FUTURE HARDWARE 23 DAYS, and counting.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Countdown to MWSF 2006 has just begun. You can put anything related to future hardware, or what have you in here that you like. Speculation, rumor, what you'd like to see, what you dread. This is as good of a place as any until Temporary insanity re-opens.

So as the title states. 23 Days, and counting. Wh00t!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 132
    What I want is an updated 23" display (maybe 24") without all the problems and a much better price, but I'm not holding my breath.

Intel inside the mini and Powerbook me guesses. New iPod Shuffles.

Updated iLife with FrontRow for all.

Looking forward to see what they do with iWork.
  • Reply 2 of 132
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    I want the Apple version of the desk computer Sean Bean's character has in "The Island"...

That was sweet...!

Way cooler than either the edit rig in "Final Cut", or the hologram deal in "Minority Report"...

;^p
  • Reply 3 of 132
    I'd like to see new shuffles, but I don't want Apple to release them yet :P

I just recently got mine, and I don't want accessory makers moving away lol

The thought of an an Intel iBook is just so... wow. I don't get it. It's just a processor, Rosetta is just an emulator, and Universal Binary basically makes sure all the new software work in my computer. But it's so magical.

Macworld, I bow
  • Reply 4 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by livatlantis

I'd like to see new shuffles, but I don't want Apple to release them yet :P

I just recently got mine, and I don't want accessory makers moving away lol

The thought of an an Intel iBook is just so... wow. I don't get it. It's just a processor, Rosetta is just an emulator, and Universal Binary basically makes sure all the new software work in my computer. But it's so magical.

Macworld, I bow

It's not the idea that it's Intel...it's just they idea that Apple is finally going to have a chip supplier that actually gives a shit.

Freescale's ineptitude at producing faster chips and IBM's lack of motivation to make G5 chips that are both low-watt and faster than current G4s is really getting on my (and, obviously, Apple's) nerve.
  • Reply 5 of 132
    That's true...

But I don't know why I am so excited. I don't have the money for a new computer (heck, I don't have money for an old computer!) and my system will function pretty much the way it's doing now

But there's something about Macworld... Maybe it's because the last one resulted in me being able to get a Mac
  • Reply 6 of 132
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

What I want is an updated 23" display (maybe 24") without all the problems and a much better price, but I'm not holding my breath.

Intel inside the mini and Powerbook me guesses. New iPod Shuffles.

Updated iLife with FrontRow for all.

Looking forward to see what they do with iWork.

What problems?

I have one and it is flawless.
  • Reply 7 of 132
    Just bring me some sort of Ihome media center that I can hook up all my entertainment equipment. Plus with a DVR and wireless capability so I can transfer my whole itunes, iphoto library data from my computer to it. That would be awesome.
  • Reply 8 of 132
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

What problems?

I have one and it is flawless.

Apparently a lot of them have had a pink hue to them.
  • Reply 9 of 132
    iWork 06. Add a spreadsheet program (Numbers) and I will be more than happy.
  • Reply 10 of 132
    I think that the best thing that Apple can release right now for MWSF 06 is a couple of things:

<speculation>

1. iLife 06. I think a couple of things that need to happen here are obviously FrontRow becomes a part of iLife 06. Then obviously they need to ship a remote and USB adapter with the box set so that other users who do not have the built in IR receiver can us it. Also, I would suggest an iMovie update (transitions sometimes take forever).

2. iWork 06. I keep hearing about these rumors about "Numbers". I LOVE this idea!!! The faster I can get away from Micro$oft's evil clutches, the better!!

3. Mac mini, iBook updates to Intel. I think that these two models would be a good test bed for the Intel transition. I would also suggest that they do Powerbook with the Intels as well. There are so many people saying that they should wait until revision Bs.... but I don't think so. These MOBOs have been out for a while, so I would say that it is pretty well established and most bugs worked out. Besides, they need a starting place, and this seems to be as good as any starting spot.

4. iHome. Absolutly CRUTICAL right now. They got a lot of good press about Front Row, and it is time that they invaded the Living Room. Microsoft is already there, but they have a piss-poor idea of a media center. It is time that Apple took the lead in this, and showed how a media center is supposed to be.

</speculation>

This is just what I think Apple should release. They have done a lot with the iPods as of recent, but lets not forget their bread and butter.
  • Reply 11 of 132
    kolchakkolchak Posts: 1,398member
    iSee, Apple's first head-mounted display. 1600x1200 resolution with a 90º horizontal field of view. Just steal 1" LCD panels from projectors. With a tiny LED backlight and hooked up to a headless laptop, it may help attain the holy grail of a 12-hour battery life, good enough for a full workday and then some. Better yet, skip the LCD and backlight and use OLED panels.
  • Reply 12 of 132
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mike Eggleston

Absolutly CRUTICAL right now.

"Absolutly" "CRUTICAL" eh.
  • Reply 13 of 132
    For sures:

1) pie charts of how iPods are beating up on everyone

2) new iPod shuffle

3) iWork 06

4) iLife 06

5) Monitors (overdued IMHO)

Probables:

1) PVR

2) anything w/Intel processor

3) announcement for the upcoming 1 billionth song contest on iTune

4) first sighting of Leopard

Long-shot:

1) Settlement w/ Apple Records
  • Reply 14 of 132
    Quote:

5) Monitors (overdued IMHO)

Um, no. Although the current iMac panels are currently better than the ACD ones, I still don't think new monitors are a "for sure". A "possible", yes.

Quote:

4) first sighting of Leopard

That's far more "for sure" than monitors.
  • Reply 15 of 132
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If they update the LCD displays to have the same supposedly über panels as the iMacs have (supposedly they have faster response and a higher contrast ratio) I'd pick one up extremely quickly.
  • Reply 16 of 132
    Without a PM update I seriously doubt we will have monitor updates. You may see a price drop to reflect current trends inpriceing but I wouldnt hold my breath for that either.
  • Reply 17 of 132
    There were price drops in October, so it's not gonna happen.
  • Reply 18 of 132
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    My hopes are for a sneak peek of the next Gen. Mac OS, and an iHome device with DVR. I'll wait for the mill to start turning crazy predictions out before getting any crazier than that.
  • Reply 19 of 132
    with the exception of the 20" display that is better on the Imac I hardly believe Apple will update their displays.

The 23 is OK and the 30" is fantastic. I might only expect new displays when the Powermac becomes Intel, probably by middle 2007. Then we will see a complete redesign and maybe a much larger than 30" monitor to be used as home entertainment solution.
  • Reply 20 of 132
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    An update to airport express which allows for streaming of audio and video.