Updated eMacs, iMacs expected in April

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 83
    thomazthomaz Posts: 42member
    melgross when i said

"U gotta admite if u had 2 systems side by side and both the same and one running say 55to 65C and the other running 75-80°C with a max core temp of 90C what would u choose?I would choose the 55 to 65 temp one."

I did not say apple or x86 did i ?

melgross

"Secondly, IBM's PPC chips do use SOI. Where did you get the idea that they don't? They also use copper interconnects."

Yes they do after some digging on ibm site.Still looking for power usage for each chip 1.8ghz+.All i found was some xserv 2ghz ones.But i not sure that the same spec's in power wise as a Pm 2ghz for the reason apple/ibm might be using the "best" chips for the xserv.

sorry for adding the "e" in silicon.

question what where what g5 chips 90nm and what chips are 130?or there just all 90nm g5's?

• Reply 82 of 83
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Thomaz

melgross when i said

"U gotta admite if u had 2 systems side by side and both the same and one running say 55to 65C and the other running 75-80°C with a max core temp of 90C what would u choose?I would choose the 55 to 65 temp one."

I did not say apple or x86 did i ?

melgross

"Secondly, IBM's PPC chips do use SOI. Where did you get the idea that they don't? They also use copper interconnects."

Yes they do after some digging on ibm site.Still looking for power usage for each chip 1.8ghz+.All i found was some xserv 2ghz ones.But i not sure that the same spec's in power wise as a Pm 2ghz for the reason apple/ibm might be using the "best" chips for the xserv.

sorry for adding the "e" in silicon.

question what where what g5 chips 90nm and what chips are 130?or there just all 90nm g5's?

I know that you didn't say Apple or x86. That's why I gave examples of what I would do in both cases. I wasn't quite sure what you were asking.

Insofar as finding information about these chips. The info about SOI, copper, strained silicon, etc. has been out in the news for months. Every tech site has had discussions about it.

It's a good question about the 90 vs. 130 chips. When Apple came out with the 2.5s, they were the only chips using 90nm. IBM has been transitioning over to 90 on the other speeds as well. I haven't been keeping up with that though. If I have time I will check.

It would be easier to work with your posts if you checked, and fixed them first.
  • Reply 83 of 83
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

silicone is used as well for fake titties..!!

Er, yes, I thought I'd pass on that one.