Nintendo E3 Press Confered (Revolution news + Gameboy Micro!)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Keep all Revolution discussion here, all XBox 360 and PS3 discussion in there respective threads. Thanks.

Here's a leaked photo:

And from various web sources.

(USA Today)

Revolution will offer broadband access to a free Internet-based player matching service, similar to Xbox Live, that also will have downloadable versions of nearly every Nintendo game ? from arcade classic Donkey Kong through current titles such as Mario Sunshine. (Nintendo hasn't decided whether downloading will be free),

I'm going to stay away from any hardware speculation until the press conference releases actual details (9a.m. Pacific). I've seen something like 2-3x more powerful than the GameCube... whatever that could possibly mean in real terms...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 51
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    If the pic is real I'd say it looks better than the XBox, but not as nice as the Sony. Looks like 2006 will be a good year for consoles, interesting to see how much these will all be.
  • Reply 2 of 51
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    If that's the case I definitely think it's the best of the three. Look how small it is, it's about the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other and a little bit longer.

We'll see what kind of graphics it can do later. Or more importantly, what kind of games it will play. Resident Evil 4 should teach all doubters about Nintendo's ability to pump out good graphics.
  • Reply 3 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

If that's the case I definitely think it's the best of the three. Look how small it is, it's about the size of 3 DVD cases stacked on top of each other and a little bit longer.

We'll see what kind of graphics it can do later. Or more importantly, what kind of games it will play. Resident Evil 4 should teach all doubters about Nintendo's ability to pump out good graphics.

You'd think that, but people still run off their mouths with drivel about the Cube's capabilities. \

I've wanted to hear details about Revolution more than any other console, but the PS3 looks to be an incredible gaming machine. As G_Warren said, 2006 looks to be a good year for consoles.

*edit* (Hurrah and all that jazz for the 100th post from this lurker.)
  • Reply 4 of 51
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It's interesting how far behind M$ industrial design seems to be.

Sony may score a coup as a next gen media player, I wonder if Nintendo will give DVD-HD or BRD playback capabilities?
  • Reply 5 of 51
    I think Nintendo is sticking to regular DVDs.

I think.
  • Reply 6 of 51
    Quote:

Revolution will be "two-to-three times more powerful than GameCube," according to Nintendo, which also acknowledges that the next-generation race isn't solely about new technologies. By contrast, Microsoft's Xbox 360 console is 13-15 times more powerful than the first, according to the publisher. And Sony says it's PlayStation 3 is roughly 35 times more powerful than PlayStation 2.

Well, there are our meaningless number comparisons. OMG NINTENDO SI PS3NED!!!! But it's apparently compact, quick to start up and features free online support. I look forward to seeing what else it brings.
  • Reply 7 of 51
    PS3 si bajillilon times bettar poligons and bump maps!
  • Reply 8 of 51
    Here's a new leak. Higher-res than the one above.
  • Reply 9 of 51
    Neat. IGN has a bunch of high-res pics.
  • Reply 10 of 51
    The revolution almost has an old school kind of appearance. I dig it.
  • Reply 11 of 51
    Yeah, some people say it reminds them of an SD card, but the corner reminds me of the NES.
  • Reply 12 of 51
    i like the size, but it's kind of dull looking.
  • Reply 13 of 51
    that looks neat... hasnt it been a while since a game console system was released from nintendo besides the gameboys obviously
  • Reply 14 of 51
    The Nintendo press conference is going on right now.
  • Reply 15 of 51
    Free online service for the DS (possibly the Revolution?). Partnering up with IGN's GameSpy.

25 developers making wireless-enabled DS games.

Nintendogs!
  • Reply 16 of 51
    Gameboy Micro holy shits!

"A hair bigger and 2/3s the weight of an iPod mini. Plays every gameboy advance game."
  • Reply 17 of 51
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    The next SuperSmash brothers will be sweet.

I love consoles and I love Nintendo. Depending on media playback capabilities, I may have to get a PS3 as well though. I love how the PS2 plays DVDs. I didn't get one, however, because it doesn't have any games I like. I didn't get a Cube because, well, my roommate had one. The Rev looks cool and I like its size. Next gen movie playback support is key though I think to its success. And lets hope the controllers aren't retarded like the Cube's.

I WANT PERFECT DARK ON THE REVOLUTION!
  • Reply 18 of 51
    Iwata on stage. He says the Revolution will actually be smaller when it ships than the prototype he's using (and that is pictured above in this thread).
  • Reply 19 of 51
    Smash Brothers wireless on launch will be absolute majesty.

That is a killer multi-player game, and now you can have that same fun any damned time without waiting for your smelly meatworld friends to come over.

Miyamoto has a whole new game coming out for this mother.

New Zeldas and Marios and Metroids, of course.
  • Reply 20 of 51
    This deserves its own post.

With the Revolution you can download every goddam Nintendo game ever made.

NES, SNES & N64. Download those bitches off Mr. Intarweb and play them on your Revolution.

Holy farking cuss words.

I got your backwards compatability *right here*!