Apple to introduce new hardware at Apple Expo

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

The conventional wisdom says iWork '06 is coming at MWSF in January.

But I would love to be wrong.

Yeah, almost certainly. I was just hoping out loud that Apple would be a bit more forthcoming with interim updates on iWork this year. We've only really had bugfixes, which with Pages still hasn't quite delivered on the promise that the package has underneath the slow interface.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Commodus

It won't be the iBooks or Mac minis. Both of those got updates this summer.

Well, the iBooks were physically updated. The Mac mini just got new bundles and pricepoints. So why would they update the iBooks again and not the Mac mini? It should be the other way around. The more they do this the more I think the Mac mini is indeed being killed off. They have no love for it, that's for sure.

Now what is the deal with these "gray" iBooks and where in those photos are people seeing them? The inside of the covered booth appears to have shelves indicating this might be a software upgrade. With .Mac down for maintanance they could be retail boxes of .Mac 3.0 or something.

Hell, they could be updates to the full size iPods. Ugh. I just want to see a new computer from Apple. Any new computer.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

[BHell, they could be updates to the full size iPods. Ugh. I just want to see a new computer from Apple. Any new computer. [/B]

A new x86 box running Windows?
  • Reply 24 of 36
    I'd guess the PB's are getting updated, if you look at the Sale page. It's dropped $100 this week. Not sure if they normally have a 24hr ship time.

Refurbished PowerBook 15-inch 1.67GHz SuperDrive

512MB DDR333 SDRAM

80GB Hard Drive

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (64 MB DDR)

AirPort Extreme

Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rates

Backlit keyboard

Learn More

? Save 18% off the original price

Original price: $2,299.00

Your price: $1,899.00

Estimated Ship:

1-2 business days

Free Shipping

dealmac still has last weeks deal up:

Refurbished PowerBook G4/1.67GHz 15.2" for $1,999 shipped

PowerBook G4/1.67GHz 15.2"

The factory-refurbished Apple PowerBook G4/1.67GHz 15.2" notebook with 15.2" widescreen LCD, 512MB RAM, 80GB hard drive, SuperDrive, AirPort Extreme, and ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB graphics is ... (more)

Date: Sep 09, 2005
  • Reply 25 of 36
    .Mac has been updated with 1GB of storage and improved bandwidth.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    UK Apple store is showing their usual 'Back Soon' message that they shove up before product updates.
  • Reply 27 of 36
    It's back up with no changes. \
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Correction, they changed the description for the .Mac retail package to include the new 1GB increase. That's why the Apple Stores went down. I don't know what's worse, this being the only update we get today or that they had to take the stores offline to make the change.
  • Reply 29 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

I don't know what's worse, this being the only update we get today or that they had to take the stores offline to make the change.

Agreed! What is it about when they take the stores offline? It's like having to reboot your computer when you change a record in your database. What is that about, eh?

Cheers Daniel
  • Reply 30 of 36
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dahacouk

Agreed! What is it about when they take the stores offline? It's like having to reboot your computer when you change a record in your database. What is that about, eh?

Cheers Daniel

Yeah, talk about bad marketing for WebObjects.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    Is it traditional for AI to take down articles when the speculation in them turns out to be wrong (or at least take them off the front page, as obviously it's still here in this thread)? That seems... I dunno. A bit fudgy.
  • Reply 32 of 36
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rjtdirect

Is it traditional for AI to take down articles when the speculation in them turns out to be wrong (or at least take them off the front page, as obviously it's still here in this thread)? That seems... I dunno. A bit fudgy.

Nah, why do that? We can argue about it anyway.
  • Reply 33 of 36
    I'm just asking 'cause it disappeared from the front page pretty hastily after the Q&A this morning...
  • Reply 34 of 36
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    I wonder just when these will be coming out? I've had this 2Ghz PowerMac for 9 months and would be willing to sell it for a dual core as long as I don't have to pay that much to trade up. If I keep it i'll be buying applecare for 250 otherwise that 250 will go towards a dual core.

2Ghz Dual core 1800 with student discount

sell current dual core for 1500 on ebay

-250 that I would have spent on warranty

= almost free upgrade.
  • Reply 35 of 36
    i hope you have upgraded that 2.0? If dual-duals come out you might have to sell it cheaper than $1500. Speculating that the new 2.0 dualcore will be $1800, then again there is a sucker born everyday!
  • Reply 36 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by namachtag

i hope you have upgraded that 2.0? If dual-duals come out you might have to sell it cheaper than $1500. Speculating that the new 2.0 dualcore will be $1800, then again there is a sucker born everyday!

It's a dual 2.0Ghz

9800 XT 256MB

2GB of ram

I would think the new bottom line would remain 2000 dollars as the current one is. I'll probably keep the 9800 and sell the current system depending on what apple releases. I am pretty sure I could get 1500 for it on ebay even with a descent update. Computers sell on ebay for ridiculous amounts.