David Letterman previews 'iPod micro'

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
On Wednesday's episode of "The Late Show with David Letterman," talk show host David Letterman performed a brief, but entertaining segment on Apple's iPod digital music players.

In the segment, which took place shortly after his monolog, Letterman held an original iPod in-hand while proclaiming that the 'iPod people' are a bunch of 'geniuses.'

Letterman later whipped out what appeared to be an iPod shuffle that had been severed in half, just below the navigation controls. Apple is calling this new player "iPod micro," he joked. "It holds... [pause] ...one song!"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    Hahahahahahahahaha!

I bet if apple sets themselves to... they could release a great product out of this philosophy.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    Conan > Letterman

That is all.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    And who was Gates' bitch at CES?

Yup, thought so.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Priceless publicity!!
  • Reply 5 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by yikes600

Conan > Letterman

That is all.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!
  • Reply 6 of 25
    nerudaneruda Posts: 440member
    Quote:

Conan > Letterman

Conan=Genius

Conan at CES:

I got so drunk I woke up with a hooker.. Bill Gates got so drunk he woke up with an Apple computer..
  • Reply 7 of 25
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    I think we can all agree on:

Conan > Leno

Conan is hilerous, he wrote some of the great The Simpsons episodes.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Letterman has made this one of his running gags. Several weeks ago he showed Paul his iPod and bragged that it held 1000 songs. He also said he was going to be giving plenty of them for Christmas presents. Paul pulled his newer model and bragged that it held 10,000 songs. A stage hand calls their attention to his new iPod maxi (I think this was the name used) which hold 1 billion songs. His ear bud wires lead to a six foot tall iPod.

Anyway the real point is just how much a part of the pop culture iPod has become. It usually isn't wise to do jokes about obscure stuff. I've never heard a joke about Dell DJ (well, not on TV anyway) or any other player, but the iPod keeps popping up. It's been mentioned in several sitcoms lately. I watched one episode of Robert Klein's cancelled show in which the iPod played a part in the main joke/plot (The main reason I stuck with it all the way through ) . Early in the show, the son let it be known that he wanted an iPod for his birthday. We then find out how the parents have always ruined his birthdays. Now, on top of the fact that they are getting divorced, they forget it. At the last minute, however, they remember and burst through the doors trying to repair the damage. The mom says, " we even remembered your tripod" as she hands him... a tripod. Hilarity ensues.
  • Reply 9 of 25
    Quote:

Conan > Letterman

That is all.

Uh...no.

Conan is a decent comedian, but Letterman is a comic genius. By the way, Conan O'Brien has said the same thing.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by DonkeyRinse

Uh...no.

Conan is a decent comedian, but Letterman is a comic genius. By the way, Conan O'Brien has said the same thing.

Although this is a matter of opinion, I just don't understand all of the adulation/critical success Letterman receives. If Conan says that Letterman is a comic genius I'm sure that he does so out of respect. "Conan is a decent comedian" you say. Conan's work on the Simpsons alone surpasses anything Letterman has done. What has Letterman done to deserve the genius label?

Leno >>> funier than Letterman.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda

Although this is a matter of opinion, I just don't understand all of the adulation/critical success Letterman receives. If Conan says that Letterman is a comic genius I'm sure that he does so out of respect. "Conan is a decent comedian" you say. Conan's work on the Simpsons alone surpasses anything Letterman has done. What has Letterman done to deserve the genius label?

Leno >>> funier than Letterman.

Not so much these days, but Letterman's Late Night days are just masterpieces. It really laid the groundwork that O'Brien, John Stewart and others follow.

These days, not so much, and I agree that there are nights when Leno is funnier than Letterman.
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by DonkeyRinse

Not so much these days, but Letterman's Late Night days are just masterpieces. It really laid the groundwork that O'Brien, John Stewart and others follow.

These days, not so much, and I agree that there are nights when Leno is funnier than Letterman.

Letterman hit his comedic peak during the Carson years. Now it seems like he's just going through the motions. And speaking of Carson, Carson laid the groundwork for Letterman, Leno, O'brien, John Lebowitz..et al- not Letterman.

Kevin Eubanks >>>funier than Paul Shaffer ;-)
  • Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda

Letterman hit his comedic peak during the Carson years. Now it seems like he's just going through the motions. And speaking of Carson, Carson laid the groundwork for Letterman, Leno, O'brien, John Lebowitz..et al- not Letterman.

Kevin Eubanks >>>funier than Paul Shaffer ;-)

Not sure if you got to see the 1982-1992 'Late Night With David Letterman' period, but it was much more cutting-edge than anything Carson ever did, or Conan has done since.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A hernia is funnier than Paul Schaffer.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

A hernia is funnier than Paul Schaffer.

The Paul Schaffer in Beavis and Butthead was funny (only because his eye was impailed by a pencil).
  • Reply 16 of 25
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

I think we can all agree on:

Conan > Leno

anonymous corpse > Leno

Well, that's a little harsh...

Anyone heard the Bill Hicks routines on Leno? Yowch...

Screed
  • Reply 17 of 25
    screed, that wasn't harsh at all. leno sucks, he always has, and he always will. he's just not funny.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Keep in mind that the 11:35 slot is a LOT different then the 12:35 slot. Letterman's show changed when he moved up an hour. So be forewarned, Conan won't be the same when he takes over the tonight show (of course, by then, he's sure to have peaked and be going downhill as well).

And Steve Allen was funnier then them all.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Letterman was a comic genius back in the early to mid 80s. Now he's so lame and predictable he's like when Bob Hope was in his 80s. Lots of cutesy jokes that only the old timers who remembered him in his prime would laugh at.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Letterman < George Burns

"Say good-night, Gracie."

"Goodnight Gracie."