Another Apple advantage becoming a Microsoft advantage:The Internet

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    "proprietary" seems to be the new "Nazi" - a word thrown about 'cos it's a bit stickier than mud, but has little real meaning when out of context.

Personally, I kind of like intellectual property.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Moogs ?:

<strong>Applenut:

You're saying WaSP is not supporting Mozilla? I find this hard to believe given the amount of proprietary crap still floating around in IE. Have you checked out Mozilla's CSS compliance compared to the latest versions of IE? HTML 4 is more or less the same but it's no contest with CSS (especially CSS 2) - even with the remaining bugs that have to be fixed for Moz 1.0

Or were you trying to say something else about WaSP?</strong><hr></blockquote>

WaSP voted IE 5.1.2 Mac edition the most standards compliant web browser available last year. that's what I'm saying. if I'm not mistaken Netscape 6/Mozilla was available at that time and IE 5 still beat it out. They said the weak point was XML support. their site seems to be down or else I would give you the link
  • Reply 23 of 26
    kelibkelib Posts: 740member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Guru:

<strong>

What exactly is your problem with skysports.com? I'm looking at it and browsing around it in the latest version of OmniWeb and have not run into one thing it didn't like yet.

Just Curious.

</strong><hr></blockquote> The problem is that I don't get the live score updates and team sheats. There is a tab on the side 'Live Scores' and when you click it you just get an empty page instead of the detailed information on games being played
  • Reply 24 of 26
    stimulistimuli Posts: 564member
    Applenut: Yes, but that was a year ago. I doubt IE ME is more standards compliant than Moz 0.99.

And I remember when WASP gave IE 5.0 Mac Ed. the same award. Mozilla was at like Milestone 6 at the time.

Not saying for sure either way if Mozilla is more compliant, but the smart money is on the red tyranosaur.

Mozilla's focus is portability and standards compliance. It's hella fast (for me on Linux/PPC Powerbook G3 250mhz, anyway, not sure about OSX/OS9).

I strongly urge the starter of this thread to give Mozilla a shot for those reasons: speed, compliance.

AFA a two year old surfing with windows... man, that's creepy. But if he learns that fast, I'm sure he'll be adept w/ both platforms as he gets older.

[ 03-19-2002: Message edited by: stimuli ]</p>
  • Reply 25 of 26
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Well a follow up in reference to some of the questions here.

Yes I have tried Mozilla for OS X. It is fast and great, but still doesn't work 100% with the previously mentioned sites. OW as mentioned chokes out badly as well. The reason I used Netscape via classic wasn't because I particularly enjoy it, but because it worked on sesamestreet.org when no other browser would.

I certainly hope the browsing situation on the mac improves.

Nick
  • Reply 26 of 26
    ive tried IE on win, it crashes on some of 2001's most popular sites

you think this quallify's as good?