SonyEricsson killer Walkman phone!

newnew
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Dude... (hate that word) but I can't help but use it...



I want this phone. 2 megapixels, 512 MB...









dude...
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 25
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    The K750 looks quite good as well...



  • Reply 2 of 25
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Cool phone man, I'm really big on phones with multiple personality disorders. I'm sure we'll se them here before the US does, na na naaa naa naaa naaa, we're better.



    Relic Phone Inc. now shipping exotic phones to misfortunate US nerds.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    That's a nice phone. Too bad I don't use/like phones.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I wish Sony would make a decent QWERTY easy to hold phone the size and shape of the Nokia 6800/6820.



    T-mobile is letting me trade up to the 6800 for $25 after a $25 rebate. Sweet.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    too bad its a SonyEricsson...hold the handset wrong and you will lose signal
  • Reply 6 of 25
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    If only they would sell the K600i and Z800 models in the US.



    The basic but beautiful K600i is a nice match for the PowerBook:











    The Z800 flip-phone:



  • Reply 7 of 25
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    I like that orange one, especially how you actually hold it like a regular camera.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Outsider

    I wish Sony would make a decent QWERTY easy to hold phone the size and shape of the Nokia 6800/6820.



    Most people here (in europe) seem quite comfortable with T9, while the US seems to prefer full keyboard. I wonder why?
  • Reply 9 of 25
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    too bad color screen phones last about 2 days (batteries).



    I can hardly imagine how long it would last if you ALSO played music on the damn things.



    I was stoked when I got my Nokia 6600 a year ago. I listened to MP3s twice and never ever again tried it. It just... didnt work right. And not to mention after a dozen songs my battery was half gone.



    Anyway, FINALLY Sony woke up and realized they have an incredibly powerful marketing name: Walkman.



    Took them friggen long enough
  • Reply 10 of 25
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by New

    Most people here (in europe) seem quite comfortable with T9, while the US seems to prefer full keyboard. I wonder why?



    We have about a 5-6 year lead on the US consumer thats why.



    US consumers have basically JUST started T9
  • Reply 11 of 25
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ZO

    too bad color screen phones last about 2 days (batteries).



    I can hardly imagine how long it would last if you ALSO played music on the damn things.



    I was stoked when I got my Nokia 6600 a year ago. I listened to MP3s twice and never ever again tried it. It just... didnt work right. And not to mention after a dozen songs my battery was half gone.



    Anyway, FINALLY Sony woke up and realized they have an incredibly powerful marketing name: Walkman.



    Took them friggen long enough




    It's supposed to give 15 hours of music playback...
  • Reply 12 of 25
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    The S700i is nice. I would never use a phone for music, i like separate devices. Sony Ericsson phones kick arse though.



  • Reply 13 of 25
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Slotracer152,

    That's a bad generalization of SE. I don't know where you get your info on SE reception quality. Did you have a bad experience and are now blaming it on every model they make? I have a T637 and it has great reception. There aren't any problems with reception with the phone, it's either the service or your phone doesn't have the frequnecy that is supported in that area.



    Honestly, all their new phones have the best designs by far. It looks like they are dropping the T series and going K. But, even the new low end phones have awesome designs.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Can I just say that I have a Z800 and that it's lovely?



    Video calling is the best thing ever, and downloading data at north of 200k on the move because of 3G simply rocks.



    Sorry, as you were, back on topic, to which I don't really have a lot to add. Thank you.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Cam'ron

    Slotracer152,

    That's a bad generalization of SE. I don't know where you get your info on SE reception quality. Did you have a bad experience and are now blaming it on every model they make? I have a T637 and it has great reception. There aren't any problems with reception with the phone, it's either the service or your phone doesn't have the frequnecy that is supported in that area.



    Honestly, all their new phones have the best designs by far. It looks like they are dropping the T series and going K. But, even the new low end phones have awesome designs.




    Friend has Z600 and he wants to do nothing else but see how far he can throw the thing because of its terrible reception.



    The T610 reception is pretty horrible too.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by ZO

    Friend has Z600 and he wants to do nothing else but see how far he can throw the thing because of its terrible reception.



    The T610 reception is pretty horrible too.




    my Z600 is perfect and so was my T68i, so is my sisters T610 and T630, my dad's T68i and his new T630.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    Ive never heard of any reception problems with either of those phones. I have had a ton of experience using SE phones too. You either have bad reception in general/bad firmware one bad phone. You do realize if its the phone you can have it repaired under warranty.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    I have a Sony Ericsson T610 triple-band for when I travel to Europe and Asia, and I must say, it has perfect reception. However, some US mobile companies have very poor signals, which leads some people in believing that its the phones fault.



    While in Europe I use Vodaphone and the reception [signal] is always excellent. Back in the US however, I use[d] AT&T Wireless and the reception [signal] was OK at best. I tried US Cellular and it was awful. Sprint and Verizon work just fine.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    cam'roncam'ron Posts: 503member
    exactely, the t610 only has the 1900 frequency for NA, if you are with att/cingular and in a heavy 850 area, the phone is going to have terrible reception. t-mo only uses 1900 so that phone is fine with them. a lot of the time people dont even realize their phone isnt optimized for the network in their area.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    I've had both the T68 (which after only a few months of crappy service stopped making calls completely) and the T610 which was just as bad...I could take my hand, cover the top and back parts of the phone and my signal would be completely gone....stop letting yourself be blinded by the useless features...SE makes neat handhelds...but crappy phones



    this is just my personal experience...not to mention the countless friends who have just gone in to buy a phone ended up with an SE and been unsatisfied with it....for a phone that I actually use for phone calls....I recomend a Samsung
Sign In or Register to comment.