Quote:

Originally posted by MacGregor

I see "movies in theaters."

I see "DVD's"

I see video on demand.

I see trailer downloads.

I don't see what you see.

I see dead people.

You totally left yourself open for that one.
  • Reply 42 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I'm just doubtful about the WiFi connection.

I just bought an HTC 6700 from Sprint. This phone is very nice. It also has Bluetooth 1.2 (though I wish it had 2 instead), and WiFi.

The problem is that if th WiFi is turned on the battery life goes down the tubes.

Without it I can go two days between recharges with everything else on. With it on I can only go maybe 4 hours. If I'm using it, the life goes to about two hours.

I think that Apple is aware of this problem. I would love to see Bluetooth 2. Apple has changed their support over to that on every updated machine.

Miracle version: Yes, it would be. H.264 decoding requires a large amount of cpu power. Maybe if Apple goes to Intel's new chip next year.

Apple hasn't used wireless in any of its iPod models till now, probably because of the battery issue. And they'll more than likely stay with cables until they can solve it.

It'll be interesting to see how they solve the decoding issue. The photo iPods use specially formatted thumbnails that iTunes 'encodes' just to upload into the iPod especially for showing on its small screen, but the Mac does the heavy lifting, not the iPod.

i guess if they do use an Intel chip of some kind, as mentioned above, that may give the unit more 'lift', but you're right about that requiring some heavy cpu power. I just wonder if they can put a chip in a vPod that could do that without running the battery down before the movie ran its course!
  • Reply 43 of 53
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rwahrens

Apple hasn't used wireless in any of its iPod models till now, probably because of the battery issue. And they'll more than likely stay with cables until they can solve it.

It'll be interesting to see how they solve the decoding issue. The photo iPods use specially formatted thumbnails that iTunes 'encodes' just to upload into the iPod especially for showing on its small screen, but the Mac does the heavy lifting, not the iPod.

i guess if they do use an Intel chip of some kind, as mentioned above, that may give the unit more 'lift', but you're right about that requiring some heavy cpu power. I just wonder if they can put a chip in a vPod that could do that without running the battery down before the movie ran its course!

I should have shown this link below. It tells a bit about the Monahans:

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20051006PR200.html
  • Reply 44 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

I should have shown this link below. It tells a bit about the Monahans:

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20051006PR200.html

An interesting article, but kinda slim on details. lower power requirements is just what they need in mobile devices - the question is: IF Apple is launching the vPod next week, is that chip the heavy lifter? Would be cool if so...

Of course, just the idea of a vPod is cool - I'd love to record my fav shows and view them during my commute - since MARC is doing the driving, the least I can do is enjoy myself!
  • Reply 45 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by rwahrens

An interesting article, but kinda slim on details. lower power requirements is just what they need in mobile devices - the question is: IF Apple is launching the vPod next week, is that chip the heavy lifter? Would be cool if so...

Of course, just the idea of a vPod is cool - I'd love to record my fav shows and view them during my commute - since MARC is doing the driving, the least I can do is enjoy myself!

I don't think the chip will be out until next year, first half, maybe first quarter.
  • Reply 46 of 53
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Has everyone forgotten about theAlphamosaic chip rumors? http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/...convalleyw.php
  • Reply 47 of 53
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

Has everyone forgotten about theAlphamosaic chip rumors? http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/...convalleyw.php

We don't discuss rumors here...uh
  • Reply 48 of 53
    boy is this old...and really quite interesting
  • Reply 49 of 53
    oops sorry i forgot that when you post you bump a thread my bad, in the middle of maths revision.
  • Reply 50 of 53
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ipodfan View Post

step by step to convert dvd and video to ipod at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-...Pod-video.html

Why did you just bump a thread from 2005?
  • Reply 51 of 53
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Because he's a stupid spammer trying to sell a $40 piece of software that does the same thing as good ole' free Media Fork.
  • Reply 52 of 53
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guartho View Post

Media Fork.

Where've you been all year?

...and then there was one
  • Reply 53 of 53
    It is a really good software