iTunes to sell music videos?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    ishawnishawn Posts: 364member
    If they do sell music videos, I hope they have more than 2 jazz genres. As of yesterday, that's all that I could find.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    reidreid Posts: 190member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sjk

Wouldn't the reasons it's not recommended to run OS X off an iPod (e.g. overworking its hard drive) also hold true for longer uninterrupted playback of higher quality video to external displays? If true, that would be a factor in the design of a "video iPod" with that kind of playback capability.

Can't be that big of a problem:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Portable_Vid....html?tag=comp
  • Reply 43 of 43
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Reid

Can't be that big of a problem

Yeah, PVPs like those had occurred to me. And the Archos Gmini400 is a bit smaller than the 60GB iPod, including a CF slot.

I was questioning whether HD stress might be an issue since that hadn't been discussed in this thread. Maybe warnings about running OS X off an iPod aren't as serious as some people claim, although that type of disk activity would seem heavier than "simple" video playback so maybe I shouldn't have attempted to correlate them.

Earlier you wrote:

Quote:

I'd prefer a more podcast-like subscription service for video, ...

That would be my preference, too, for reasons like you mentioned.

And I really don't need (or want) to own all the music I choose to listen to so an iTMS subscription service would also interest me.

Quote:

I think most people are perfectly happy with a rental model (e.g. Cable TV, Blockbuster, Netflix) when it comes to video.

I'd think so, too, yet presumably DVD sales must still be lucrative enough for that market to exist. I have no idea what the actual numbers are.

What's clear is that regardless of the media some people prefer ownership while others prefer subscriptions or rentals. And not necessarily consistently. I support the flexibility of choice rather than it being just one or the other as some people will stubbornly and selfishly argue. Some people own their homes and cars, others rent and lease them. Who cares?