Motorola iTunes phone revealed?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

I wish I knew why everyone is crapping on about Cingular ...

ughhh when i was in the US 2000-2002 our work used mostly cingular phones. rubbish service for the most part, i suspect.

but that's just me bitching i am not sure how things are like now
  • Reply 62 of 66
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    No, I mean:

I WISH I KNEW WHY EVERYONE WAS CRAPPING ON ABOUT CINGULAR.

Shall I put a winkie in?
  • Reply 63 of 66
    never in a million years is it going to be a black phone... silver, white or both.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    What makes sense to me is the ipod evolving into an all in one device.

Already we have features that seem targeted for the future phone: Contacts to scroll through and easily select a person to call. Photos that can be used as calller ID. Syncability with address book... In fact the recent renaming of the ipod photo is a clear indication to me that everything is merging into one unit.

Why does the new phone have to be called ipod phone or iphone... doesn't it actually make sense to just call it "ipod". Which began with just music, then with photos and now with phone...

And that would be what would make sense the most. One beautifully designed device that combined everything into one sleek unit.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ntagansky

Why does the new phone have to be called ipod phone or iphone... doesn't it actually make sense to just call it "ipod". Which began with just music, then with photos and now with phone...

And that would be what would make sense the most. One beautifully designed device that combined everything into one sleek unit.

totally. i think this is what apple is trying to fix by merging the ipod and ipod photo into just an iPod, iPod with color screen and photo functionality.

this is my typically biased view, apple is ready to zoom ahead with the phone and distributed video innovations, but stupid dinosaur rubbish companies like the movie and tv studios and the cable and cellular companies, etc, are holding back the good fun for all

steve has worked his magick with the record industry, providing a viable alternative to illegal music downloads while pushing the iPod revolution. whoever decides sooner to 'play ball', be it a cellular, movie studio, TV, cable, satellitel, whatever, will reap the rewards sooner than others

iPod is now a huge brand, a lot of people don't even know that it's made by a company called 'Apple', which, OMFG, it makes computers too? is that the Mac thing i heard about? WTF?

i think Steve has had enough of Moto and Freescale and IBM and other losers that can't keep up. Disney falls into that category with regards to Pixar...

Two major areas are holding up Apple right now, given that the third, the CPU fiasco (i'm being dramatic ) is sorted. if Apple-Intel can't sort that out, Apple is 'teh doomed'

1. access to video content, standard def to high def distributed

starting from music videos, hopefully branch into news, sports,

entertainment, lifestyle, documentaries, movies etc.

2. access to next-generation mobile and/or high-bandwidth networks

starting from the internet/wi-fi/wimax, steve jobs and co need

greater push access

into cable, satellite, 3G, 3G+, 4G

Apple has the brand, the innovation, the hardware, the software. Now they need greater and deeper access to content and the networks that deliver that content in a seamless, scaleable and reliable way. All while hammering out the morass of DRM rubbish that plagues us (i am not anti-DRM i am anti-crap-DRM-ideas)

Thanks ladies, gentlemen, pets and other sentient beings for indulging my ramblings today. Cats, mash the keypad now to let your 'owners' know that you have finished reading this article

• Reply 66 of 66
    saschkesaschke Posts: 67member
    Hmm. I reckon that Steve Jobs would never agree to Motorola to bring out an ugly device linked to his good ol' Apple. I will look good if it has something to do with iTunes/iPod. Hopefully!!