Powerbook Supply Demand

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 101
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Marsh

I have a similar issue with .Mac's email IMAP server. Since it's IMAP it notes the first time it's read from the server, marks it read, deletes it after a period, and so won't serve it again. So, if you open Mail on another Mac and attempt to get your mail again, you'll only get new emails. This is a good design if you only get your email from one computer, but a pain otherwise.

Fortunately, I also have a POP server account with an ISP. Anything I want to assure I can read from multiple Macs I make sure goes to that server. The downside with this setup is that I have to occasionally log into that server on the web and clear out my Inbox when it gets full. Yes, that ISP offers some configuration options to delete mail automatically, but I like being able to login to it and retrieve some email I've misplaced on my local Mac. Thus, it becomes my backup when I screw up.

So, pros and cons. I don't know anything about Gmail, but if it's using IMAP, that may be your issue.

I use IMAP on multiple computers and leave the messages on the server. Then I come back to my Mac and download all of them. It's POP that's a pain on multiple computers!