Apple music event set for Sept 7

Comments

• Reply 21 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by stustanley

they didnt introduce anything in france, it was just really a talk about the existing products.

stu

iMac G5 anyone?
  • Reply 22 of 78
    Quote:

they didnt introduce anything in france, it was just really a talk about the existing products.

stu

How about they announce they bought universal and Apple Corp.

Then announce that All universal songs will now be 79 cents and only iTunes will carry beattles songs.

Just to stick it to the greedy labels...
  • Reply 23 of 78
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Isn't the Beatles catalog in Jacko's sequined hands now? It was my understanding that Apple Corp sold the rights to it years ago.

That being said, I've actually rather been waiting for Apple to buy Apple Corps and the Beatles catalog just to put it all behind them.
  • Reply 24 of 78
    warrkwarrk Posts: 8member
    Whilst the "changed everything" quote makes me think it might be something exciting - its just going to be the moto/itunes phone. But.....

1) iPod Home - 250GB disk made in partnership with BOSE

2) Apple as a cell network with iTunes subscription as part of the monthy line rental.

3) 5th Gen iPods with some cool feature that no-one has thought of....

I reserve my right to speculate wildly and hope for the best!
  • Reply 25 of 78
    bronxitebronxite Posts: 104member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

Isn't the Beatles catalog in Jacko's sequined hands now? It was my understanding that Apple Corp sold the rights to it years ago.

That being said, I've actually rather been waiting for Apple to buy Apple Corps and the Beatles catalog just to put it all behind them.

no.
  • Reply 26 of 78
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

They should buy it just to get out of the restrictions, and then sell off the company, as they shouldn't be in the business of owning music. Maybe Pixar should buy it.

Oh, I wonder what it's worth. I don't remember, is it a public company?
  • Reply 27 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by WaRrK

Whilst the "changed everything" quote makes me think it might be something exciting - its just going to be the moto/itunes phone. But.....

1) iPod Home - 250GB disk made in partnership with BOSE

2) Apple as a cell network with iTunes subscription as part of the monthy line rental.

3) 5th Gen iPods with some cool feature that no-one has thought of....

I reserve my right to speculate wildly and hope for the best!

The Constitution guarantees you the right to wildly speculate. It also guarantees us the right to call it unrestrained blather.
  • Reply 28 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

They should buy it just to get out of the restrictions, and then sell off the company, as they shouldn't be in the business of owning music. Maybe Pixar should buy it.

Oh, I wonder what it's worth. I don't remember, is it a public company?

To answer my own post. No, it's not.
  • Reply 29 of 78
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    It doesn't matter really. It's most likely going to be a GSM phone. Meaning you can buy it outright to use on cingular, tmobile, and many european carriers as well.

Just not verizon, sprint unless they release a CDMA version of the phone.

Quote:

The rumor is Cingular.

• Reply 30 of 78
    warrkwarrk Posts: 8member
    Quote:

The Constitution guarantees you the right to wildly speculate. It also guarantees us the right to call it unrestrained blather.

I never said it was anything else!
  • Reply 31 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

It doesn't matter really. It's most likely going to be a GSM phone. Meaning you can buy it outright to use on cingular, tmobile, and many european carriers as well.

Just not verizon, sprint unless they release a CDMA version of the phone.

It does matter bacause an unlocked phone doesn't always work well if a Cell carrier doesn't support it.
  • Reply 32 of 78
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It's probably incredibly safe to say that it's either the Moto iTunes phone or the iPod video. If we use the old problem-solving technique "the simplest answer is the most probable outcome," it's going to be the iTunes phone. If we use the more speculative approach and --

Oh hell, it's going to be the phone, people!
  • Reply 33 of 78
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Here's my guess:

iTunes 5 (at last!), iTunes phone (finally), color iPod minis, and ability to play music videos on all (new?) color iPods. No special "video iPod" ... unless they do something really bold and strange, like releasing a small tablet under the iPod name.

I'm looking forward to iTunes 5 more than anything else. It's been a while.
  • Reply 34 of 78
    Quote:

iMac G5 anyone?

i was talking about the boat trip thingy they organised a month or two back, people were hyping it to be the launch of th iPhone.

it wasnt

stu
  • Reply 35 of 78
    Quote:

i was talking about the boat trip thingy they organised a month or two back, people were hyping it to be the launch of th iPhone.

it wasnt

stu

That's true. But at least this time they made reference to music and number of songs. It's possibly a hint of some kind that we have to puzzle out.

I say that whomever comes closest be given whatever it is by Apple!
  • Reply 36 of 78
    Smehow, I don't think this is the phone. Isn't Moto's Ed "ZNDR" going to be in NY that day anyway? (There was earlier speculation that he would release it at an event there.) Plus, to me this "iPhone" is in no way the announcement that the iPod was. To make a few hundred songs on a phone sound equatible to the digital music revolution that was/is the iPod seems laughable. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is going to be big.
  • Reply 37 of 78
    Possibilities:

*Color screen Minis

*Higher compacity shuffles w/ small screen

*5th Gen ipods possibly video enabled

*iTunes 5, maybe too soon though

*AND I'm hoping NOTHING todo with ROKR!!

*PLUS Paul comes out to sing HEY JUDE!!

But with this new event what does old Steve have left to talk about on the 21st? Speedbumped PB?? HAHA
  • Reply 38 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by maverick18x

Smehow, I don't think this is the phone. Isn't Moto's Ed "ZNDR" going to be in NY that day anyway? (There was earlier speculation that he would release it at an event there.) Plus, to me this "iPhone" is in no way the announcement that the iPod was. To make a few hundred songs on a phone sound equatible to the digital music revolution that was/is the iPod seems laughable. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is going to be big.

Well, if he *just happens* to be in NYC at that time what a coincidence. It would seem to make it even more likely.

From what I just read, word out of Taiwan is that a video iPod(s) might be announced as well.
  • Reply 39 of 78
    I would be SHOCKED if Steve showed off the ROKR for the first time, this is mostly a MOTO thing, I think...

PLUS the ROKR just doesn't seem to be anything special, certainly not to be compared with the original iPod...
  • Reply 40 of 78
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by maverick18x

Plus, to me this "iPhone" is in no way the announcement that the iPod was. To make a few hundred songs on a phone sound equatible to the digital music revolution that was/is the iPod seems laughable. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think this is going to be big.

Exactly what I was thinking. The phone is not an Apple product anyway. It's a partnership with Motorola and hardly warrants equating it to the impact the original iPod had. I'm sure the phone will be mentioned but I doubt it will be the only announcement.