Google developing Google Earth for Mac OS X

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Like someone said, it looks like an open source app. ugly.

Oh, yeah. Blame open source for your UI pickiness. Hell, blame GNU and FSF for whatever reason on earth you find.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Oh, yeah. Blame open source for your UI pickiness. Hell, blame GNU and FSF for whatever reason on earth you find.

While I disagree with the assertion that open source equals bad UI design, this is often indeed the case. Notably exceptions such as Adium do exist, but are in the clear minority.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310080...cuss/msgReader$173

and

http://web.archive.org/web/200310080...cuss/msgReader$182
  • Reply 43 of 49
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member

[Screenshot of Google Earth on a Mac]

It got leaked this morning, it runs very nice on my G5 1.8.
  • Reply 44 of 49
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Mind sizing that image down? Not everyone is on 2560x1600.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    Yeah, sorry. I'd put it in a [shot] tag but this forum doesn't support it. I'll just link instead of imbed it..

Here's the page featuring a download link and some info about it...

[anders edit]3rd time: NO LINKS TO THE DOWNLOAD OR WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT[/anders edit]
  • Reply 46 of 49
    I think it runs good, just as good as it is on the PC. I wont complain on a FREE product.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PathDæmon

I find people's passion about GEß's UI interesting. Tell me, you you hate the Windows interface so much? Because at the moment, they're the same except for the background and sliders.

It's not the interface of the app as such, but the elements.

A Mac OS X app can look and feel like the Windows version and look like a proper Mac OS X app.

Google Earth is using the wrong tabs, the wrong fonts, incorrect spacing around elements, incorrect sized elements and so on and so on.

It is possible to use the correct elements and still let the app have the same user interface (not look) as the Windows version.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    Google Earth feels fine. Stop complaining, you damned UI pansies.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I don´t want to continue editing peoples posts here so I am closing this topic...

Google earth beta for Mac Os X is to my knowledge not a public beta. Therefore you cannot link to it or descriptions on how to get it here.

If Google have made it public please sent me a PM where they say so and I will reopen the topic WITH links...