ... Somedays I hate my job : am sick of sickness.

2) I hope I am not BSing. Otherwise it will mean, that I a m a lost cause. Perhaps it's the case ... who knows ?

3) I didn't have the courage to participate in this one. Recurrent debates kill me.
  • Reply 54 of 63
    Excellent. Can we re-title this the 'I'm Depressed Today' thread now?

I had a shit day.

I got half-way to the library and discovered I had left my backpack with my computer in it on the sofa.

I got to the library and discovered I had left my power supply at home.

I called my flatmate to tell her I'd meet her in Islington (up the road from the library), rendez vous to pick up the aforementioned power-supply.

I discovered I had a puncture.

I have a hang-over.

But this is the killer.

My ex-girlfriend is being very nice to me. The kind of nice that lets you know she's actuallly, really, truly, cool with it all being over. So cool she's even apologised.

For some reason I find this terribly, terribly depressing.
  • Reply 55 of 63
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

I had a shit day.

I got half-way to the library and discovered I had left my backpack with my computer in it on the sofa.

I got to the library and discovered I had left my power supply at home.

I called my flatmate to tell her I'd meet her in Islington (up the road from the library), rendez vous to pick up the aforementioned power-supply.

I discovered I had a puncture.

I have a hang-over.

But this is the killer.

My ex-girlfriend is being very nice to me. The kind of nice that lets you know she's actuallly, really, truly, cool with it all being over. So cool she's even apologised.

For some reason I find this terribly, terribly depressing.

Well I have only one explanation for these shit days : it must be monday, the worst day of the week.
  • Reply 56 of 63
    Quote:

3) I didn't have the courage to participate in this one. Recurrent debates kill me.

No me neither. But it can be fun watching the rest of them slap themselves about. And sooner or later someone's bound to come out with a great line like Frank's "act like an Appleinsider".

Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

You sure go to sleep early, Chest.

Yes I do tonton. That's because I'm old and worn out and overworked and underpaid and definitely underfuckingappreciated.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan

I had a shit day.

Bugger off. I'm going to be depressed for another 3 weeks and 4 days straight and possibly a little longer after that if necessary. So I have the dibs on depression at least until Christmas Eve. You will have to wait in line.

Edit: Fucking goddamn fucking formatting. And then, to make matters worse, I see the title of this thread again and I'm reminded that I'm old enough to be his goddamn fucking mother. Life is a bitch.