Apple store increases wait times for Mac mini

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Several tipsters note that Apple's online store now lists wait times for the company's Mac mini computer at 6 to 8 business days. For the past two months the Apple store had listed the Mac mini for shipment on "the same business day." An updated Mac mini with double the standard RAM has been rumored for some time and is expected as part of the company's upcoming summer hardware line.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    the mini needs a speed bump or price decrease, now
  • Reply 2 of 27
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    Or Video RAM. When connected to any Apple display Exposé stutters with a single window.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    boogabooga Posts: 1,082member
    Or a Pentium M

• Reply 4 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Booga

Or a Pentium M

soon (9 month)
  • Reply 5 of 27
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    new iBOOKS !!!
  • Reply 6 of 27
    naknak Posts: 101member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AppleInsider

Several tipsters note that Apple's online store now lists wait times for the company's Mac mini computer at 6 to 8 business days.

Does that wait time include minis that were ordered before they changed the times? My order's already been backed up twice, dern them....
  • Reply 7 of 27
    If they make the cd/dvd drive quieter and add a kickass graphics card I'll be buying one (along with a 20In monitor). Great for watching DVDs and home computing, and can upgrade to a PowerMactel in a couple of years.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Somynona

If they make the cd/dvd drive quieter and add a kickass graphics card I'll be buying one (along with a 20In monitor). Great for watching DVDs and home computing, and can upgrade to a PowerMactel in a couple of years.

me too, kick ass graphic, at least 512 MB RAM and 160 GB harddrive
  • Reply 9 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by alliancep.s.i

the mini needs a speed bump or price decrease, now

Also a better FSB
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by punica888

me too, kick ass graphic, at least 512 MB RAM and 160 GB harddrive

they dont make 160gb laptop style hd's.
  • Reply 11 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nak

Also a better FSB

yeah, i could be made way better i think
  • Reply 12 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by alliancep.s.i

they dont make 160gb laptop style hd's.

uups, yeah that is actually what I was wondering in the back of my mind when i wrote this, well upgrade to 100 Gb then I guess, a 1.67GHz PowerPC G4, and all of that for $650 and I am buying in no time.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    ewandevewandev Posts: 2member
    i ordered a mac mini on june 7th... got delayed twice and is now set to be shipped on the 23rd. my question is, if they announce a new revision next week (as many are suggesting), will i get a chance to reconfigure my order? or does it just get cancelled? what should i expect here?
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by ewandev

i ordered a mac mini on june 7th... got delayed twice and is now set to be shipped on the 23rd. my question is, if they announce a new revision next week (as many are suggesting), will i get a chance to reconfigure my order? or does it just get cancelled? what should i expect here?

Ordered mine on the 8th, delayed twice, set to ship on 24th. If a new model comes out before they ship it, Apple will upgrade to the equivalent model.

Says so here

(Replaced with new product)
  • Reply 15 of 27
    ewandevewandev Posts: 2member
    interesting... i just went back to the apple store to check on my order status and it finally changed from "Sent to Manufacturing" (where its been for a week) to "Preparing Shipment". perhaps we will have an answer soon. i asked for two day delivery which would target it for monday or tuesday. if there is an upgrade announcement, my guess is it would be either of those days (since they wouldn't want people receiving updated hardware before an official announcement and spoiling the press release).
  • Reply 16 of 27
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Tuesday!!
  • Reply 17 of 27
    wishful thinking, im ordering wednsday last day of school anyway
  • Reply 18 of 27
    ati radeon 9600, 64mb vram

512mb ram standard

1.42ghz or 1.67ghz g4s

dual-layer 8x superdrive as option on the 1.67ghz g4

hmmmm... we'll see next week

so cool... next week mac mini updates,

week after is iBook updates during/just before the big national edu conference in philly.
  • Reply 19 of 27
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    i think 1.5ghz at the max...1.67 would be too much of a jump even if it's nice...it starts to bump into the imacs because theyre only slightly faster
  • Reply 20 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

i think 1.5ghz at the max...1.67 would be too much of a jump even if it's nice...it starts to bump into the imacs because theyre only slightly faster

eh? but the lowest iMac is 1.8ghz G5 , 17-inches of widescreen, and 7200rpm serial ata drive

i'm afraid it could be 1.5ghz at the max nonetheless, because they bump into the powerbooks

we'll see... just a few weeks more, in the meantime, i'll try and channel my angst and energy somewhere productive